PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 bun?

MandaMom2Three
June 24th, 2009, 08:32 PM
:justy: I don't know if I'm just too tired or if I'm blind or what but no searching of the forum or articles is finding me the instructions on how to do a figure 8 bun :rolleyes: could someone please either show me how to do it or else point me in the right direction, I'm a little hopless here :shrug:

Sarah4983
June 24th, 2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5_FULSoFw

Sarah4983
June 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM
wow I watched it again, that's really neat. I wonder ifmy hair is long enough for that to work....

GlassEyes
June 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
From my understanding, being able to do a Figure 8/Infinity bun depends more on thickness than on lenght. If you have thick hair, even hair at BSL may not cut it, but those with thinner hair can do it earlier.

You can always try it witha half-up for practice on shorter hair.

Natalia
June 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Its just an infinity bun turned on its side. It took me a good 2 months to figure that out lol i felt silly :p. You can follow the infinity instructions and just turn it at the end or you can do it as you go by twist it up instead of sideways if that makes sense

MandaMom2Three
June 25th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Thanks all :D ( I have thin fine hair, so it will be more like a figure 0.8 bun :rollin:

Gothic Lolita
June 25th, 2009, 05:53 AM
:D I'm now at tailbone and stil lhave layers and just now I can do it. With shorter hair it looked strange and just not like an 8, more like crumpled sausage. But with finer hair you should be able to do and outsticking strands can be put away with amish pins or tiny claw clips.

enfys
June 25th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I wish I could get the infinity bun to look even; at least a figure 8 can get away with a bit of unbalance. Damn layers.

lora410
June 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
My hair still won't go into a figure 8 either :shrug:

ETA: OK, I feel like an idiot. I was doing it wrong. I was doing a cinnabun and then try to flip it :rolleyes:

heidihug
June 25th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I was doing a cinnabun and then try to flip it

That's how I do it. Oh, but I see what you mean, now, I think. I don't flip the whole bun, just the topmost, and largest, loop.

demitasse
June 25th, 2009, 07:40 AM
My hair just hit BSL and I've been wearing the Figure 8 a lot lately. Even with some collarbone length layers. I think the coarseness of my hair makes some of these buns "stick" better.

swirlytresses
June 25th, 2009, 07:54 AM
My hair still won't go into a figure 8 either :shrug:

ETA: OK, I feel like an idiot. I was doing it wrong. I was doing a cinnabun and then try to flip it :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I was doing too....duh..me. I was doing it all wrong. I tried it again last night and it worked!! LOL. :)

eresh
June 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM
This is the bun that frustrates me most :rolleyes:

ElenTikvah
June 25th, 2009, 08:46 AM
This is the bun that frustrates me most :rolleyes:

Me too, but what is weird, is that an infinity bun is so much easier for me to form and pin up...

~Tik

Torrin Paige
June 25th, 2009, 08:47 AM
When my hair was shorter, I did mine just as Joiful does hers. When my hair reached about waist, it started to pull something awful and I thought I was going to lose that hairstyle. However, I figured a way around it. Instead of starting it low and pulling the loop up, I now start high and pull my loop down. Ta-da! It no longer hurts. Just something to keep in mind as you reach longer lengths. :)

As a side note, what is generally referred to as a Bee Butt bun around these parts isn't what I thought it was. ;) I've always called it an Olive Oyle bun. LOL. I learn something new every day.

Kanntara
June 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I do the same thing as Torrin and it's my standard daily bun. Flipping it down instead of up just seems to wear sooooo much better on my scalp !

Nyghtingale
June 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Well, I kinda did it. Not really a figure 8. Looks like a brain, gonna go try Torrin's way

Nyghtingale
June 25th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah! I did it. It is comfortable too. I have a new style for tomorrow. Thanks!

dorothea-brooke
June 25th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Not really a figure 8. Looks like a brain....

:laugh:

:brainbleach:

:brains:

Nyghtingale
June 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM
AAHHHHH Zombies! :run: