PDA

View Full Version : Long-Hair Inspirational Movies, Please!

dorothea-brooke
June 21st, 2009, 11:12 AM
DH and I have been watching "Rome" on DVD, and in addition to enjoying the fact that all the "older" women get the best love scenes ;), I'm also grooving on all the lovely long hair. :)

So I thought I'd solicit suggestions for other long-hair fun summer flicks or TV shows, either to rent or in theaters. I'm feeling a bit bored with my usual dos, and would like some inspiration!

TIA! :flower:

Bunnyhare
June 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Wow,I loved the hair do's of Princess Isabella in Braveheart:In Elizabeth-Cate Blanchett- has some great ones too...Don't know if thats what your looking for but just my thoughts! have fun experimenting!

dorothea-brooke
June 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Yep, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! I loved Cate Blanchett's hair in Elizabeth, too. :crush:

The films don't have to be period pieces, though -- I like looking at "modern" long hair, too! :)

:drama: C'mon, folks, help me fill my video rental queue!

renarok
June 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Of course the Princess Bride.... Mama Mia......Drew Barrymore in Ever After.... can't think of any more right now.

janeytilllie
June 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
These film/tv series have nice long haired updos.

*Jackie Chans The Myth. The princess has a really lovely hair updo in this film!
*Lost in Austen. I love this show! There's some nice hair updos in it :D
*The Dutchess staring Keira Knightly
*The new world drama about John Smith and the native americans.
*First Knight
*1930s Robin Hood Errol Flynn
* Charmed Tv show

shadowclaw
June 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
You could watch the Star Wars prequels, in particular episodes 2 and 3. Of course, some of those hairstyles might inspire you to just wear your hair in a plain, boring way ;)

Marie Antoinette (with Kirsten Dunst) has some fun, but large hair. There are some fun dresses in that movie, too!

To be honest, I can't really think of any "modern" movies with long hair. Demi Moore had somewhat long hair in Striptease, but she didn't really do anything special with it.

Copasetic
June 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Ever After is a good one. All the women in the film have long hair, generally waist length, and they all style it with pretty braids. I wish I could copy some of their styles.

demitasse
June 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
The ladies of Lord of the Rings films have some pretty stunning long hair.

Unzadi
June 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Tristan and Isolde - Sophia Myles as Isolde has gorgeous tb length blonde curls. She has nice bsl straight hair in the DVD of Moonlight as well.

prosperina
June 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
All that red hair in "Rome" was also awesome. It left me wondering if women hand henna back then (I'm sure they did) or if that particular family just had a lot of red headed women.

The French film "La Reine Margot" has tons of beautiful hair and clothes, and it's also a pretty good movie.

rach
June 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj92/****bucket_2008/sci%20fi/flash-aura.jpg
husband put this on last night and i went in hair typing hair mode.
princes aura in Flash Gordon.

Fairlight63
June 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
The tv series Christy & Dr. Quinn, Med. woman. They are shown ever once in a while on tv, but are also on DVD for rental at Netflix (I rented all of them :p)

Madame J
June 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM
The ladies of Lord of the Rings films have some pretty stunning long hair.

Also the men.

The Other Boleyn Girl was a terrible adaptation of the book, but had some cool long hair. Oh, and thanks for making me want to watch Ever After again, right after I gave my VHS copy of it to goodwill. I keep meaning to get the DVD...

VanillaTresses
June 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam-- there is really great opening song/dance sequence! The music is great, if you love Bollywood! :)

Bunnyhare
June 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Oh, Little House on the prairie is great and they all have lovley hair and do's!

SimplyLonghair
June 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
I love the thirtys movies with all of the buns and updo's, I watch old movies and try to figure them out. I love how the girl in Miracle of Morgan's Creek wears her hair. Then there is any movie with Lauren Bacall or Veronica Lake. Rebecca, Blythe Spirit, To Catch a Thief are all movies that have great hair. I fell in love with my red hair, watching Ronda Fleming in Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. I know it was a wig but it was an awesome wig.

Quixii
June 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
Honestly, one of my favourite parts of Troy was all the pretty men with their long hair.. :oops:
Actually, that's part of why I enjoy a lot of older movies. Everyone has long hair!

skay
June 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
DH and I have been watching "Rome" on DVD, and in addition to enjoying the fact that all the "older" women get the best love scenes ;), I'm also grooving on all the lovely long hair. :)

So I thought I'd solicit suggestions for other long-hair fun summer flicks or TV shows, either to rent or in theaters. I'm feeling a bit bored with my usual dos, and would like some inspiration!

TIA! :flower:

This thread, "Beautiful Long Hair in Movies", also has movie ideas:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25104

dorothea-brooke
June 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions! Lots of good stuff to go on.... :flower:

And thanks, skay, for the link to that thread -- I did have a vague memory of some thread about this a while ago, but I plum forgot to do a search. :doh: