PDA

View Full Version : Hi All! Hair type 1a/F/i trying to go long!

tennies
April 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Hi All!

I love this site, what wonderful information! My hair is about collar length, the longest it has been in over 5 years or so! I am looking to grow past my shoulders, my hair has NEVER gone past my shoulders.
I am learning so much, I see I have never really cared for my hair properly before. With care perhaps now this thin hatch will grow natch!

chrissy-b
April 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Welcome!

You've come to the right place. Lots of good information, advice and support here.

Blueglass
April 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Really tennis? You've never had long hair. I used to be exactly your type, but now I've got some coarse curly greys, really don't like, as they make frizz. Our type is great for long hair. It likes to hang, and drys easily, you can get lots of shine. With no curl or wave you can reach goals quickly. Prior the the greys, I always found my 1a F i or ii ,properly i, very easily care. Just be sure to wash often with rinsable products, and use conditioner. I used to like neutrogena. Our type is always best really clean and well rinsed. Even in updos, and braids, I find clean is best.

Urchin
April 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome!

With careful care, you'll find that long hair is easier than you think. If you protect it, you may see an increase in your overal volume of hair. As was already said, you'll reach milestones quickly with 1a. It's almost like cheating, hehe.

Best of luck to you, my fellow straight-and-finey. I and many others will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Euphony
April 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
<SQUEEEE> I'm so happy to see someone new join with your hair type! I adore the beauty your hair type has at longer lengths. My SIL has hair just like yours, it'd be beautiful long, but she doesn't think it'll grow, I keep telling her it can - but she's convinced :sad I think she just prefers it short, and her short cuts look super cute on her.

tennies
April 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Thank you all. Yes, my hair has never really been past shoulder. My mother had 5 girls, no time for hair care, we all had bowl cuts. In high school I started to grow it out, then the Kelly McGillis phase came and I got a perm. Grew that out with many trims by college, was shoulder length. Along came short hairs styles, and mine got shorter and shorter, I got bored easily. After college came work, in a restaurant, hot and greasy so short hair was great. I loved short hair, the ease of care, and even had a crew cut for awhile. After years of variations on that theme, I am growing it out.

I also really like to go natural, with as few chemicals as possible. Shampoo bars from CV, if they work well on the long term for my hair, appeal to me.

tennies
April 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I've got some coarse curly greys, really don't like, as they make frizz.

Yes, I have the frizzy grays too. I am brunette, and have done two full head hennas so far to cover gray. I was told that the wiry frizzy grays would eventually straighten out with henna.