PDA

View Full Version : How many years...

maaria
June 23rd, 2009, 02:47 AM
How many years do you have to (wait) let your hair grow until it reach down to your waist?:)

Ashley
June 23rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
I think it depends on a couple of factors; speed of your hair growth, the length of your back and how prone it is to splitting which would result in more frequent (small) cuts.

I think it took me around 3 years from shoulder, which is on the long side. I think there are people on here who grew there way fast! :)

maaria
June 23rd, 2009, 03:24 AM
Ok, thanx for the information :)

Carolyn
June 23rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
I can't remember for sure but I think it took me 5 years from shoulder length layers to waist. I get average growth which is 1/2" per month but I'm long waisted and I trimmed quite a bit. If you are short waisted, your hair grows faster than average, and you aren't trimming off damage/layers then you would get there faster. It's a very individual thing.

Charlotte
June 23rd, 2009, 05:56 AM
So far it has taken me 5 years :rolleyes: but I have had semi frequent trims throughout that time. I have a short waist but a long neck, heh heh :D

Curlsgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 06:02 AM
It took me about 4 years but like Carolyn I am long-waisted and trimmed layers and damage along the way.

Calista
June 23rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
It took me 2 1/2 years, including frequent trims to get rid of layers. And I always thought that was slow - go figure! :)

maaria
June 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Ok, thanx everyone, now I know how many years I must wait and be patience;)

redneckprincess
June 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
I am just past shoulder and if I keep growing at this speed it should only take me aprox. 2 more years(more or less) if my calculations are correct. I have a very detailed schedual in my blog (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=47141), check it out if you want

DarkChocolate
June 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
It took me 2 1/2 years to reach waist from shoulder length. I also trimmed 4 inches or so in that time period since the middle of my hair likes to grow into an icicle.

yogachic
June 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
For me, from shoulder to waist takes a little more than a year and a half.

wackyredtangles
June 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
From just above my shoulders with layers to waist has taken 3 years, and I'm about an inch or so to truly waist. I did have to trim away damage, and I had at least two trims of 3 or so inches to get rid of the really damaged part. I also had a few trims where I requested 0.5 inch and had much more cut off, leading to self trims. I think I have gained a lot of length over the last year when the damage was mostly gone. I haven't ever measured my hair, so I can't get any more precise than that.

Islandgrrl
June 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
It's taken me about 4 years to go from 1" all over to waist, with really regular trims when it was shorter to prevent the Mullet of Doom look. My last trim was, now that I think about it, 11 months ago and I just hit waist around the beginning of this month. My growth is pretty average, I think.

ETA: I still have layers in about the last 4: of my hair, as well as fringes that are now to my shoulders.

Honey39
June 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
My hair seems to grow faster than I had thought - from shoulder to mid-back has been very fast, even with regular trimming. I think I might be in a growth stall though, but that's fine.

I hope your hair grows quickly - but remember to enjoy every stage along the way! I love my hair at this length, but I wish I had enjoyed it a bit more when it was shorter rather than always waiting for it to grow, if you know what I mean!!

Happy growing :)

viking_quest
June 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
As of right now, it'll probably take a year. Overall, it will be about 2.5 years.

CindyLea1
June 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
It took me 5 years. But most of that was before LHC. I didn't treat it very nice, to be honest.

So now I'm going from bra strap to terminal. From bra strap to waist ought to take me 2 years.

Jules diamond
June 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
From shoulder to waist it's going to be about three years for me. I've got a big gap between shoulder and BSL, but once I get there, it's only two inches to waist.

dontknowaname
June 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Being tall sometimes is such a bother, still not there yet and I've been growing it from nothing to current length in about 9 years I think :p

edit: about 8,5 years

rose_in_bloom
June 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'm at APL and I think it's going to take me about 2 years to get to waist AND get rid of all the damage/layers.

Vivien'
June 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
It tooks me 4,5 years from a short/conventionnal (I'm a man) cut. By the way, I had one little trim in this period.