PDA

View Full Version : I've been MIA for too long!

ColoradoDreamer
June 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I don't remember for certain when I posted last . . . probably around the first of the year when I'd gotten a cut to get rid of all the layers I had.

Well, I unfortunately had a lapse of good sense and used commercial color over henna back in January and I fried my ends. :( I thought that the cut had gotten rid of all the damage, and I guess it did get rid of it all at the time, but as time went on, the damage just crept upward. Truly, my ends felt like straw!

I had decided about mid-March that I just wanted my virgin hair back, but I didn't want to have to deal with the damaged ends just to keep some length while my regrowth came in. Around the first of April, I went in and got as much of the color cut off as possible. I have a pixie again. I need to go back in for another cut to get rid of the last bit of color, and then I will go back to letting it grow.

I've kind of felt that I shouldn't be here since I wasn't really a "long-hair" anymore. Well, I am at heart, just not in reality.

BUT I'VE BEEN MISSING YOU GUYS!!!

If you can put up with me while I start over, I'd be glad to join you again.

hairbrain
June 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
welcome back !
Im back after a small chop myself...
dont ever feel like if your hair isnt "long" you dont belong.
this is a hair community where we all pitch in with
ideas and recipes of growing healthy hair! Your pixie must be adorable!!

this place is ADDICTING ! cant keep away from all these
wonderful people and hairtoys!:p

neema
June 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Welcome from a fellow pixie. Keep me posted. I've fried my hair so many times. It must be healthy now. That's a good start.

Nyghtingale
June 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Welcome Back!

Jessikinz
June 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Welcome back :)

coolbreeze212
June 25th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hello there.....welcome back!

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome back! Sounds like you've figured out what DOESN'T work, now come on back over to the light side. ;)

ColoradoDreamer
June 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks, y'all!

My natural color is medium brunette that is turning silver. I have a lot of silver in the front and around the temples. I just want my hair all natural and untouched by chemicals. No more dyeing; no more perms (I gave those up when I got one and the stylist styled me with "mall bangs." bleh.); no more harsh stuff. Period.

I want to let my hair grow and turn completely silver. My goal is to be able to (one day) ride up somewhere on my (future) Harley and whip off my helmet and let loose a beautiful cascade of silver hair that goes down past my butt!

Hairth&Home
June 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome back, Colorado! :)
I've just returned to TLHC after a long time away as well. I made a huge hair mistake 15 mos. ago and seeing my "before" hair pic in my sig made me just want to cry. I had to stay away for a while but now I'm happy to be back. The community here is so warm and affirming. With their support we should have our long healthy hair again in no time! :)

OhioLisa
June 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to say welcome back! :)

Dvips
June 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Welcome back!

I'm glad you realized that you still belong here. ;)

I'm here even though I cut my hair from classic to chin last summer, and have been maintaining between chin and shoulder since then. Someday I'll grow it back out.

Cheers!

brok3nwings
June 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM
welcome back, im so sorry that this happened to you

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
welcome back :flowers: