PDA

View Full Version : First official hair photo - ready to get started!

smerrie
June 21st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Probably not post worthy, but...

I have finally gotten around to taking my first official hair photo, now it is time to get growing! :eye:

(see signature; I also added an album, which contains another picture)

BlackfootHair
June 21st, 2009, 09:17 PM
Very nice. Are those natural waves?

BlackfootHair
June 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oh, never mind. I just went and looked at your album and learned they are braid waves. :o

smerrie
June 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks! I do have natural waves/curls (wurls?) but these particular ones are the result of a french braid!

BlackfootHair
June 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
I can remember my hair holding braid waves really well when I had longer hair, and I believe it's due to having some natural curl too. :)

Nyghtingale
June 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Wonderful waves! Was it braided or is that natural? You have a nice length to begin with and the color is lovely.

smerrie
June 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM
I can remember my hair holding braid waves really well when I had longer hair, and I believe it's due to having some natural curl too. :)

I think so too! My hair takes curls REALLY well, and if I treat it well while it is wet, I get really nice spirals! Unfortunately, it is also really thin, and inevitably becomes straighter and straighter as the day goes on.. or perhaps I should say, flatter.

Wonderful waves! Was it braided or is that natural? You have a nice length to begin with and the color is lovely.

Thank-you so much! I have naturally wavy hair, but today I braided it, so these waves are from that :)

Elphie
June 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Very nice! What a pretty golden color you have!

Rini
June 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Oooh...your hair is VERY shiny!! Thank you for sharing :D

Ryanne
June 22nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
Very pretty, shiny hair!

tarn
June 22nd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Wow, lovely colour! Looks like your hair is in great condition for you to grow it out long.

Chrissy
June 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Of course your hair is post worthy!! We all start somewhere. Your hair is very pretty and has a nice color. Happy Growing!!!

smerrie
June 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
Thank you so much everyone for all of the sweet compliments! :) It's very encouraging!!

And Chrissy, you have gorgeous hair in your siggy!

Fethenwen
June 22nd, 2009, 06:58 AM
That is an excellent start! It will be soooo pretty when it grows longer :cheese:

Kiraela
June 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Very pretty, Smerrie!!!

redneckprincess
June 22nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
your hair is very nice and im glad you put pics up i love watching others (expically other shorties) hair growth progress ♥

amandasmith911
June 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Pretty, pretty.... Shiny, shiny

I wish my hair was that shiny.

Amanda

klcqtee
June 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm right there with you at shoulder length! Hope we grow quickly!

FullMoonTrim
June 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Probably not post worthy, but...

I have finally gotten around to taking my first official hair photo, now it is time to get growing! :eye:

(see signature; I also added an album, which contains another picture)
It's shiny and bendy :)

coolbreeze212
June 22nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Beautiful color and shine!

Here's to growin'! :beercheer:

zen_oven
June 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
A first hair photo is totally post-worthy! I love your shine!

JamieLeigh
June 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
I think it looks very pretty! I love those waves. Good luck on your growing journey...you're definitely in good company! :flower:

mugglemomof3
June 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
It's always great to finally get that "first" photo up there: first on the board, first hairtyping one, first for a new style or color, etc. Congratulations and welcome to these great boards!!!

marajade
June 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Wow, very shiny and healthy, you got a nice head of hair to work/grow with! It is nice to just start with a clean slate!

smerrie
June 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you all so much for your incredibly sweet comments - this has to be the nicest board I have ever been too! :) I have always struggled with hating my hair, so all of your comments are really encouraging!

I should note that there are definitely some problems hiding! I have jaw-length bangs that I still need to grow out, and LOADS of split-ends around my face.. nevermind the fact that my hair is at such an awkward length for wavy hair! But I will persevere! :)

BlndeInDisguise
June 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! So shiny and healthy looking. :)