PDA

View Full Version : Mom's gorgeous hair

Coriander
June 22nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
My mom has been growing her hair out for a few years now, about as long as I have. She's been having it cut every couple of months by the same man (for the last 30 years!). Sadly, he had a stroke and isn't able to cut hair anymore. She hasn't yet found anyone else she likes to maintain her hair, so she's just let it grow.

Last night she let me French braid her hair for her. She's never had it done this way. This is the first time I remember ever playing with my mom's hair, since she's always had it short (above shoulder) for most of my life.

Behold, mom's GORGEOUS thick silver strands...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=42612

Anyone else like to play with family member's hair? :)

viking_quest
June 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
I play with my mother's hair all of the time. I practice braids on her before I try them on myself.

Phalaenopsis
June 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I have a sister with thick BSL-hair and very rarely I can play with it. She has a baby, so she doesn't have a lot of time.

Your mother has beautiful THICK hair. :)

JKRBeloved
June 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Last night she let me French braid her hair for her. She's never had it done this way. This is the first time I remember ever playing with my mom's hair, since she's always had it short (above shoulder) for most of my life.Behold, mom's GORGEOUS thick silver strands...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=42612

Corriander, your Mom's hair is BEAUTIFUL! How wonderful that you were able to bond with her this way. When children are little they and their parents touch each other many times throughout the day, but as we age it lessens quite a bit. What a sweet way to regain some of that healthy intimacy!

BrianaFineHair
June 22nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Very pretty. :) I love the thickness!

My mom's hair reaches her hips and she encourages me a lot when I'm having a bad hair day.

BrianaFineHair
June 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
double post but it's worth repeating - very pretty! ;)

Lioness
June 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
It looks so shiny and thick! Lovely

EvaSimone
June 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Wow she has beautiful, thick hair. You did a good job on the braid too, it's very neat and pretty. :flower:

klcqtee
June 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I wish I had silver in my hair! I'd henna that like crazy!

I love grey hair that has been hennaed!

Gah! Her hair is soooo beautiful.

coolbreeze212
June 22nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
I know it's been said many times already...but wow...her braid is so THICK!!!

kdaniels8811
June 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Tell your mom her hair is beautiful!!

jessie58
June 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
It's thick, healthy and beautiful.

windinherhair
June 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Your mom's hair is beautiful. And beautifully thick I must add! :)

BlndeInDisguise
June 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Beautiful!! It's so thick and what a gorgeous color! :)

Dementia1013
June 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I can't play with other peoples hair... I get frustrated. I can do so much to my hair, but when it comes to other people i can't do anything for some reason. :(

SpecialKitty
June 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
So pretty and thick! You've got GOOD hair genes :D

Speckla
June 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Since it hasn't been mentioned yet - wow is that some thick gorgeous hair. ;)

Xandergrammy
June 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
Coriander, your mom's hair is gorgeous. I wish I had a family member with hair to fiddle with, but my mom and sister are gone now. Maybe someday I'll have a granddaughter (or my grandson will decide to grow his hair long! :grin: )

Coriander
June 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
So pretty and thick! You've got GOOD hair genes :D

Thanks everyone, I'm going to send these compliments on to her :)

SpecialKitty, I wish I had those genes... I'm adopted! The hair on my biological mother's side of the family is like mine... not so thick. My mom's side (mom in the picture) all have beautiful thick hair.

Debra83
June 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM
Coriander, your mom's hair is gorgeous. I wish I had a family member with hair to fiddle with, but my mom and sister are gone now. Maybe someday I'll have a granddaughter (or my grandson will decide to grow his hair long! :grin: )

HILARIOUS!!!!!!

I never would've even thought of that!! Brilliant!

vdhendrix
June 22nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
yes my aunt (moms sister) had almost knee length hair that i used to love to comb and braid. until she got lice and got frustrated and cut it all off to chin length. and my younger sister has hip length hair like mine that i love to try new styles on

helen2806
June 23rd, 2009, 02:12 AM
That looks so nice!

I must admit I am quite envious - my mum has a pixie cut and my sister's hair is not even shoulder length so I have noone's to play with! :wail:

hennaphile
June 23rd, 2009, 03:25 AM
DAAAG! I want that hair when I grow up! :D

My mom used to have long thick beautiful wavy classic length hair before it fell out, and she cut what was left :( .

Elenna
June 23rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
What thick hair! Great greys too!

AutumnLeaves
June 23rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
Your mom's hair is beautiful! And so thick! I used to love playing 'beauty parlor' when I was little and doing my mom's hair. Then when I had daughters, I was always playing with their hair as well. Wish I had the same energy/desire to mess with my own.

longhairedfairy
June 23rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Oh, it's so pretty!

Kiraela
June 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Her hair is so thick and pretty! I wish I could play with my family's hair, but they all live at least 200 miles away.

I had a dream that I convinced my mom to grow hers out again by giving her an octopus clip, a few days ago, haha.

Ryanne
June 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Very pretty. Great hairstyle.

Naava
June 23rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Your mom has gorgeous hair!

I practise new braids and buns with my DH's hair, his hair is only like 2 inches shorter than mine and pretty much the same type too :)

Armelle
June 23rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
My mom had chestnut brown, stick straight, tbl hair until I was about 6 or 7. She had to cut it all off for surgery. :( She actually saved a lock of it, I think I still have it in a Victorian hair dish (what are those things actually called?).

Pixna
June 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
So pretty!! Love the color and thickness!!

RoseRedDead
June 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, I'd love to have some of that thickness!

Your mom's hair looks great. :flowers:

Bianca
June 23rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
She has beautiful hair :p

I never get to play with anyones hair, other than my BF's, and his hair is short and boring :p I try to get my mom to go CO and let me try and style it for her, but she dont really care about her hair. She could get some nice curls if she let me though...

Krystyle
June 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hot mama! You'r mom's hair is gorgeous and so shiny, not at all like the brittle grays I'm used to seeing on most ladies.

AnneAdeline
June 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Gorgeous and thick! Look at those silvers.
The past couple years I have been trying to convince my mom to grow her hair long, so I can play with it. She still keeps it at her shoulders, though. It's so much fun to play with other people's hair.

cuddledumplin
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
That's just lovely hair.

GlassEyes
June 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
So pretty; I love silver/mixed gray and silver hair.

Actually, I like gray too, but it looks cool when the top is lighter, or there's a streak of silve rin there somewhere. :D

Othala
June 24th, 2009, 05:03 AM
My mother cannot stand to have her hair touched, my Dad on the other hand is bald and I practice Indian head massage techniques on him which makes his head as red as a beetroot.

ReddishRocks
June 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Your mom's braid is so thick! Beautiful color too. :)

My mom would say that she doesn't cut her hair out of "laziness," but I actually ADORE it long! She is in her late 50s, and isn't quite ready to go gray (she's waiting for her roots to get a bit more uniform she says - I think she's just waiting for me to have a kid, LOL!), and she's pretty close to BSL.

It's angled up front, but from the back... wowee!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x143/ReddishRocks/17May09KatandMom.jpg

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM
My LAND she's got lovely THICK hair! :green with envy: Go, Coriander's Mom!!!! It's beautiful!

handsclean
June 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
My mom asked me to do her hair in "one of those rope braids you do" the other day. I was so shocked when I touched it! It was sooo soft! She has quite short hair, a little above shoulder, so she has very few splits. She usually doesn't use any products, she doesn't use heat at all. It was so nice :)

Coriander
June 24th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for your compliments. They've been passed on to Mom and she's tickled that people think her hair is so beautiful :)