PDA

View Full Version : Can you tie your hair in a knot?

eadwine
April 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I seem to remember a thread like this on the old forum, something like a test whether people can do this and if it stays put then. If someone remembers more than I do, please do fill in the blanks for me :lol:

Anyway.. I have tried, and it immediately comes out again, no way is it staying in. Floop hair http://whiterosecreations.nl/images/smileys/rasp.gif :lol:

Kittee
April 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Works great for me. But then again I have curly/coarse hair, so I think that helps. If you have smooth finer hair, i can imagine it would slide right out!

Euphony
April 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
With all my hair I can almost make a full knot now - but there's no way it's staying in. It does stay in with half my hair though - I like the half-up knotted bun!

spidermom
April 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
It won't stay in unless I skewer it with sticks or a fork. Even a double-loop knot slides out in 1 minute or less.

Gylfi
April 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Not only does the knot stay in, but it is very hard to get back out :shrug:

Leisha
I tried and it slid out in about 20 seconds. :shrug: :)

almudena
Ok, I tried it at this very moment and it stays :)

Kleis
April 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I have fine hair, but a lot of it. I wore my hair exclusively in a topknot (no sticks, pins, forks, etc) for absolutely years. It was only when I started growing from hip length to longer that I started using tools to keep it up. I'd never used a hairstick or fork--or anything else--until I'd been a member of the LHC for six months or so!

My hair stays up fine at slightly shorter lengths. These days, gravity hauls it down fairly quickly.

camara
April 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I can do a full knot, whether it stays in or not depends...

Clean hair= knot is slipping out in no time.
...not so freshly washed hair= knot is slipping down to waist level and stays there.
:o

Diamondgirl2003
April 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Mine slips out. My sister does that to my hair she said its a test to see if your hair is healthy if it slips out it is. I dont think its a correct test because my cousins stays and she has really nice healthy hair but it also has some curl and i think that makes it stay.

Hypnotica
April 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I can do a knot barely, but I need to use some sort of tools.

Gylfi
April 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Mine slips out. My sister does that to my hair she said its a test to see if your hair is healthy if it slips out it is. I dont think its a correct test because my cousins stays and she has really nice healthy hair but it also has some curl and i think that makes it stay.

This makes sense to me as I'd think that brittle hair would easily stay in a knot. There are so many exceptions that it's not a viable way to calculate the health of one's hair, though!

MemSahib
April 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
No, it slides right out.

Lady Godiva
April 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
My sister does that to my hair she said its a test to see if your hair is healthy if it slips out it is.
All the test really does is determine how straight a person's hair is, which, of course, can be determined by simple observation. I suppose dry or damaged hair might hold a knot better, but then again, simple observation can determine those facts.

Of course my 1a hair falls out immediately. Must use a stick or other tool to hold it onto my head. :roll:

icydove
April 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
It will stay loosely if I do not move my head at all. One shake of the head and the knot will fall out.

LifeisAdventure
April 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hmmm... My hair stays in a knot after slipping down the length a bit. My hair is very fine and usually slick, but I wouldn't doubt it's a sign of unhealthiness for me. :( Probably not the same for others with curly or thick hair though.

KatKeRo
April 10th, 2008, 01:20 PM
It depends wich knot. A simple knot slides out but a Swirlybun (which is a kind of a knot) stays in, a Literal Knot also.

harley mama
April 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I can tie my hair in a knot and it will stay for a while if I am not doing anything very active.
The problem is that I usually tie it in a knot to get it out of the way when I am doing something active. So, It doesn't stay long most of the time!

Lixie
April 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Not only does the knot stay in, but it is very hard to get back out :shrug:

Heh, same here. I can never do that half-of-hair-pulled-through-loop ponytail either, my hair becomes hoplessly tangled up.

Yari
April 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Sometimes my knots come loose because they were not tied correctly or my hair is too slippery. It depends on how i position the knot.

Do you remember the Suebian knot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suebian_knot)? For instructions, please see Coats of arms of Osterby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wappen_von_Osterby_bei_Eckernfoerde_in_Deuts chland.png).

Shanarana
April 10th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Mine knots without me doing anything to it. :cheese:

jojo
April 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
yeah i can do this, but it stays in about 30 seconds but kinda makes me feel longer than i am!!

n3m3sis42
April 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I can tie mine in a knot, and it will stay for a few minutes if I don't move my head very much.

embee
April 10th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Gah. Mine is long enough but the knot won't even stay in long enough for me to brush my teeth, which is when I want my hair tied back. Slippery, that's my hair!

Alethia
April 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I can tie a knot in mine easily, but it slips down to neck level really quickly and I certainly wouldn't trust it as a method of keeping my hair out of the way for long, even though the ponytail sprouting out of it is nearly waist length.

renarok
April 10th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Nope, the knot slides right out. I also can't leave a braid without an elastic for more that 5 seconds because is unravels. I always wished I could do a quick braid and leave it. I'd like to say it was because my hair is so healthy, but my guess is it is just my hair type.

Riot Crrl
April 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
It used to work when I had longer hair, but now it slides out after a few.

Angela_Rose
April 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Mine will stay in a regular knot just fine, with only minimal slippage, but i have thick coarse hair so that may have something to do with it.
What i like to do with a knot it wind the tassel around the knot and then run it all through with a stick- it'll stay forever like that.
i also consider my standard bun a sort of knot- i wind it around and around and then sort of tie the ends off under the already-wound coils of bun.

ale
April 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I can do it, but it slips instantaneously!

hazelceleste
April 11th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I can knot my hair, but it only stays for a few minutes.

Haith
April 11th, 2008, 07:14 AM
My knot springs out as soon as I let go. Less than 2 seconds for me.

Stevy
April 11th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Mine slides straight out again.

eresh
April 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
If I do a knot against my head, it sags out halfway down and then patheticly hangs there

naomimcc
April 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Mine wil stay if I haven't washed my hair in like 3/4 days. usually I use a scrunchie to hold it.