PDA

View Full Version : since growing your hair how many....

jojo
April 10th, 2008, 12:25 AM
of you notice more people with really long like waist length and longer hair?

I have seen loads this week, i never saw them before:cheese:

1nuitblanche
April 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
It's true that you usually notice something more when it's something you've newly taken interest in. I guess I've always kind of liked long hair, so I haven't really seen a big difference in the number of people with really long hair since... well, I can remember.

jojo
April 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
strange isnt it? like my friend just had a baby and called her Bobbi, which round here is an uncommon name but now i hear mothers shouting the name all the time, its on the news so bizarre!

Riot Crrl
April 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Two worlds and in between.

I still notice curlies more than longs!

paper
April 10th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I've been noticing people with long hair lately too. I saw this girl the other day she had long hair, and it was a burgandy color. It was in good condition too. Very pretty. I wanted to say something, but thought it might be wierd.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I've always been a fan of long hair , so I've been noticing them from a long long time.

tuuli
April 10th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I see more women with longer hair than BSL. Maybe it's just my hair addiction that keeps me watching out for longhaired people. :)

littlemiss
April 10th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I notice people with long hair "yes" its an obsession for me almost :D Today i was walking behind this woman in a mall she had waist lenght hair, so heres me GREEN with envy because I want hair that long:wail: and rushing threw my mind is I wonder what shampoo she might use does she use cones or not?? does she oil does she not?? does she go to the hair dresses or not?? my mind was exploding and running away with itself, really i should just stay at home on the computer because lest here with all the beautiful hair people I can ask those questions.
long haired people of the public beware Im out there looking

tuuli
April 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I've got a female co-worker who has beautiful iii hair at tailbone. She always wear it up in a cinnabun. The perfect hair idol in RL. She has the perfect forehead for buns and adorable eyebrows. ;)

lora410
April 10th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I see them ALL THE TIME and like others I wish my hair was their length.

tiny_teesha
April 10th, 2008, 06:46 AM
when i first joined out i made an active effort to look at long hairs, and they were rarer then i thought!
I actually....*gawk* sat down and made a tally on my lunch break of how long womens hair is between the age of "not school" and 70.
I found that almost all women above 45ish had hair cut to a few inches
Women over 35 had hair at sholder length.
Women over 30 had hair at apl
women over 20 rarely had hair longer then waist.
and women below 20 ranged from tailbone to a few inches.
Those were the norms. I only found about 5 younger then 30 women with tailbone length and that's it! 3 people with longer then that, in the past almost year! So it doesn't happen often- most of the long hairs are indian. Oh i saw 2 guys with hair longer then BSL!
I tend to stare at hair past waist, and look discretely and hair past BSL, and absolutely gawk at peopl with hair longer then waist!

tiny_teesha
April 10th, 2008, 06:49 AM
when i first joined out i made an active effort to look at long hairs, and they were rarer then i thought!
I actually....*gawk* sat down and made a tally on my lunch break of how long womens hair is between the age of "not school" and 70.
I found that almost all women above 45ish had hair cut to a few inches
Women over 35 had hair at sholder length.
Women over 30 had hair at apl
women over 20 rarely had hair longer then waist.
and women below 20 ranged from tailbone to a few inches.
Those were the norms. I only found about 5 younger then 30 women with tailbone length and that's it! 3 people with longer then that, in the past almost year! So it doesn't happen often- most of the long hairs are indian. Oh i saw 2 guys with hair longer then BSL!
I tend to stare at hair past waist, and look discretely and hair past BSL, and absolutely gawk at people with hair longer then waist!

Lixie
April 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I've had long hair most of my life, but only since finding LHC did I start noticing other longhairs.

amaiaisabella
April 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Most people I see around here don't have hair past BSL, but since that's my goal.... :)

I really have started noticing! Unfortunately I have also started noticing the condition of their hair, which makes me cringe inside...

eadwine
April 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM
The same number as before really.. virtually none.

ladystar
April 10th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I've always been a fan of long hair , so I've been noticing them from a long long time.

Me too. Just don't see then around here to often.

Carolyn
April 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I've always noticed long hair more than short. Since I've been a life long, long hair lover, it's always been on my radar even as a kid. Not many people where I live have long hair so it really stands out. Healthy long hair is VERY rare here. I notice shorter styles too but nothing is as breathtaking as long healthy hair with a blunt hemline.

AJoifulNoise
April 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
It was kinda funny. We watched a video last night at one of my bible studies. And a lady (animated) in the video had really long, wavy hair. My friend and I turned to each other in unison and said "she has really long hair!"

So, yes, I notice it more. Just like I noticed everyone around her has a chevy cavalier once I got mine.

Elainehali
April 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
In my high school I was one of a handful of people with really long hair.

Now in college I see TONS everyday. I think it's cause my new school has lots of ethnic people (Asian and Indian) and the seem enjoy their long hair.

I made a joke to a friend that college girls have longer hair becuase they can't afford regular haircuts. lol

One girl I see around the train station has this thick perfect braid down to her calves. It's amazing.

DiyaC
April 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Me too! I've been spotting long-hairs very often these days. I also seem to be noticing people with thick hair. Maybe that's because I yearn for thick hair myself.

snowflower
April 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yes, I see a lot of long hair now, never noticed before

Neon Gloss
April 13th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I barely ever see them. The majority of the population in my city consists of sl-bsl lengths with straightened hair. But when I see long hairs I get delighted on the inside.

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Yes, I do too. People always tend to notice things more when they are interested in it.

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I wonder if as we are all long hair lovers, our brain subconsciously averts our eyes when we see somebody with short hair? there must be a psychological reason.

I remember having a psychology class a few years back now and we watched this program, nothing out of this world. At the end the tutor says who noticed anything unusual about that? none of us did, however when she played the program back, there was a man dressed in a gorilla suit prancing about in the background but none of us noticed!

I can't remember the reasons as to why our brains shut off in certain situations but it kind of reminds me of why suddenly some of us will notice long haired people more, when we ourselves are growing. These long hairs must have always been there but because we wasn't looking out for them, missed them.

If this makes sense!

buttons
April 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Ooh that's definitely me. Not only the length of peoples hair, but its condition. You can totally tell if someone flat-irons their hair if you're standing close enough behind them (I'm guilty of standing a little too close in lines...:) Or even if they take good or bad care of it.

I think because we're interested in long, healthy hair, our minds are more observant of it on other people.

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM
yes i agree Buttons, i too look at the condition see how many splits i can count, im so evil!

buttons
April 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
yes i agree Buttons, i too look at the condition see how many splits i can count, im so evil!

I always feel so terrible standing there scanning someones hair for damage. Like I'm judging them and it might not be their fault their hair is like that.
But I can't help it!

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM
You know I've never paid attention. I'm going to.

Leeloo
September 23rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
of you notice more people with really long like waist length and longer hair?

I have seen loads this week, i never saw them before:cheese:

I definitely started to notice others hair a lot more than before LHC.

Emanuelle
September 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
I guess I've noticed it more when people have waist or longer, now that I'm paying attention to it. Still it's a rare thing where I live!