PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Success

MandaMom2Three
June 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Do you ever take a hair pic and then just sit in awe that that is YOUR hair? :o I did my first attempt at a figure 8 bun today and when I took some pics I got to see more than just how lame it turned out :rollin: . Look at these...

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/figure8001.jpg

Look at that colour and shine!! I remember when I first hennaed I was so sad because the old black hair dye wouldn't let me see it. I am so glad I went ahead with the colorfix :crush: THIS is what I wanted, can't say I'm not a red head NOW :cheese:. Now look at this one...

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/figure8004.jpg

I turned the flash off and while it resulted in a blurry pic, I thought the colour variations were really neat!

and finally, my favourite!

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/figure8007.jpg

Not only does this one show the only angle that it could even remotely be called a figure 8 :lol: , but I am just amazed at how healthy and shiny my hair looks! Those flyaways would have driven me right nuts a month ago, but when I see how beautiful and healthy the majority of my hair is...somehow they just don't seem like that big a deal! THIS to me is proof that all the work I've put into my hair the past 9 months have been sucessful :D. I could never have gotten my hair like this without LHC, you guys (and gals lol) are miracle workers :grouphug:

Chrissy
June 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Yay!!! It's so nice to see an I love my hair post instead of I hate my hair post!!! Lookin' good girl!!!!

ladylibra
June 26th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Lovely! :D
Yes, there are days I still sit in awe of my hair's health. Even if I don't really succeed at a particular style, I am amazed at how beautiful my actual hair looks. ;)

Bunnyhare
June 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Isn't it fun, trying all these new styles and then getting them to work! I liked your figure 8. I am so glad you are having a good hair experience...I feel the same way about TLHC,totally enamored! Its a great bunch and lots of good advice,and your color is great! I have some red in my hair, but my niece has natural really red hair and i love it!

RancheroTheBee
June 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I really like the second picture. The colors are so cool. :)

SmartyPants
June 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Isn't it fun, trying all these new styles and then getting them to work! I liked your figure 8. I am so glad you are having a good hair experience...I feel the same way about TLHC,totally enamored! Its a great bunch and lots of good advice,and your color is great! I have some red in my hair, but my niece has natural really red hair and i love it!

I like that figure 8 bun too! I can't wait until my hair is long enough to pull that off.

Aunteater
June 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
oooh! SHINY!

I never thought I'd do that with the admiring photos of the back of my own head (which is quite bizarre when you think about it)... until I joined this forum. I have done it at least three times this week.

Elphie
June 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Your figure eight is certainly much better than mine! Your hair looks lovely, mandamom. Bright and shiny :-)

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! You SHOULD be proud of it! The color is fantastic. I'm so glad you're happy with it. :flower:

ReddishRocks
June 26th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Yay!!! It's so nice to see an I love my hair post instead of I hate my hair post!!! Lookin' good girl!!!!
I totally agree - your hair is so healthy! You'll get the hang of that figure 8. :D

amaiaisabella
June 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! I tried a wrap bun today, which I've never been able to do, and it holds like a dream :) I feel so accomplished, and I bet you do too! What a neat feeling.

Aditi
June 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I love your hair color and that was a very good attempt with the bun better than mine :)

Dementia1013
June 27th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Fantastic! Congratulations! I do that sometime too. Especially when I'm trying out a new style and get it to work. I sit and feel very accomplished then run to show hubby. lol.

rach
June 27th, 2009, 05:12 AM
havn't done a figure 8 bun yet. must find some instructions soon.
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/figure8007.jpg
defanly 8 shaped :p

my first attempt of a dutch braid -
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/dutchbraid.jpg
yeah well , need to practice :couch:

embee
June 27th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Lovely hair pics, great colors! My mom was an artist and she explained to me when I was little that hair wasn't just "one color" - that it was many colors all together, depending on the light.

Personally I *like* wispies... they add such softness, one wants to touch them. Why do we so often reject the halo effect? It's very pretty. One can have shiny smooth hair with wispies. Your pics prove it. :)

Torrin Paige
June 27th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Yay! I'm glad you're happy. Your henna turned out such a beautiful variety of colors. You gotta love that shine. Here's a happy way to think about your flyaways - it's new hair growth! I used to see mine and lament all the damage. Then someone told me to look at the ends of my whispies and see if they were split or broken, because if they weren't, it wasn't damage at all, it was just my new baby hairs coming in. I actually slapped myself on the forehead. As much hair as I shed every day, I should be bald by now. Of course it's new hair (well newer than my longest bits, anyway). So now I just smile when I see my flyaways...I know my hair is still happily growing away!

coolbreeze212
June 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Oooh...look at that shine! Practically blinding in that first photo!

Roseate
June 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Your hair looks great! Love the color variations.

I've had that wow feeling for my last two hair photos- my waves are looking better and better, I think I've finally learned how to treat them right. Now of only it would go ahead and be LONG, already! ;)

MandaMom2Three
June 28th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Thank you all :flowers: I am ESPECIALLY happy about that shine! I have lots of pics with that blinding shine, but they were all cones. This is my very first REAL shine pic :D soooooooo happy!

redneckprincess
June 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I always have even prior to LHC but never had anywhere to share them , now I do...