PDA

View Full Version : My 4 year LHC hairversary

birdiefu
June 24th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I don't post much anymore, though I still go through spurts of lurking and thinking about posting. ;) However, I would love to share my progress pics after joining LHC 4 years ago (gosh, it doesn't seem that long!). I have finally gotten to the point where my hair actually feels long to me. Most of the time. :p

Okay, since I still don't really get the hang of the new boards, I will just post the photobucket links.

When I first joined, my hair was a BSL at 24" (though I had been growing from a very short bob at 14" before LHC and don't really have pics of that).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/birdiefu/hair/HerbWash.jpg

At a year of LHC, I am somewhat past waist, with a little bit of trimming during that time. I think this is 30".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/birdiefu/hair/1year1.jpg

At 2 years, I made it to hip with a bunch of trimming. I think I was at 34". This pic was couple months before that hairversary, but about that length.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/birdiefu/hair2/hip1.jpg

At 3 years, I did a big trim. Made it to a nice solid tailbone, but wasn't all that happy with my hemline. Cut off 2" right around my hairversary, leaving me at 36" and shy of TB again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/birdiefu/hair2/AfterGM1.jpg

I think I was a tad traumatized by the cut last year and sad about the small amount of total growth the last two years. I also had a *massive* shed last year for 9 months (another reason I avoided LHC, it made me stressed out about my hair) where I went from a solid 3" pony circ to less than 2.5". I lost even more thickness at the ends, and it really upset me. This happened *after* my post-partum shed had stopped so I really had lost a ton of hair that year. I didn't want to lose much length too, so I really only trimmed *maybe* 1/2" off the whole year.

However, it makes me quite happy to see that I have finally reached classic after these years, and the magic number of 42" in length! :cheese: I am not thrilled with how the ends look, I have always wanted more of a blunt hemline, but honestly I don't think my hair can get very long without getting quite a taper. This pic makes it look not too bad, although I still do not really wear it down in public since I am still trying to deal with having thinner hair. Oh, and I am wearing the same shorts as the previous year for comparison.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/birdiefu/hair2/Jun09Clsc.jpg

I may just keep trimming at this length, as I think 42" would be a nice place to stay. :p Thank you LHC for being here even if I don't post much anymore, and I hope that these pics can be an inspiration to some of the newer members. I know when I started classic seemed *ages* away, if not impossible.

Morticia
June 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Good to see you post!!!

Your classic length hair is gorgeous. I've been debating for awhile whether to keep growing to classic, so it was great to see your progress pictures. (I actually remember each of your previous progress pictures. :))

Addy
June 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I love that last pic of yours! I have to say, it is just gorgeous and now I'm getting jealous! Your hair is beautiful! :eyebrows:

GlassEyes
June 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks great!

patience
June 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Happy Anniversary! You have such pretty hair. I love the pic in your signature, too.

keight425
June 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Those pics are great! I love the color of your hair! Congrats!:)

AnnaMarie
June 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Very inspiring :blossom:

Cereus
June 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Wow! The last picture at classic is definitely inspiring.

birdiefu
June 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you guys! :flower: My hair still doesn't feel as long at it looks, though. I keep looking at that last pic and having to do a mental doubletake to realize it's me! Probably since the last pic I took of it was a year ago, and my mental picture of it didn't change even though my hair did.

Still debating if I want to go to my ultimate goal of knees. I think I will see if I can thicken the ends up some, though. I hope I can get at least most of my old thickness back, but I'm not holding my breath (doesn't help that I'm not getting any younger!). I will try to accept and love my hair as it is, even if it won't get thicker.

Newniepg
June 25th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Definitely, definitely inspiring! What beautiful hair. Mine is much frizzier than yours <envy> but if I squint a bit the colour is very similar so I can sort of pretend that my hair will be that gorgeous when it is your length.

coolbreeze212
June 25th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Wow....that is inspiring....and what lovely hair!

Garnet66
June 25th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Happy 4th anniversary. Your hair is very pretty. Definatley inspiring for me.

DarkChocolate
June 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
You have made great progress:)
I love your color too and your hair grows so fast:)

KarenLynn
June 25th, 2009, 10:29 AM
birdiefu!!! Hi! :joy: It's great to see you post. :D Your hair looks really good at classic! :thumbsup:

smerrie
June 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know how welcomed this reply will be, but I LOVE the way your hair looked at BSL - so pretty and full!! That is my favorite.

Fencai
June 25th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Congrats! All your hard work has paid off!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Kiraela
June 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
You've definately got some gorgeous hair, birdiefu!

Beatnik Guy
June 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Awesome to see you here! :D
:thud: about your hair.

birdiefu
June 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys, you all are so sweet! :) And Beatnik Guy, to get a thud from you (as one of my first hair idols) sure does make my day. :D

dorothea-brooke
June 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Happy anniversary! Your growth is indeed inspiring -- thanks for the pics! :flower:

PurpleAshes
June 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I seriously think it's beautiful and doesn't look that thin.

NickalNack
June 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Oh... THAT'S classic? O_O Wow, I'm really ignorant. lol I thought classic was KNEE length. Hahaha, wow.

It's beautiful though. I love it.

psvzum
June 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Beautiful hair! Thank you for sharing your photo's. I love seeing the progress other's have made : )

redneckprincess
June 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
great pictures...love the tattoos...fantastic growth

janeytilllie
June 26th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Your hair is very beautiful ! :thud:

Charlotte
June 26th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Very inspiring! My original goal was to grow to tailbone but now I want classic!!! :D By the way, I think your hair is gorgeous and don't think it looks too thin at all. :)

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
That is some gorgeous growth! You have come a long way in 4 years, and it's something to be proud of. There's definitely a positive message in your post, for those who are becoming discouraged about reaching their goals, and we all really appreciate the time you took to explain your road to long hair, and I love looking at the progress photos! I can personally agree that 42" is a great place to be! ;) LOL.

You should seriously post more often. There are so many other people I see post here nowadays who are going through their own shedding and thinning troubles. I know that not being completely happy with your hair might make it difficult to see all the photos and posts of/from those who have thick, super-long hair, but your story of being able to grow out to classic in the midst of a major shed might be encouraging to someone else. Just a thought.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy you've made it to your goal. :flower: Please come and de-lurk more often. Happy anniversary!!!

Aditi
June 27th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your hair is gorgeous and i love your signature pic.

darkwaves
June 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Welcome back -- please post more! And your growth is amazing, especially considering you've had several trims. I think classic looks good on you.

Juliet's Silk
June 27th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Ohhh birdiefu is posting! :smooch: Congratulations!
Your hair looks gorgeous. :inlove:

Shermie Girl
June 27th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Welcome back, Birdiefu. It's nice to see you post again. :D Your hair is looking mahvahlous. Simply mahvahlous. Yes, it is. :D

Dvips
June 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
birdiefu! So good to see you!

Congrats on your goal!!

drquartz1970
June 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Thankyou for sharing with the rest of us your 4 year progress summary. It was inspiring and I think you have achieved great progress in that time. I believe that it is normal to shed heaps of hair when pregnant - it's nothing unusual. Just a price you have to pay for having kids I guess.

birdiefu
June 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thank you all again, and glad to be back! :D