PDA

View Full Version : 6 months isn't long but still I feel like my hair will never be long (with pictures)

goodluckcharm
June 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone!

This possibly is not post worthy, but I'm at almost exactly my 6 month LHC anniversary. I got a trim today to clean up a large number of split ends. I know not much was taken off but I can't help but feel sad for the half an inch or so that I lost. Sometimes I just feel like I'll never reach APL, let alone have long hair! I know that 6 months hasn't actually been very long for me to expect much growth to happen in, but I thought it would help me feel better if I posted a few photos to see how far I'd come in just a short amount of time.

Thanks for listening!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3654994279_5b042a0d9f.jpg
December 2008, pre-LHC. This is the best shot I've got of my hair from right before I joined.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3658/3654994561_7d5a021d52.jpg
May 2009, before today's trim, for comparison

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3651/3654994177_4e904275a7.jpg
Today, after my trim. Not much length was lost, about one months growth, yet still I mourn. Is this normal?

ps. Just realized how weird the title sounds. Sorry about that!

WelshLocks
June 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
That's good growth for 6 months!Look how shiny your hair is and how bouncy. :)

You'll be at your goals in no time at all.I love the color of your hair.

Good luck growing!

Natalia
June 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Thats fantasitic progress for 6 months! Congratulations :D!!! And yes i think its normal to be sad over any loss of length. I am looking at having to trim if i cant save my ends inthe next months or so and im already sad :(. Im just so anxious to get to waist so i feel like it might be long. Its probably many years before im at hip.

Cinnamon Hair
June 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
I see lots of growth and improvement in your hemline as well. That looks like good progress for six months!

Not trying to belittle your worries, but just remember that 6 months is almost nothing in hair growth time. 3 inches would be average growth if you never trimmed even once. With trims it is even less, of course.

It seems to me that as hair gets longer it slows down, so I would be ecstatic to gain 3" in six months. Just have patience, you will get to APL soon. :)

kad
June 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
i personally think your growth is fabulas! and your hair looks so healthy and full of life!
im also loving the pink dress in the first photo :)

demitasse
June 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Your hair definitely looks different in the second picture. It looks healthier, thicker, and fuller. You'll get there. :cheer:

camirra555
June 23rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
I think it looks like you're making progress. Trust me, I know it feels like you're barely growing, I feel the same way. I just try not to focus on the growing but on keeping my hair healthy. Today I measured my hair for the first time since I joined the site and I found that I grew 1.5 inches (including a trim) since March. I was so happy! I won't measure again til around September and that will probably be after another trim...

Keep up the good work!

kam984420
June 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Your hair looks really thick. You're making awesome progress. You'll be at waist within 18 months.:cheese:

redneckprincess
June 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
looks good, alot thicker and alot healthier too. AND I absoutly love the shirt ♥

HeatherJenae
June 23rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'm loving your post trim hair!!! It looks healthy and gorgeous. Trust me, you'll be at APL before you even know it. :)

goodluckcharm
June 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Thank you so much for all the encouragement!
I would be so ecstatic if my hair would be at waist in about 18 months! Fingers-crossed!
:cheese:

Nyghtingale
June 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Your growth is great. Your hair looks very healthy!

RoseRedDead
June 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
That's a good bit of growth for 6 months. I personally am a slow grower, so I should know.

Keep it up, and you'll be a longhair in no time.

cakedcake
June 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
I don't know if this helps, but I'm a pixie growing out, and I will be TOTALLY THRILLED! (YESYES) when I reach your current length.

Different perspective, I guess!

spidermom
June 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Way to grow; looking good! I know it seems slow while you're waiting for more length, but when you get to goal and look back, the time will seem to have passed pretty quickly.

Don't mourn the loss of 1/2"; you will have that back in a month or less. I once grew 1-1/4 inch in 3 weeks (very unusual for me).

Debra83
June 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
I don't know if it is natural for everyone, but I find I go through the same thing when I trim. But I figure it is better to microtrim than let the damage continue up the shaft and ruin months of patient growing.

zen_oven
June 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
That's lots of growth in six months, especially with a trim! You'll get there fast!

Debra83
June 23rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
weird posted twice!

wahmof9
June 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone!

This possibly is not post worthy, but I'm at almost exactly my 6 month LHC anniversary. I got a trim today to clean up a large number of split ends. I know not much was taken off but I can't help but feel sad for the half an inch or so that I lost. Sometimes I just feel like I'll never reach APL, let alone have long hair! I know that 6 months hasn't actually been very long for me to expect much growth to happen in, but I thought it would help me feel better if I posted a few photos to see how far I'd come in just a short amount of time.

Thanks for listening!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3654994279_5b042a0d9f.jpg
December 2008, pre-LHC. This is the best shot I've got of my hair from right before I joined.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3658/3654994561_7d5a021d52.jpg
May 2009, before today's trim, for comparison

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3651/3654994177_4e904275a7.jpg
Today, after my trim. Not much length was lost, about one months growth, yet still I mourn. Is this normal?

ps. Just realized how weird the title sounds. Sorry about that!

Well...I don't know if it is "normal" but I do!
I know it does not seem like a lot to you but to me it looks like good growth.
I so understand though because I am coming upon my 6 months as well and it looks like my hair is growing at turtle pace and I wonder....will it take years and years for me to be where I want to be or worse will I get there at all???

Your hair looks great!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

wahmof9
June 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
Way to grow; looking good! I know it seems slow while you're waiting for more length, but when you get to goal and look back, the time will seem to have passed pretty quickly.

Don't mourn the loss of 1/2"; you will have that back in a month or less. I once grew 1-1/4 inch in 3 weeks (very unusual for me).
I'd take that every month!

tarn
June 24th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I feel your pain!!!
Seems to be taking forever for me too!
I think that when it is on your own head your perspective is skewed, and all you notice is the loss. I mean, it may grow 1/2 and inch per month but you see it daily so you don't see that growth, but when you cut it and lose a 1/2 inch in a day it seems so much!
Sigh...

neema
June 24th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I would love to have my hair at your length. Looks like you can pony tail it. Pony tail length is my goal. I agree with demitasse, the earlier pictures show thick, healthy, beautiful hair. The peace shirt is quite awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Aditi
June 24th, 2009, 12:59 AM
You have got a splendid growth in just 6 months i can see your hair fuller and healthy in your last two pictures.

JamieLeigh
June 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
You'll get there!! As long as you keep taking good care of your ends, you shouldn't have to chop so much (unless you just specifically want a blunt hemline). You look like you have a great start already. It's so lovely and healthy looking! :flower: Just be patient and baby it! :)

ReddishRocks
June 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm going in for a trim tomorrow, and I'm nervous as... how does it go? A cat in a room full of rockin' chairs??? :D

I don't measure my hair, so hopefully I won't actually notice a loss in length... but I'll probably mourn a little too. ;) Your hair looks great! I agree with a previous poster that your hemline looks great!

drquartz1970
June 28th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Your hair definately is growing and looking much more thicker on the ends then it did before. It appears to grow within the normal rate of 6 inches a year which the majority of peoples hair grow at. My own mane grows at about the same rate as yours so your not alone. Yes regular photos are great comparisons for days when you just don't think your hair is growing at all! Wouldn't it be great if hair could grow as quickly as grass!

janeytilllie
June 28th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Your hair has made geat progress! It looks longer, thicker and bouncy! :D Thats wonderful progress for 6 months :)

Happy 6 month Anniversary! :flower:

brok3nwings
June 28th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Your hair looks wonderful and i think it is a pretty normal hair growth for 6 months!! I love the colour by the way! May i ask, were you in some kind of diet? Cause you look diferent since the first picture ( i see a lot of difference!looks like you lost a bit of weight) so if you were i think it can have something to do with hair growing..

rach
June 28th, 2009, 06:34 AM
i can see the growth. defiantly thickened up around your neck and hem line, looks good. even the wave is long enough it's pointing the other way. if it helps the same has happened to me. the bottom has thickened up more than the length but it will get get longer i promise.
patience and as the reast of the people here have said here it will grow in no time.

Lexibeth
June 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I Love the peace sign shirt and envy you your beautiful color :) I think it looks fabulous!

Barbie Diamond
September 22nd, 2009, 02:46 AM
I think your hair looks great for six months. I encourage you to keep it up. Keep taking pictures every few months to show yourself that it is growing.:pumpkin:

Chrissy
September 22nd, 2009, 04:59 AM
Your hair looks great!! Good growth too. Try not to stress over it. I like what Cinnamon hair said about 6 months is not that long in hair growth time. Growing long hair is definitely a process that takes lots of time and patience. You're doing great!!!!

Little_Bird
September 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
I think your hair has grown. You seem to have a wave pattern so that might make it look like it's much shorter than it actually is. When growing from the lenght you do, I think this visual effect is normal with your hair texture. But the growth is there, and it seems good for 6 months. Be patient, your hair will be waist lenght :flower:

JamiG
September 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Your hair looks so much thicker, healthier, and bouncier! And I love the color!

embee
September 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I think Little_Bird is right, that's a length that it's hard to see growth on... but the growth is there. You have a wave that may eat some of the length, a very pretty wave. Your hair looks soft and thick and lovely.

Be of good cheer! :)

sally_neuf
September 22nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I think it looks great! I really like the way your hemline is defined. Besides, it REALLY encourages me, because my hair is a bit shorter than yours on first pic, so, if my hair looks like this in six months I'll burst into tears!!!!

pilateschick7
September 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Your hair really looks great. I 3rd that the hemline is much thicker and your hair looks so healthy. Way to grow.:)

friskybiznus
September 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
You have lovely hair! Stay with it!

metalgypsy85
September 23rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Your hair looks awesome for 6 months! It's fuller and looks super healthy. It actually looked like it was thinning in the short picture.

I know, growth is slow! You'll get there.

LaFlor
September 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think you should be mourning the loss at all because you hair looks better for it!! That's what it's all about, a good looking head of hair! Your hair will continue to grow and grow healthier and prettier thanks to that little 1/2 inch sacrifice! I love the cut, it looks so much better.

long-hair-fan
November 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Your hair looks great, keep it up!

LittleOrca
November 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I felt the same way when I got to my first six month anniversary. I looked at my idols and was in a pouty "It will never be that long" mood. It grows, hang in there. :)

Katze
November 24th, 2009, 02:26 AM
WOW, your hair is looking really good. Thick and healthy, and you have lovely waves.

It is normal to be impatient especially when you see all the people here with long beautiful hair.

But many people start off much worse than you! if I had started with hair that looks as healthy as yours did, I would have incredibly thick long hair right now.

georgia_peach
November 24th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Yes, you HAVE grown! The first thing I noticed is that it appears the bottom half of your hair has really thickened up. I suspect your layers have sprouted and are quickly catching up with the rest of your hair. I don't know if that's how hair really grows or not, but it appears that way from the photos. (I can see a similar growth pattern in my pics, too.) Your overall length has grown, too. Great progress!:D