PDA

View Full Version : Hair disaster!

Chamy
June 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Today when I was working, I sensed something land on the top of my head. I touched my hair with my hand, and when I looked at it I saw... it was bird poop, I wanted to cry but didnt. I called my boss and told him what had happened, and... HE LAUGHED, but then said that he would send someone so I could go wash up. When my colleague came to help me, she was laughing too. I just could'nt see the funny part.

I am still really upset and just wanted to get some non-laughing support... :(

zen_oven
June 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I would be upset if everyone laughed about that too. They should try having it happen to them--bird **** is gross! Sorry you had to go through that. :(

Fractalsofhair
June 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Yikes. Well, bird poop is used for facials in some cultures, so maybe it will help your hair? Speaking of less awkward wild animal encounters, a fox ran less than 2 inches away from me into the woods today. I was walking home from school, and a fox was crossing the road. A car came down really quickly and the fox just bolted right past me! It was cool, but a little odd.

Chamy
June 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I would be upset if everyone laughed about that too. They should try having it happen to them--bird **** is gross! Sorry you had to go through that. :(
Thank you :o! They would not be laughing, thats for sure. What are the odds for a birdshit to land on a persons head anyway, sooo unlucky.

Yikes. Well, bird poop is used for facials in some cultures, so maybe it will help your hair? Speaking of less awkward wild animal encounters, a fox ran less than 2 inches away from me into the woods today. I was walking home from school, and a fox was crossing the road. A car came down really quickly and the fox just bolted right past me! It was cool, but a little odd.
Well I hope it did some good then :D. Your fox encounter sounded really cute though.

Charlotte
June 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Chamy, bird poo landing on the head is considered in many places to be very, very lucky indeed because of its rarity ("go buy a lottery ticket" is the catch phrase in Aus if a bird plops in your hair). My little budgie has been known to leave his calling card more than once in my hair although it's not as bad as, say, a seagull - that's gross for sure! :disgust:

Merlin
June 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
A bird s*** on my wife's head at our wedding - I believe that's supposed to be lucky.

Not sure it is at other times though - the folks I work with would probably find it funny, even if it happened to them, BUT if you clearly didn't then it was a bit mean to laugh at you!

The BBC do provide this handy guide to dealing with bird poo though
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A901964

Spike
June 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Ewwwwwww!

Sorry to hear about that. It is absolutely grosstacular when that happens.

( pat, pat, pat )

Elphie
June 22nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Oh I've had that happen a few times, especially when we leave the beach (the gulls like to hang out on the telephone wires above the sidewalk). It is supposed to be lucky! It amuses my kids so I just tend to laugh along with them. What else can you do?

Feel better :blossom:

lora410
June 22nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
As they say "s*** happens" I had a bird poop on my leg big time when I was riding a bike. Talk about good aim. It is gross and I am sorry this happened.

Coriander
June 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
I know it's upsetting when it happens, and I'm glad you were able to clean up. I'm sorry to hear you were laughed at for that.

I did smile, however, because I was reminded of the time where my Navy division was undergoing our first ever uniform inspection. I felt a soft "thud" on my shoulder and thought that a fellow shipmate was plucking off a strand of hair.

I was wrong.

The senior chief was trying not to laugh when he passed me by, and I had no idea what was going on. The petty officer came up to me after inspection and congratulated me on standing at attention even though I had bird s*** on my shoulder.

Bird poo looks awesome on Navy whites. :laugh:

manderly
June 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
It happens. Pretty much the only way to "survive" it is to laugh at yourself. ;)

Bunnyhare
June 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
I too have had it happen...my husband says" If the Foo S***s, wear it!" so we had to laugh too but it is no fun for coworkers to laugh AT you, that was thoughtless and mean..I am so sorry you had that day...

Carrie Ingalls
June 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
That reminds me, at a family gathering several years ago I was walking through the yard with my little cousin who was about five and out of nowhere there was a little pile of bird poop on his head! But he didn't have it as bad because, his hair was short.

rovylern
June 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
It's supposed to be lucky, but I'd be upset too! I guess the optimistic view is that your day can only go up from there, right?

VanillaTresses
June 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
My family considers it to be lucky (not kidding). My mom once had a vulture who was soaring waaaayyy high up in the sky manage to poo on her head. He had impeccable aim. We tormented her that it wasn't just any poop it was roadkill poo! :cool:

gmdiaz
June 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
One hundred, oh nooooooooos.

Some days are just like that in one form or another but your day was a classic!

This is where you may find that it pays to have a little chocolate bar stashed away. Soothes away the I-am-so-sorry-that-I-got-sooooo-s***-upon blues.

Tomorrow, wear a hat.

Carina
June 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
:grouphug:I would run down to the locker room really fast if it happened to me:(.Make sure that you get to laugh back at them when something happens.Can't stand people who laugh at me straight to my face when I am upset or sad.

Speckla
June 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
Um, DT, protein treatment? Fertilizer helps grass grow....here's to a sudden 1/2" of new hair.

Sorry it happened to you...:(

Juneii
June 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
it's lucky alright... unlucky, what are the chances?

it's funny as long as it's not happening to you. isn't that how it usually is? we laugh at others expense for the most part.

I'm sorry, it must be embarrassing to you, I'm sure somewhere in the back of your coworker's mind they're feeling sorry for you. in elementary school two birds poo'ed on me at the same time. one on each shoulder. miraclulously it missed my hair, and my friends who were right next to me.

Kiraela
June 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
EW! I am so sorry that happened. It was definately not cool to laugh, and I think they would have been pissed had you laughed at them in a similar situation.

Absinthegelatin
June 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
It will be ok. I got s*** on by a bird once after I finished a cross country race. I was pretty humiliated but I washed it off. : c

Still, what are the odds of it happening again? I suppose the odds of you getting shat on by a bird were quite slim to begin with and now they must be practically non-existent!
(This is what I told myself after the *incident* to quell my disgust.)

may1em
June 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
I had that happen to me a couple times. Once was just after I'd washed and painstakingly blowdried my hair. I was on the way out the door, and ended up using all-purpose biodegradable soap and the garden hose on the affected part for speed. It's not fun.

embee
June 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM
That happened to me - the bird poop - years ago when I was out shopping. Fortunately the first shop I went into afterward let me use their restroom to wash up. Ick.

Now I can laugh about it, because it was the stuff of cartoons. In future you'll be able to laugh too, it's just too silly - with the whole earth to poop on, why does a bird poop on your *head*???. When it happens to somebody else you can say, "Ooooh, been there done that!" with a laugh or smile and some ready sympathy.

Chrissy
June 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Aww I'm sorry it happened but don't get upset cause people laughed. I probably would have laughed too. I'm not a mean person but it is just so ridiculous that I think laughing kinda is most peoples response. I don't think they are mean it's just a natural reaction.

Luckily this doesn't happen a lot but when it does.........ewwww!!!!

Autumnberry
June 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
This has happened to me, too, and it made me want to vomit thinking about the diseases that bird poop may carry. It's weird, though, because after you've washed it out of your hair in a public bathroom, and made it though that, you don't really worry anymore about being a bird's target.

Now last month I walked around with a huge gob of tree sap on the top of my head for two hours. That REALLY freaked me out when I eventually found it. I scanned LHC for help and then rubbed large amounts of EVOO to to soften it out. Good thing, otherwise there would be a big bald spot from cutting, as sap turns to stone pretty quickly. So I guess there is one thing worse than bird poop...

Chamy
June 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Thank you all for the support, it was just what i needed. You guys are the best!:) I now know how to handle a situation like that, which is great for future reference, haha. :p

Now last month I walked around with a huge gob of tree sap on the top of my head for two hours. That REALLY freaked me out when I eventually found it. I scanned LHC for help and then rubbed large amounts of EVOO to to soften it out. Good thing, otherwise there would be a big bald spot from cutting, as sap turns to stone pretty quickly. So I guess there is one thing worse than bird poop...

Eeek, that sent shivers down my spine. Yeah the terror of sap in hair is a thousand times worse than bird poop... Im really glad that you were able to get it out before it turned to stone. ;)

ETA: Which is not spelled "wich". *Embarrassing*

longhairedfairy
June 24th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I've been pooped on by a passing birdie and I just laughed. Don't let it upset you.

Ryanne
June 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry it happened to you.
It happened to a friend, well, the bird poo was on her shirtless arm but still, I had to point it out because she hadn't noticed it.

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Glad you got it washed out, and glad that people here have remembered that it's good luck so we can be grateful for such things, even such icky things :)

I have been poo'd on by birds, mostly when I'm holding them, though. Sometimes the doo is highly acidic, so I'd get it out of my hair/off my skin as fast as I could. Lucky or no, I'm always glad when the crap is OFF me.

And that treesap story is just unnerving. Like a big wad of GUM. My land, that stuff's hard to get out!

MimiKeki
June 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
My family also considers it to be lucky. Sorry you had to go through that, chick.

Toadstool
June 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Living in a Welsh seaside town this has happened to me more times than I'd like to remember. It's happened so often I am no longer embarrassed by it!

smerrie
June 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Aww that happened to me once, too, I am pretty sure I cried!

If it makes you feel any better, an old Russian superstition says you will have good luck if you are pooped on a by a bird! (Maybe extra inches of growth? :p )

longhairedfairy
June 24th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Living in a Welsh seaside town this has happened to me more times than I'd like to remember. It's happened so often I am no longer embarrassed by it!
Besides, the bird is the one that pooped in public. Why should you be embarrassed?:p;) (Just trying to make you laugh)

Aww that happened to me once, too, I am pretty sure I cried!

If it makes you feel any better, an old Russian superstition says you will have good luck if you are pooped on a by a bird! (Maybe extra inches of growth? :p )
It's amazing how widespread that superstition is. Someone told me this when I was in college (in WV) and a bird had pooped on me when I was moving things out of my dorm room at the end of the semester.