PDA

View Full Version : I just had to say

redneckprincess
June 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I love looking at everyones progress pictures. Its just so inspiring and exactly what I need to keep me going when it feels like my hair is just not budging, I know it is and im not planning to even wear my striped shirt till my next update photo, so I can be suprised right along with you, as tempting as it is to check after only 3 weeks I can wait 6 more, when I look at the new pictures posted every day I cant wait to click on and see updates from everyone.. Thanks everyone for sharing and having this same crazy obsession as I do...:cheese:

simply_me
June 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I agree with you 100%. I find such inspiration looking at progress pictures.

I just keep plugging along, trying not to become toooooo obsessive about my hair; just taking the best care of it I can, being gentle with it, etc.

I'm hoping one day I look in the mirror and say, "Wow! When did my hair get so long???" LOL

DragonLady
June 24th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I check out the albums for inspiration everyday. Compared to some, my hair is long. But for me, my goal is still so very, very far away.

redneckprincess
June 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I try not to get too obsessive and with the summer, the kids, & the heat its only that much easier to oil it and put it in a pony and forget all about it...untill I log in to here, lol

jivete
June 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I love progress pictures too. It's so fun to see the changes.

zen_oven
June 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I like seeing progress photos too. My hair's reaching BSL, and by my estimation I should be at waist around 9-12 months from now. It helps to look at photos of waist or longer hair, because I can imagine being there myself.

I love that you use your striped shirt to measure growth! I think there are one or two other folks that do it. Seems like it would be a pretty effective way to measure, especially since I'm lazy and don't like to bother with measuring with a tape measure--I'd rather go by body landmarks.

kdaniels8811
June 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I am so impatient so I am with you, redneckprincess. I just had to quit measuring, even monthly was too soon. I know I will reach my next goal - waist - somewhere between Christmas and next summer so I am trying to just ignore my hair and growth for the time being but it is hard!! Just wondering, did you ever try the SMT?

redneckprincess
June 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
No I havent tried it just yet but that will deffinetly be my next hair treatment and since its a new one I will blog it!!!

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Good idea to wear the striped top! I used to measure every month, but then that became SO depressing for me; like watching water, waiting for it to boil. So I gave up and just started doing measurements every 6 months or so. I don't know the last time I got out the tape-measure...it's been well over a year. I'm happier without that dang tapemeasure, I can tell ya that much!

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
SMT + scalp massages helped my hair grow a lot more quickly :inlove:

redneckprincess
June 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM
(from michigan too) I do think the scalp massage help, I have a couple other treatments i use with my massages but im willing to give SMT a try...

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Progress photos are definitely inspiring to me too...plus I just love to look at hair, lol. :o

Charlotte
June 26th, 2009, 08:42 PM
At the moment, I'm looking at my hair EVERY DAY hoping to see growth, ha ha I love looking at the other hair growth pictures too - so inspiring. :)

Dementia1013
June 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
One of my favorite things to do is come on here and look at all the lovely hair. :D

MuzicalH3rb
June 27th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Progress pictures are rad. They, totally, motivate me too and definitely pick me up when I'm down in the dumps about my hair. Sometimes it just sucks how short it is, then I look at everyones before and after and realize it will grow! I just wish it would grow faster.

Aditi
June 27th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I love to see progress pictures of the members as i love to see healthy, shiny hair and also i love to share the excitment they feel when they reach their goal length or are colser to it :).

Natalia
June 27th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I agree i love to see not only length pictures but accomplished hairstyles and the progression from broken and damages to healthy and naturally shiny :). I need all the inspiration i can get these days. I litterally dont have much else to do but watch my hair grow and thats sloooow lol

Debra83
June 27th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Progress pictures are rad. They, totally, motivate me too and definitely pick me up when I'm down in the dumps about my hair. Sometimes it just sucks how short it is, then I look at everyones before and after and realize it will grow! I just wish it would grow faster.

That's how I feel too.

Jules diamond
June 27th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I love seeing them too. They really keep me going!