PDA

View Full Version : Double Condition ?

lynlora
June 22nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
I find recently that if I condition twice it helps.Good thing I use Suave Radiant Brunett that is only $2 a bottle.How about you ?

Curlsgirl
June 22nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
I assume you mean just doing a wash, then condition, rinse and then condition, rinse again? I find it more helpful and less a "waste" of conditioner to use one less expensive conditioner to rinse out and then a better leave-in. For example, VO5 to rinse out and then Biolage conditioning balm to for leave-in. But if that works for you then great!:)

Dars
June 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM
There are members here that use that method :). I personally don't. I CO once/with the same conditioner. Mine is expensive :(

Buddaphlyy
June 22nd, 2009, 07:22 AM
IDK. I think if you find a really good product that works for you, you only need to use it once and it should do it's job. I do love Suave Radiant Brunette conditioner though. I use it to co wash with.

Carolyn
June 22nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Isn't CO double conditioning?

Dars
June 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Isn't CO double conditioning?
It can be, but doesn't have to be.

Carolyn
June 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
It can be, but doesn't have to be.
Hey, ya know what? You're right :doh: It's never occured to me to just do the "washy" conditioning in a CO and not do the second conditioning. One track mind here! :D

Tap Dancer
June 22nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
I CO, rinse the length, and apply a heavier conditioner on the length. Then I rinse it all out a few minutes later. Works nicely for me! :)

longhairedfairy
June 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Couldn't you just leave it in twice as long?

GlassEyes
June 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
I double CO, so...

redcelticcurls
June 22nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
I routinely double up. I like a lighter one with slip for detangling and curl separation, and then a thicker one to sit on my hair for a bit while I shower before I rinse.

I add a leave-in. I never did well with the partial rinse method.

Fractalsofhair
June 22nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
I find I often do this with coconut milk, and then apply my regular conditioner after rinsing it out. It sorta works like a Conditioner wash, but not quite. I generally do the coconut milk or w/e oil I'm using before shampooing and then condition. It certainly doesn't harm your hair to put conditioner in 2x if it needs it. Often the first application is absorbed so quickly it seems like my hair is still dry, and then using a 2nd application works well.

Darscilla
June 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Yes, I used to like to do that, but now I'm too poor to afford twice as much conditioner, so my hair has to settle for one dose :(