PDA

View Full Version : How to Type Hair of Every Weight

Armelle
June 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
This is actually a question I've had since seeing the hair typing system online the first time. I doubt I'm the only one with every variety on his/her head. I have strands of hair that are so thin they are nearly without color and have no 'feel' to them at all. I have strands of hair that are kinky black and are so coarse I can actually see the diameter of the strand and they feel like braided metal cable in my hand. Of course I have everything in between. What would you type this as? I couldn't say really that I have more of any sort than another...the composition of my hair is rather wild.

Samikha
June 24th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I'd just go with M since you can't really choose. But the system does perhaps need a spot for F/M/C.

Armelle
June 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Or at least 'all'. :)

AmyJorgensen
June 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I have noticed this too. I have thin blone hairs, medium red and brown hairs, and once in a while I get a single super thick and bumpy feeling dark hair. It is as thick as 2-3 normal hairs.

LadyGunn
June 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I'm the same way. I just put M as my type, since that's what the majority are & it all evens out in the end, anyway. :)