PDA

View Full Version : What can create build-up?

Chamy
June 21st, 2009, 03:02 AM
Hi all! :)
I was wondering if you guys know anything else than cones that could create build-up in hair?

My hair is conefree and i dont use shampoo and therefore i am a bit nervous that i could have build-up of any other kind. How do you even know if you have residue of something in your hair, i mean can you feel it? :rolleyes:
Im totally clueless... :o

manderly
June 21st, 2009, 03:29 AM
Usually you can tell if you have buildup by your hair feeling sticky (tacky), tangly, dull, and just generally misbehaving.

Some people experience build-up from conditioning only or oils. A simply wash with a SLS poo or baking soda is enough to remove any buildup.

Gothic Lolita
June 21st, 2009, 03:31 AM
For me, also minerals in my tap water can build-up. I can tell becuase my hair feels "coated" a little dry and in genreal not nice and soft. Washing with a sulfate shampoo usually helps and I've also found that regular ACV rinses after washing help too.

MandaMom2Three
June 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
I get build up with oils and minerals (our water's so hard I'm surprised it doesn't break the dishes :D) I do a weekly shampoo bar and acid rinse and that seems to take care of it just fine :)