PDA

View Full Version : Scalp HURTS! Unusual for me :-(

rchorr
June 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I've been at terminal length for years. I've worn my hair up and down for years. All of a sudden, my scalp is bugging me.

French braid, upside down french braid, figure 8 w/stick, buns (of various kinds), simple braid at the side (low), pony (high, middle of the head, and nape).

I don't know what's going on, but it's too dang HOT to wear it down!! And, Champaign actually made the national news last night. The storms and wind are NOT good for hair.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm open for any and all!

Thanks!

RCHORR'

hennaphile
June 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I just discovered fishtail braids (you can get instruction on youtube) and MAN!! No more ouch!

I have the same problem, these days just about anything hurts. The thing about fishies is that they take more time, but they are stunning, and pretty darn ouchless.

Kanntara
June 20th, 2009, 06:29 PM
While mine isn't as long, my hair has been waist length for a few years, yet I've been thinking the same thing.

It's been very humid here, so my thinking was that had something to do with it. Buns I normally don't feel at all, are a burden :(

I really want to blame the humidity and not adding oil to my hair routine :P However, if it is, grrrr.. I'll be staying with family down south for a few months and it's always this bad there so this does not bode well:wail:.

Blue Willow
June 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I also have trouble with a sensitive scalp. I find very gentle massage with an organic conditioner such as AO blue camomille conditioner or a organic conditioner thats mint based would be very beneficial to an irritated scalp. I do this everytime I shampoo & conditioner, you don't have to do it more than 1-3 minutes and it does seem to relieve the stress on the sensitive area. Hope this helps

mira-chan
June 21st, 2009, 07:15 AM
Is it sudden? Could it be an allergy to something?

naomimcc
June 21st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Or a sunburn? I sunburnt my scalp last summer and it KILLED!

sneakybea
June 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM
This might not suit your style or work for you, but if it does, a snood might be a good way to wear your hair without causing sensitivity. I suggest this because snoods aren't tight, and don't cause any sort of heaviness high up on your head.