PDA

View Full Version : what is YOUR hair goal?

smerrie
June 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Mine, currently, is BSL, layered, and super healthy.

Yours? :)

Fractalsofhair
June 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm thinking somewhere in the range between waist and hip, but super healthy and my natural thickness.(I've had tons of hair break off due to damage) I don't want hair so long I have to wear it up all the time, though my brother was able to get his hair to his knees wearing it down all the time, and I, as a child was able to get my hair somewhere in the range of thigh wearing it mostly down, but I think waist/hip would be the most flattering for me. While we're at it, I'd also like my hair to have tons of blue streaks in it, decide if it's curly straight or wavy, and be not as dry! XD I'll settle for long healthy hair though!

Hannah83
June 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I am dreaming of tailbone, with layers because my curls does not curl so nice when all in one length. :) I am at waist now.

WritingPrincess
June 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Knee length at the moment, but who knows? I may go much longer if I can.

demitasse
June 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hip length but once I get there, I'll probably cut it back and maintain at waist. I've got another year and a half or so before I have to worry about it though.

bigdreamer
June 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
1st goal - to get serious about this...that's done! (this site helped tremendously)

2nd goal -to become heat-style free...(99% done, still have the odd weird section that I can't always air-style)

3rd goal - to lose back layers and become more even...(done)

4th goal - to figure out the best products to use...(still working on that)

5th goal - to be close to bsl by xmas

6th goal - to come back here same time next year with a pic of my verrry loooong hair just like everyone else :)

Pixna
June 25th, 2009, 12:42 PM
My hair goal is simply to have it LONG!!! My hair is healthy, all one length, no dyes or damage, so it just has to GROW more.

1st goal = APL
2nd goal = BSL
3rd goal = waist
4th goal = tailbone
5th goal = hips
6th goal = classic

Maud
June 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
somewhere between waist and hip, one lenght and super healthy.

patience
June 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM
If my hair will get there, my goal is fingertip, virgin hair with all bleach damage gone.

Laurel32
June 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
To get rid of my dye and heat damaged hair.

ladylibra
June 25th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Right now it is full BSL (straightened) by the end of the year.

After that it's full waist length (straightened) and my final goal is collarbone or APL (curly). I take my goals a few steps at a time, hee hee. ;)

Sheltie_Momma
June 25th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Visually Hip length (may need to be longer than that due to waviness), all layers gone, blunt hemline shiny & healthy. I want the damage from heat styling to grow out so I can see how wavy or not my hair really can be when healthy.

I want to sit in the sunshine and not see splits, I want all my halo of baby hairs to grow at least long enough to blend in and not frizz up. I want to have giant complicated buns and when I take them down and shake my hair, I want traffic to screech to a halt.

I want my husband to wrap the length around his fist and use it draw me close for a big kiss, oh wait, that could happen now!

Garnet66
June 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I can't decide between bsl and waist. I'd like to go for waist but have heard that the longer your hair is the harder it is to care for. And, I don't want any layers with hopefully a u shape. I hope to be at shoulder length by years end.

cakedcake
June 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
My short-term goal: make it to shoulder by the winter!

Mid-long-term: APL, then BSL. Figure out whether to keep up with my henndigo applications. I'd like to grow out my natural color, but I'm kind of accustomed to the benefits of coloring now.

Long-term: Waist, I think. I've never had hair this long, and it is still some years away.

saviniris
June 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
My current goal is to grow my hair out to waist length (it's just shy of BSL right now) and then work on growing out the shorter layers to get all of my hair to waist length. Once everything is evened up, I'll see how it is working and maybe I'll keep it there or let it grow further!

Bene
June 25th, 2009, 02:36 PM
my mini goals are to learn how to really deal with frizzy hair and flyaways.

my final goal is to be able to feel my hair swinging at my elbows and lower back, completely dry and curly, without layers or damage.

i'm also looking into being able to do a celtic knot.

Kiraela
June 25th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Right now, I want classic length, healthy hair. We'll see if it changes once I get there.

KajiKodomo
June 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
My goal is to grow my hair out to tailbone, virgin hair, no layers, and healthy.

Ultimately, I'd like to one day see how long it will grow before I reach terminal. :D

Honey39
June 25th, 2009, 02:41 PM
See how long it can get and look healthy while continuing to put low-lights in it to hide the grey. So far it's about mid-back when curly, but when the ends go I'm going to maintain at that length for a while until I can carry on growing out healthy hair again.

Not a super length, but I do want super quality!

Starr
June 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Classic when dry and curly. . . so about thigh or knee length.

MandaMom2Three
June 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Classic all the way :D

abritta3
June 25th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Goal 1: Get rid of damage (which is going quite well)

Goal 2: Grow out natural/virgin hair (just started and have a half inch already ;))

Goal 3: Short-term goal is waist

Final goal: (as of now) Classic length with my 3a curls (when dry)

krissykins
June 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I want to have waist-length by this time next year.

Then I want tailbone length by this time in 2011.

Right now it's APL so... *crosses fingers*

Das Siechtum
June 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
My goal is....terminal length

Ryanne
June 25th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Solid waist, which is kind of tricky with curls. Then maybe hip or longer.

Carrie Ingalls
June 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Two of my goals: Keep my hair getting healthier and learn more ways to wear it!

Saisaisayonara
June 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I want to grow it to hip length, with straight blunt ends....then maybe classic. I'm at waist now (it happened accidently through simply refusing to go to the hairdressers because I didn't like them) though I am going to trimsome of the very dead ends off.

I am also aiming to save and fix my very damaged hair so that it is shiny and healthy.

And, get rid of all the darn frizz/flywaways that just won't seem to go away :)

Quixii
June 25th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Healthy, thick, and curly at at least classic. =) That may be too much to ask for, though. My hair hasn't been doing much growing the last year, so I fear that I may have some annoyingly short terminal length or something.

zen_oven
June 25th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Waist, with minimal layers and a gentle U-shape.

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Classic length with all my layers evened out.

Unnamed
June 25th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Terminal length.

smerrie
June 25th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Here is a new question to add onto this post :) Hopefully all will see - what do you plan to do with your hair once you reach your goal? Maintain it? Cut it and grow again? Do something different/radical with it?

Nyghtingale
June 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Knee length, I am currently at thigh.

Kelsey89
June 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
My goal is waist.

dulce-de-leche
June 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
1st goal-waist 31 inches and I'm only 2 1/2 inches away
2nd goal-butt 37 inches
3rd goal-thigh 44 inches

Fee
June 25th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Classic length is my dream length, hope to get to that length one day :D

Aunteater
June 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
37", which is tailbone on me. And with a hemline that isn't wispy.

GlassEyes
June 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Here is a new question to add onto this post :) Hopefully all will see - what do you plan to do with your hair once you reach your goal? Maintain it? Cut it and grow again? Do something different/radical with it?

Good question.

If I'm honest, I'll probably be too lazy to cut it. xD; So it'll probably just keep growing. But, granted, I'll have to hide it under a wig, likely, if I have a job and I'm still working on being an author, so I may have to cut so it'll fit.

tigerlily896
June 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
My hair goal is mainly healthy virgin hair. Currently, I have some highlights and dye that I am still attempting to grow out, but I do have like 1/8 inch of virgin roots!

I do notice that I have a bit of gray/whites. I'm only slightly worried... I'll either look rockin' or frightening! Only time will tell ;)

As far as the length goes thats something that I will just play by ear. I know my hair is really thick and wavy/curly so I'm not sure how well I will be able to handle a lot of length.

windinherhair
June 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
If my hair will get there, my goal is fingertip, virgin hair with all bleach damage gone.

This is similar to my goal. Fingertip hair is the length I would like to try (I should be able to tell when I can sit on it for the first time :) ) I also have color in my hair so I am growing that out. I can't even tell it is there though.... there is practically no color difference and I've been growing it out since November. Eventually I would like to even my hemline more.

daisy
June 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
When I joined LHC, my goal was classic. Now, my hair is at tailbone. I'm not even at classic yet, and my goal has changed to knee. And then someone mentioned wanting to know what terminal was before they died, and now I am curious about that. I hope I can stick with it and not chop my hair out of boredom, frustration, etc.

Blue Willow
June 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Mid-Thigh would be close to my ideal

Dars
June 25th, 2009, 09:31 PM
My current goal is to reach bottom BSL dry. Long term I'd like to grow out all my layers and be at waist.

rose_in_bloom
June 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
My goal is to have healthy, one-length, damage-free hair somewhere between tailbone and classic. I think I'll be there in 3-4 years.

Shadow Walker
June 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Right now I'm between waist and hip, and my final goal is terminal, whatever length that might be!

Lexibeth
June 26th, 2009, 03:25 AM
35 inches, so about waist length...might go longer after that, but I'm not sure yet. It was close in late 2008 at 29...but the ends were beyond dead and i had to trim to 20. I am now sitting at 26.5 so i have about a year to go.

paper
June 26th, 2009, 03:46 AM
My goal was to grow to BSL. I'm growing out dye, so my goal now is to be all virgin. So, I'm sure there will be some cutting and trimming going on.

GreenGirl44
June 26th, 2009, 04:25 AM
My goal is healthy hair that I actually like "as is"--without blowfrying or products.

hennaphile
June 26th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I would like to be at classic with the thickness I had before, or more.

Elanor
June 26th, 2009, 05:17 AM
When I joined a year ago, my hair was close to bsl and my goal was waist length healthy hair with most of the layers grown out. Now that I'm almost at waist my goal has changed to at least hip :D And I still want to get rid of the layers.

Freija
June 26th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Short term: Blunt-cut, no splits and shiny by Christmas.

Longer-term: BSL, blunt-cut and super-healthy by the time I go to university, which (if I get the A-levels I need) is fifteen months away. My hair grows, on average, 3/4 inch per month; that's eleven inches until October 2010, minus trims leaves about eight inches of growth... *ahem*

Final goal: Hip-length, still super-healthy, blunt-cut and red.

janeytilllie
June 26th, 2009, 05:53 AM
My goals are :D:

1. Grow healthy hair

2. Learn new hair updos/ styles and achieve them

3. Expand my hair toy collection

Hair length goals

4. Bra Strap Length

5. Waist Length

6. Hip Length

7. Tailbone Length

8. Classic Length

9.Mid Thigh Length

10. Knee Length
The ultimte goal! :inlove:

LilyMunster
June 26th, 2009, 06:10 AM
My goals for 2009 are to cease trims, hem is not thick, but not wispies. So we'll call that good. Go on to classic from solid tbone.
Be more consistant on the weekly DT wear a head wrap overnight and cleanse it in the morning. I just put a beach towel over my pillow and it's fine. Cannot walkaround with a turbie twist DT during the day. Just gets in the way of my vigorous TV watching. :cool:
I will do tiny rounds of S and D.
Updo's or braids. Protect from hot and cold temp extremes.
Lot's more little things add up to acheiveing healthy locks.
Something everyday.:eek:

meph
June 26th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Tailbone, maybe classic (which was actually my original goal) without layers.

redneckprincess
June 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
right now its APL then BSL eventually possibal term but really just healthy and virgin ♥

Finoriel
June 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Goal? :ponder:

I guess I donīt have a goal.
:scared:Please donīt tell me Iīd need one :wink:.

LadyLongLocks
June 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
56" and I am very close at 55.5. But my real goal is to trim the ends for a while to improve the hemline.
:) I don't think I will go any longer than 56/ knees....I see no point in it.

Othala
June 26th, 2009, 08:08 AM
My goal is to have terminal length virgin hair. Quite simple really.

nowxisxforever
June 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Terminal.

I reached (wet/stretched dry) my goal of Classic, and from here I'm going on to terminal...just to see. I have a fair bit of damage left so I might end up maintaining at Classic a little, but not devotedly. I've gotten to the point to where I really don't care *what* length my hair is, so long as it's not shorter than I've currently got it.

mira-chan
June 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I reached my goal of classic length and passed it a bit. No goals anymore, it's there and growing so I let it.

lailmil
June 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I want my hair touches my wrists :)

Xandergrammy
June 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I want a long salt and pepper braid.

bridgetsgirl
June 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I want to get to terminal, wherever it is (I'll admit, part of it is curiosity), as long as I can easily put it in a bun for work every morning. Pretty fairytale ends would be quite nice too!

swanns
June 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I didn't have a goal before but in the last few weeks I've kind of started to think classic is where I could stop for a little while and just keep trimming the ends for some time to make it healthier. But that's still about a year from now. :) I do want to know what my terminal lenght is as well though, and growing has become a kind of a hobby for me so it'd be weird not to be growing all of a sudden. We'll see.

AmyJorgensen
June 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Totally tangle free

Butterflylady
June 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'd like to have fingertip hair or longer as long as it's healthy. This is the longest I've had my hair as an adult and I love to feel it on my back (that's new to me). I love long hair.

ecologystudent
June 26th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I want to go more than 2 years with out cutting it into a pixie/bob.
I want long, smooth, healthy hair, somewhere between waist and tailbone.
I want to be able to make all the different kinds of braids.
I want to remember that I always look silly with short hair so I don't ever cut it again.
I want to be able to make becoming up-dos.
I want to be happy with my hair.

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Right now, my mini-goal is to have thick blunt ends at the length I currently have (classic). But my ultimate goal is terminal length. It'll just take me longer to get there since I love to keep my ends trimmed.

ladylibra
June 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I want to remember that I always look silly with short hair so I don't ever cut it again.

You look cute with short hair. Off-topic I know, and not to dissuade you from growing long hair but I thought it was worth mentioning. :D

Addy
June 26th, 2009, 07:44 PM
My ultimate goal... I want my hair 3ft past my feet so when I walk, it will drag on the floor if I wear it down, not that I would intentionally ruin it by dragging it day or night but yeah, I'd love to have hair that long! Time will tell! :D

As of right now though, I'm coming up on my first real goal of BSL. I'm not quite there yet but I'm hoping by August, I'll have a solid BSL!

Another goal of mine is growing my virgin hair out. I've not colored since August of last year and it's grown so much! I'm very impressed and love looking in the mirror at my grays! :D I'm not too keen on trimming my dyed hair off because it is very healthy so it can stay for the time being. :) The two-tonedness doesn't bother me.

My next mini goal will be waist. I can't wait! :cool:

I will never cut my hair short again! Maybe when I'm 70 years old, I'll be able to jump rope with it! :cheese:

Charlotte
June 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
To grow out highlighted hair and embrace my silver strands.
Originally stated that I'd like to reach tailbone but now am thinking of classic - if that's possible with my hair type.

Bill D.
June 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM
My hair is now terminal, at a somewhat shorter length and much reduced volume relative to what it was before my male pattern baldness began (in between there was a period of short hair for 17 years). I'm been taking propecia for the last 10 years which has arrested the balding process and caused a slight recovery, so now I'm in a holding pattern for however many years.

Someday there will be better treatments for baldness and perhaps even ways to make ones hair grow longer, so I still have a dream of having very long hair- at least to my tailbone, probably to my knees, and if I can handle the work, to my ankles. If I ever get this opportunity, then I will find out if I am up to the challenge of growing my hair so long.

Bill D.

buzzbee34
June 28th, 2009, 12:28 AM
My goal is chemical free,no dye and fingertip length. If I can do it I have extremely thick hair and find the longer it gets the more sore my neck is, that being said i am close if not at tbl, which other then when i was 5yrs old with it to me knees is the longest i have had it in years. i believe i could count the number of time i have heat or chemically treated my hair on my fingers and toes and have a few left over.

Gilly
June 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM
My goal is to get my hair long enough to put into a good looking ponytail then I can start to ignore it until its waist length!
Currently its short again as whenever it gets to a certain length (base of neck/top of shoulders) it gets really nasty and I end up getting so upset by it that I chop it off:rolleyes: I am NOT doing that this time though, I am going to start using a cone serum on the ends to keep them managable until I get past the horrible stage!
That is my plan anyway!:cheese:

DBBramble
June 28th, 2009, 01:30 AM
my goal as far as length is

Logically: waist length (which means the top of my jeans being 5`2)

Dreaming: Tailbone or longer (if my hair can stand it)

Other Goals

Find out what my natural hair color is.

(By this I mean what my color with out the highlights, if they are even still in my hair. Got them done way back in August 2005. So they may very well all be gone.)

Other than that I can't think of anything else...expect finding a way to get rid of my dandruff besides an herbal ACV rinse.

carinkla
June 28th, 2009, 02:45 AM
mm I do not think about it much I just go from point to point. I am currently on my way from classic to full fingertip (part of my u shape passed it already now I am waiting for the shorter sides to reach it) when I reach that I might wait until its knee. But mainly my goal is as long as possile with it still looking acceptable to me (not too wispy) Why I say 'acceptable'is because I would like to have full ends but already from waist there is a natural process kicking in that makes end thinner then the rest..there is noting to do about it exept trim if it gets to bad for me. 1.5 year ago I had classic but reached the 'unacceptable'point..I trimmed back 15 cm to about between tailbone and classic. Now its of course thinner then the rest but still acceptable to me. About virgin I had some perm in the 80's but I guess those hairs were cut in the ninetees. Layers I took care of in the ninetees also...so it already is about one lengt for lots of years now.

drquartz1970
June 28th, 2009, 03:49 AM
My current goal is to achieve APL by my birthday in April 2010. If I could I would ultimately like to grow down to a home run of Waist length. But being slightly in awe of providence I don't want to attract bad luck at this stage by making assumptions so I humbly go one step/milestone at a time so I don't get too disappointed if my ultimate goal never comes to fruitition. :hollie:

A mini-goal after achieving APL is to trim the layers gradually to one length. At present I have about 5 cm (2 inches) in difference in hair length when I started to grow out the hair.

Also another goal for my hair has nothing to do with length but keeping it in as healthy a condition as possible. I stopped drinking, and cut down on the junk foods (though I still have my one day a week to indulge! :pizza:

ilandree
June 28th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I go back and forth between wanting it at knee and trying for terminal.

klcqtee
June 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I want my hair (dry) to be waist length. The only problem is that my hair is very thick, and as it gets longer it just gets wavier. (shoulder is about 1c, BSL is usually 2b/2c, I don't know why though) Plus I live in Southern Arizona and during the summer we generally go 40 consecutive days above 100 degrees (F). So for basically 7 months of the year it is well over 80 degrees (F). That much hair on my head (even up) is pretty hot.

Once I reach waist I want some layers (to control waves) and a nice thick U shape hemline. Finally I want it beautifully hennaed red. Or maybe dyed red with blonde and brown streaks if my hair can take the damage.

Finally! The time frame: *dramatic music* I would like to accomplish waste length hair by the time I graduate in May of 2011. My hair grows about an inch per month, and I'm currently a month or two from APL. I can do this! I think...

Is that an unreasonably short amount of time?

RhainyC
June 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hmm, this is actually a real thought provoking question for me...

Last year I had mine at tailbone, and was totally annoyed sitting on it. There was a lot of damage due to my not taking proper care of it during the 2-3 years prior. So within the last several months, I have coloured it again, and cut off about 18 inches. Right now, it is waist length. I may again try for terminal, but it will really depend on my patience, and if I can manage to figure out how to keep it out of the way...I am very impatient, and tend to get annoyed at it easily.

So, for now, TBL but just barely, so I am not sitting on it, then keep trimming til all the colour is gone I think, while working on getting it healthier on the way to beginning to grow out to terminal.

Jules diamond
June 28th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Short term, i'd like to get to Waist. I think I could manage that by November.

By the end of the year, I'm going to focus on eliminating all my damaged hair from that brutal coloring two years ago. That's going to take a long time, so I'd estimate I'll be trimming for another eight months.

After I get the dye mostly out I'd like to continue on to my hips or tailbone, which shouldn't take more than another six months to do. I can't believe it'll be 2011 by then!

daydreamer
June 28th, 2009, 03:40 PM
My goal is classic length with an even hemline, healthy, and all of my dye damage gone! It will probably take me a couple of years to get to classic, but maybe a year and half after that just to get all of the old damage out -- I was at hip but cut some damage off back to waist because I couldn't stand how yucky it was any longer. I think 2013 would be a reasonable guess for reaching my goal!

dancebear
June 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM
My hair goal is to have the same length (tailbone) but make it healthier and shiny. It's rather dull right now, lots of split ends, etc.. needs new treatment and cuts. I'm excited!

but it sounds like a lot of you suggest wearing hair up/protected and whatnot.. well my question is if I want to have long hair that I love wearing down and looks healthy than is it really possible to reach my goal? I don't look right w/my hair back and I don't like the old fashioned hairstyles..

Yeukie
June 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm aiming for a healthy APL for now. That would be an answer to my prayers!!! :pray:

Ravenmoon
June 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Well, right now, my goal is to get back to waist length, but one of these days, I've love to have it grow out to terminal length -- whatever that may be.

Paliele
June 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I'd like to be BSL by my birthday (November). My long-term goal is all one length at classic.

GypsyGoddess
June 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Right now, I'd love to have it between my shoulder and bra strap. That will be a while, though.

Long term, I want layers between mid back and hip bone, and maybe some face framing pieces. I have a big forehead so I need a fringe of some kind.

curls2grow
June 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
My hair goal is shiny hair at APL with hemline as full/thick as possible, and all faded brown grown out.

Hairth&Home
June 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I committed a huge hair mistake 15 mos. ago (midlife crises can lead you to do monumentally dumb things. :( ) I'm fortunate in that my hair grows more quickly than average. It's recovering nicely from its butchering.

My short term goal is for the shortest layer to reach my shoulders by the end of the year.

Next I'd like to have my hair looking like it did in 2007 (when I joined LHC and took my sig pic) by next July.

My long term goal is to utterly thumb my nose at social convention and have healthy, shiny, all natural TBL hair when I turn 50 (five years from now).

Heavenly Locks
June 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
My ultimate goal?!

Uh...To have my hair reach classic with beautifully healthy ends :) Now I just have to wait a couple of years. ;)

NickalNack
June 30th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Tailbone is my ultimate goal. My temporary goal is bra strap length. My "happy" goal is waist. My dream goal is classic, and my omigod goal is knee.

Pixna
June 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Tailbone is my ultimate goal. My temporary goal is bra strap length. My "happy" goal is waist. My dream goal is classic, and my omigod goal is knee.

Those are my very same goals . . . except I couldn't put it as eloquently (and hilariously) as you did!! :smirk:

ZadenWillowfyre
June 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
My goal is to reach terminal length!

Mrs.X
June 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
My short term goal is to get to a solid waist length by Christmas, and my long term goals are to grow out all or most of my layers, and perhaps ultimately to get to classic length although i keep changing my mind about whether it would be a bit impractical.

rumi
November 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I'd love to get to TB length but for now i think I'll go for waist length, i'm currently an BSL. If it doesnt thin too much as it gets longer maybe I'll just keep going as long as I can!

Heavenly Locks
November 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Mine's easy. It's to let it grow (untrimmed would be best) until I leave Japan. So, a total of 3 years growing time. One year down, two to go! :)

I believe that I will be very near classic by then? I am hoping...

myrrhmaiden
November 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
My hair goal is simply to have it LONG!!!
Mee too!

1st goal = APL -check! :D
2nd goal = BSL -hopefully by spring! *crosses fingers and toes*
3rd goal = waist
4th goal = tailbone
5th goal = hips
6th goal = classic

ooo
November 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
waist or mid back? whatever covers my bust and all at the very same lenght. I mean, I want a straight hemline.

RoseRedDead
November 27th, 2009, 07:54 AM
When I first came here, my goal was waist-length. I'm almost there, and I want to go longer. My ultimate goal is to have hair down to my fingertips (about mid-thigh).

Next year, in the spring and summer, I'd like to have my hair hip-length, and maintain it to trim off damaged ends and to thicken up the hemline.

So my goals look like this right now:

-Grow to waist (almost there!)
-Grow to hips
-Maintain for however long I see fit
-Grow to tailbone
-Grow to classic
-Grow to fingertips!

Brianna
November 27th, 2009, 08:04 AM
My original goal was tailbone, but I may end up growing it to classic afterward just to check it out. My ultimate goal is healthy, dye-free and tailbone-or-classic-length hair with a thicker hemline. :)

Sia
November 27th, 2009, 08:10 AM
My goal is tailbone but I think it'll take the curlwurls a while to get there..

LoversLullaby
November 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
My goal is waist length healthy hair! =)

Angela_Rose
November 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Knee-length, AKA 60". I'm currently going for length with fairytale ends, and as soon as I get to KL, I'll lop off 6" and let the ends grow back nice and thick. After I regain those 6", I'll maintain at knee unless I decide to go for Terminal.

Pifkin
November 27th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Thick and healthy waist length.

Loreley
November 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
My goal is lower thigh length. :Star:

Copasetic
November 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I want it to be waist length when it is curly. And healthy, too.

Ina
November 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My goal is tailbone, and to grow out my layers.

Little_Bird
November 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
My goal is to have blunt straight hair at classic lenght :)

lucys
November 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
My goal is to get my hair back to where it was when I had a stupid month or two while pregnant and cut it all off. It was only at BSL, but I was on the way to waist. Now I am just below chin.

<sigh>

Cannot believe I have to do the awkward shoulder to apl section again...

Opal25
November 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
My new goal is a blunt cut at hiplength - I've been maintaining at waistlength for almost a year & now I want to see how full hiplength will look. :D

Belisarius
November 27th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Ha, nice and even at classic. Not even many women have that and I want to have really long hair.

pepperminttea
November 27th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I want to sit in the sunshine and not see splits, I want all my halo of baby hairs to grow at least long enough to blend in and not frizz up. I want to have giant complicated buns and when I take them down and shake my hair, I want traffic to screech to a halt.

I want my husband to wrap the length around his fist and use it draw me close for a big kiss, oh wait, that could happen now!

Best. Goals. Ever. :D

I'm going for around TB length, though to be honest, I'm not completely certain; I've never been at that length before, so I'll have to wait and see. I want to be long enough to do a decent-looking crown braid, but not so long that it's more hassle than it's worth.

I'm currently between BSL and waist, and I think this is the longest it's ever been. So more short-term goals for me are: reaching waist, hip, then TB. And finishing growing out my old layers - I'll be so glad when they're gone! :D

pdy2kn6
November 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I hope to get to knee, with a fairy thick hem, then let it fairytale to terminal... one day hopefully

Keildra
November 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Mid thigh or knee dry(or if genetics won't allow knee I'll go to terminal) and then maintaining until I have all healthy maintained hair.

jesamyn
November 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm going for visual waist-to-tailbone. I haven't decided for sure what I want to do with my layers, aside from knowing that I have too many right now. I think I might still want long layers, but we'll see. Mainly, I just want it as thick as it can be within my genetic parameters and healthy.

shortgoinglong
November 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
1st Goal: Shoulder length healthy hair
2nd Goal: BSL and very healthy

truwave
November 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Same her, well I'm just past shoulder length, and I'm hoping to get to bsl by next summer. Also, I want to do monthly measurements to check the growth rate.

Miasen
Right now I want to try to get to TB. If I reach that and isn't horribly annoyed by having so long hair, maybe I'll just keep growing it and see how long it ends up being. ;) Terminal baby!

Stubborn
Short Term: Full, loose, low ponytail.

Long Term: Hair at all one length. curly and dry. at waist.

Ally<3
November 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
My goal is blunt healthy ends, between BSL and Waist, with all bleach damage cut off, my natural colour and thickness.

FrozenPrincess
November 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
My hair goal is as long as it will possibly go! Its just creeping past classic and heading for thigh:p

HoneyBun
November 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
My goal is -- as long as it will get! You only live once, and I want to experience terminal length before I'm too old to enjoy it!

WyrdWay
November 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Right now I just want all of my curls to fall past my shoulders without being stretched. Right now straightened I really want to claim apl but I'm gonna wait a little longer... and only half of my hair makes it past my shoulders curly. So hopefully by this time next year I will reach this goal.

Shahada
November 28th, 2009, 12:25 AM
One of my first hair goals is to get my hair to be as symmetrical as possible. I cut my dreadlocks off back in 2003 and I am still dealing with damage because I keep doing things to my hair like highlighting that eventually leads me to having to cut it. This past year I cut almost 5 inches off in August.

I am now at bsl. I could have been at waist length but I didn't want alot of damaged hair so I preferred to cut it.

Another goal is to encourage my curl to come out alot more. I want it to curl at the ends and spring more.

The length I would like is waist as I think it would accentuate my physique and general appearance.

Nevermore
November 28th, 2009, 12:56 AM
My goals are in my sig. I'm aiming for floor length or longer. Once I get there, I might cut back up to ankle, but I'll never have it shorter than knee again barring major disaster (chemo).

LittleOrca
November 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Even though I said my goal was the floor (and it still is!) I have mini-goals like Classic, Fingertip, Knee, etc to help me see my progress and feel like I am accomplishing something versus just pouting I am not at floor yet. :D

hazelnut
November 28th, 2009, 02:06 AM
When I first found this site my hair goal was tailbone length. But now, I think that I'll be equally happy with waist length, happy spirals. :)

melikai
November 28th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I thought I responded to this one already, but didn't so...

When I first joined my goal length was mid-back. Then it changed to waist, and now it's hip - but we'll see once I get closer. :)
I also want to have all the highlighted bits grown out and gone.

I'm about 6-8 months away from my goal length, if my growing continues at the same rate. Then I'll probably have to trim for another 8-12 months to fully have all-natural coloured hair.

Eesh...that sounds so far away.

Silver
November 28th, 2009, 02:57 AM
tailbone or classic length, not sure yet.

Clarisse
November 28th, 2009, 04:14 AM
My first goal is waist. It will probably take about 2 years from now. My hair grows really slowly (about 1 cm a month, sometimes less) and I am just past the bottom of my shoulderblades. When I have reached waist, I will maintain there for another 2 years, to grow out my shorter layers and damaged parts. I cut off 1 cm every 3rd month - this makes me gain 8 cm of healthy length a year. :)

2peasinapod
November 28th, 2009, 04:21 AM
My goal is BSL without my waves being stretched. It's at chin in front and about collar in back now.

Hiriel
November 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
When I first joined it was waist. Then I realised that waist is much higher up than I thought (I'm skinny, I never had that much of a waist), and changed it to hip. The goal in inches in my info is somewhere between hip and tailbone on me. Now I've been corrupted by you guys (;)) and am thinking classic ;)

Yozhik
November 28th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I'll settle for a more immediate mini-goal: BSL, then we'll see what happens after that :)
Also, another goal is to learn a plethora of new ways to wear my hair, which LHC has already helped me immensely on!

rogue_psyche
November 29th, 2009, 02:23 AM
100% virgin+henna hair somewhere between waist and classic. How long that is depends on whether or not I can wear my hair down on a daily-ish basis. Of course my hair is up when I work, when I exercise, when it is windy, when I sleep, etc. but if it is a nice, sunny day off and I have nothing important to do, I'd like to be able to have my hair down worryfree.

InTheCity
November 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
26", which I thought would be BSL, though it's looking more like 25 will get me there. That was my original goal.

Of course LHC got to me and now I plan on getting to 26" then doing regular trims of 1/2 or 1/3 my growth to ultimately get to 28"+ and as thick a hemline as I can get!

lillithnight
November 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm going for waist length first, then i would like to go for classic.

LKayL
November 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I started at neck length, and I'm now at shoulder length. My goal is waist length, all the same length and blunt cut at the bottom. When it's that length I'll wear it wavy or slightly curly.
All this will take years though :-(

FB
November 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Shooting for tailbone length!!!!

chrissy-b
November 29th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'd like to get to at least hip, see how it looks. If it looks good, I'll probably go for tailbone, maybe classic (just to see if it'll grow that far).

CestMadeleine
November 29th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Technically, my goal is waist right now. In reality however, I'm going to grow until it stops looking/feeling good. Which might just be where it is right now or perhaps just BSL and who knows maybe that might even be terminal. Time will tell. All I know is that as soon as I cannot keep it healthy and thick any longer it will be cut down to ASL or chin.

CestMadeleine
November 29th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Technically, my goal is waist right now. In reality however, I'm going to grow until it stops looking/feeling good. Which might just be where it is right now or perhaps just BSL and who knows maybe that might even be terminal. Time will tell. All I know is that as soon as I cannot keep it healthy and thick any longer it will be cut down to ASL or chin.

TheEndlessOcean
November 29th, 2009, 10:54 PM
1 - To perfect my routine so I'm happy with how my hair looks as often as possible

2 - To grow out all the breakage from being rough on my hair for the past few years

3 - I want to grow my hair down to my elbows (dry and curly) at least once in my life. At that point I'll probably cut it back to about where it is now, I don't think I really want super-long hair. (I know elbows isn't exactly super-long, but when you're 6'7" and 2c/3a, it's definitely getting there :p)

adiapalic
November 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Currently listing 45"... but I'm really thinking about fingertips :)

... maybe knee one day?

Keildra
November 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
to have done on all the hair styles I have in my blog list of styles and to not need to add anymore to my list

OrchidRain
December 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM
1-To have shiny healthy hair. Every time I see someone with that gorgeous shine (short or long hair) I am just mesmerized. So far I love learning what I can about gentler hair care and putting it to use.
2- Classic length. I think classic is so beautiful. If my hair gets straggly at the ends I'll trim it to the length it looks the best, but I want it as long as I can get it.
3- Terminal. IF I have the patience. For now, I'm just past waist and am loving it after years of never making it to waist before I'd get bored and chop it off/dye it.

NoRush
December 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
My goal at present is to get to-healthy and thick hemline- waist/hip length, although I'm not sure my hair will get past waist, time will tell I guess... ;)

Nebulae
December 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
First of all I want to grow out all the damage and layers to thicken up my hair. My goal length for now is waist. Will see if my goal changes as I grow... :D Also would be nice to find the perfect routine!

dancingrain91
December 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Healthy WL. After that I'll consider hip...etc.

rock007junkie
December 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mine has changed since I joined TLHC. Right now my goal is hip length natural hair...it'll take some years to achieve it.

CaranDulin
December 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
My goal is to be at my terminal length with healthy, fairy-tale ends. :o

blaketob
December 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
My goal is to get to hip/tailbone length! :) I might go longer if I like it or I might cut it shorter if I don't like it. My hair hasn't been waist length since I was in 8 years old so I don't know how long my hair can grow or even what I look like with long hair.

nakima
December 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
my hair goal for 2013 is hips right now Im at 30 inches (waist)and I believe hip is at about 34inches, so keeping my fingers crossed

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
To start growing my way to mbl. I'm 3 inches away from it unless I've miss measured I'm going to make it.

faery_braids
December 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Tailbone! Though I'd probably try growing past there, at least to classic, maybe knee, just to see if I'd like it.

CousinItt
December 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I haven't decided if I want to do waist or classic as my end-all goal. I suppose it depends how long I can get it. My plan right now is to grow to waist and maintain for a little while, to let the layers catch up, then I will grow it until it ,doesn't grow anymore, or until it annoys me.

Happytresses
December 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I would love waist. All even. That would be a great accomplishment for me. This year, BSL.

Ambystoma
December 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
My goal is solid classic with a thick U shaped hem while wavy/with soft rag curls so I'm not sure how much longer that will be than classic wet/straight which is 41" on me. I'm hoping 46" will be enough! If I can't make it that far and still have nice ends, then I'll take the longest that still looks good :lol:

arjay.d
December 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
My goal is healthy classic length for now. If I like it, I'll probably let it keep growing as much as it wants... at least until it annoys me.

biogirl87
December 18th, 2012, 10:10 PM
1. To get my hair to the volume it had when I was in my teens (it had so much volume that it made styling difficult and was unmanageable at times)
2. Try to get to BSL, then we'll see
3. Try to grow out my layers

MissAlyssa
December 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Mine is virgin with long layers and v-shaped hem, somewhere between hip and tailbone. I havent exactly decided on the length yet, we'll see once I get there :)

Sillage
December 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Waist with a thick hem line. Probably impossible for me but I'll try!

Sharysa
December 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Waist-length when wavy, so it would be a couple inches past waist when it's straight.

Coolcombination
December 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I want mine waist length, layered with no taper/thin ends and completely virgin colour.

Hwyfar
December 19th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'm starting to wonder if my goal length is always "10cm more" :D My hair is really close to waist now, but it doesn't feel really long yet. I'm not certain what my exact goal is, but I do know I haven't reached it yet.

geeorgie
December 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
At the moment - APL one length hair with a thick hemline (excluding bangs)...Maybe BSL after that if I can make it!

HadessThera
December 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mid-back first, with no layers and a slight u-shaped hemline then waist and who knows maybe longer :)

~honeyflower~
December 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
My goals are: classic length, thick hemline,healthy,soft,lot of hairstyles, look like a princess, low maintance, and shimmers like silk without expensive products.

Majala
December 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Bsl, but only if it's healthy with thick hemline.

ReghanC
December 19th, 2012, 03:26 PM
My current goal isn't length. I just want the dye in my hair to grow out so it can return to its original color. I also want my bangs and layers to grow out to the same length. Once that's done, I'll be on my way to waist length :D

MrsGuther
December 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mine, currently, is BSL, layered, and super healthy.

Yours? :)

My hair is currently TBL plus 1 inch. My intermediate goal is classic length, and my ultimate hair length goal is knee length with a straight across, thick hemline.

Sylvestrix
December 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
At the moment, I'm aiming for BCL, which I should reach in a few years all going well =] But my ultimate goal (well, so far!) is BCL, Virgin, SO hair. So far, I'm doing well on the SO, and only have a maximum of ten inches to get to BCL. But as for virgin, well, I have almost my entire length (minus 2.5 inches of roots) to grow out, so to get to virgin I think I shall be maintaining after reaching my mini-goal for a very, very long time! =]

see_turtle
December 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Classic! With a thick hemline! I could not do many buns at waist besides variations of cinnabuns and the one I did the most which I'm not sure of the name of but I twisted the length onto itself and ficcared it to my head...I'm hoping with more length my options will expand. Not really sure if it's me or my hair that was causing the issues. Plus with classic I'll look like a princess and will have a hip-ish length braid!

einna
December 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Waist, layer free (exept fringe and face framing layers), virgin hair. Currently I am at almost BSL, just got rid of my last layers and about one inch of dye left in my canopy. Making progress :D
Har goals might change though, they have before ;)

ETA: and off course super healthy all LHC grown hair! ;)

NataschaB.
December 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I want my hair to be MBL or WL without layers.

vanillabones
December 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM
My goal right now is to get to BSL any time in 2013. My overall goal... grow to BCL or TBL if I can.

MaryMarx
December 20th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Waist length, virgin hair. Oooh, I can't wait..! Currently at SL. :(

ScarlettAdelle
December 20th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Goal 1: Stop using colour and chemicals - Complete
Goal 2: Reach Tailbone - Complete
Goal 3: Maintain at Tailbone until completely virgin - Initiated - In progress - ETA: Dec 2013 (This may happen sooner than expected, which will pull all other dates forward accordingly)
Goal 4: Reach Classic - To be Initiated - ETA: June 2014
Goal 5: Maintain at Classic for at least 6 months to insure best possible thickness - To be Initiated - ETA: Dec 2014
Goal 6: Reach Fingertip with hair virgin, healthy and thick at ends - To be Initiated - ETA: Aug - Dec 2015
Goal 7: Determine if I want to maintain there (supposing my hair can even get to fingertip) and then decide if I want to go longer - To be Initiated - ETA: Dec 2015

TL; DR- It's probably going to take me about 3 years to get to my goal

UpNorth
December 20th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Classic and virgin!

TheHowlingWolf
December 20th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Hmm I said before that my UGL is classic, but now I'm thinking mid thigh? Idk Classic is still my UGL for now and if I can get there and I like it, maybe I'll try for mid thigh. But when I buy products for my hair, I want them to make my hair shiny, soft, and healthy. I have extremely frizzy hair (I'm cone free) so one of my goals is to hopefully get rid of that frizz. The shorter my hair, the curlier it is. So frizz/fly aways are very noticeable. I don't know if it's just new growth or if it's breakage :( But anyways, my goal is to just let it grow to classic, get it healthy and strong and really soft and shiny lol. And hopefully get rid of the frizz!!!

TheHowlingWolf
December 20th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Also, I'm thinking about trying to have all my hair virgin. I used to dye it black, but it's natural color is brown (darker brown in winter, redder medium brown in summer) & I don't like it but I haven't dyed it in a while so we'll see.

melusine963
December 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
My goal is TBL with blunt ends and very little taper. I'm only about an inch away from TBL, but it'll take me at least another two or three years to get rid of my current taper and thicken up my ends enough. *Sigh* I'm paying for all my pre-LHC mistreatment of my hair.

CurlyCurves
December 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hip length curly. Healthy, possibly with layers.

KwaveT
December 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
I am aiming for about mid back length all the way around my head with it being dry and having curls. I am currently at 21 inches and waist is 36 inches. I guess that would be low 30s as my goal.

hairconvictions
December 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I would love to see it knee length. I am currently at waist, and I have no idea how long it will go. I will be happy if it goes even longer, but when I daydream, it's always past my behind!

MORE
December 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
My goal just changed. :smile: Now I want knee length virgin hair with fairytale ends and no layers.

I am just pass waist (81 cm) so I have a long way to go, but I love to have a motivation.

meteor
December 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
1. Uniform strength of hair (no breakage or split ends) and no taper;
2. Retaining or promoting thickness;
3. No frizz and flyaways;
4. Tailbone or longer;
5. Easy detangling;
6. Bouncy, shiny hair;
7. Simple routine, no reliance on additional products, like leave-ins.

Rosalaun
December 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
1. No trims this year (again) - should be halfway between BSL and waist in 12 months hopefully!
2. Reach Waist
3. Maintain at waist to grow out layers and fringe - all same length

If all that goes to plann...
4. Grow on to classic!
5. Maintain and grow out all dye and henna (this may happen at waist, got a blunt fringe that's 100% henna-free, so if I wait for that to grow out properly...)

So basically going to get the length to waist, pause for a bit and then go down to classic haha I'm wanting to focus on length first and see how the condition goes, but waist and classic will be my pausing to re-asess priorities stages - if I'm getting a mass of split ends and generally poor condition then I'll wait longer at waist :) And maybe perhaps one day, I hope to go to ankle/terminal <3

trolleypup
December 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I'd just say "More!", but that isn't enough characters.

I'd like for what is happening now to keep happening! Gaining length and taper not getting worse.

HintOfMint
December 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
I... don't think I have any anymore! Occasionally, I'll think about classic, but nowadays it's looking less and less like a goal. I'm happy with my hair at tailbone length, it feels like the perfect length for me. I like how it drapes both in the back and over my shoulders in the front. I'm pretty happy with my hair's condition and I'm happy with my shampoo, conditioner and leave-in. I'm even happy with my bangs!

Honestly, I think I'm done having aspirations with my hair. I think I'll just enjoy it now.

maborosi
December 22nd, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'd like to hit 27" next December- that's my big goal right now, and to try to have to do less trims.

My ultimate hair goal is probably around 35-36", copper red, and shiny enough to blind somebody. :D

~maborosi~

sunnydee92
December 22nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
I thought my goal was waist, but I may have changed it to at least tailbone :) The more time I spend here, the more inspired I get to have longer, beautiful hair! Hopefully It'll get long soon...I can almost swear henna is making it grow faster!

Achlys
December 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
1. First tailbone and then classic, if I can. Tailbone is 10 inches away atm.
2. Healthy ends and a blunt hemline.
3. Regrow an even front hairline and have less shedding.
4. Overall stronger hair (I have fine and thin hair).
5. Find a routine that suits my hair.

I will also see if there's anything that helps me with growth.

silkreel
December 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Tailbone, straight, thick hemline with very slight rounded edges.

turtlelover
December 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
BSL with very light layering at the ends and a bit more layering around the bangs and face.