PDA

View Full Version : Sudden growth of babyhair allow hairline...

Speckla
June 20th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I've adding zinc, magnesium, and more iron to my vitamin routine and noticed lately that I've had a bunch of baby hairs sprouting along my hairline where it's usually pretty much nothing there.

Any connection? I know that zinc helps the body process protein better. I really do need to add more protein to my diet but I'm so tired of eggs. I can't eat nuts due to allergies. Any suggestions? I'm vegetarian (no meat - no chicken or fish) and will eat soy.

MimiKeki
June 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Chica!
First of all - Well done on your new .5" growth! Your curls are to die for. I also have those lovely sweet baby hairs that indicate new growth :) It feels good, doesn't it?
If you need more protein, you could try such things as milk, cheese, yogurt, beans and pulses, and yes, more soy and tofu.

Don't force yourself to eat eggs and get bored for the sake of your hair ;) (Though I have done in the past!)

nowxisxforever
June 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
For the protein, have you tried cooking *with* eggs but not simply just eggs?

I'm saying: French toast, quiches, omelettes, egg flower soup, etc.?

Also, yes yes soy! Edamame is really nummy, and I like tofu in miso (more soy!) soup.

Fractalsofhair
June 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Tempeh( I like it stir fried with garlic and olive oil, over a grain(TJ's harvest grain mix is great!) is great, along with quinoa(Very high in protein) for protein! Hair is made out of protein so it makes sense that if your body is better able to use protein it will grow hair. Whole grains are generally decent sources of protein, even things like rice and such. Rice and beans are also great in the protein realm.

ll
June 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Here are some more vegetarian sources of protein:

Tofurky fake meat sausages: (http://www.tofurky.com/products/sausages.htm) 24 grams of protein per link

Some of the Greek yogurts (something about the Greek way of making yogurt yields higher amount of protein than regular yogurt). Chobani Greek yogurt (http://www.chobani.com/OurProducts/Strawberry/) is particularly high in protein at 14 grams of protein per serving

Barilla has a new multi-grain pasta that is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. It's a new product, and I've only seen it at Whole Foods so far. (http://www.barillaus.com/Home/pages/Barilla_Plus.aspx) 17 grams of protein per 100 gram serving.

Hope this helps!

Natalia
June 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
TVP (textured vegetable protien) is supposed to make a good ground meat substitute like for meatballs or burgers if you can have that. Quiona is a complete protien grain if you like that. Soy products are great as are beans. There are sos so many ways to fix eggs i miss so much :( (cant have them anymore) . Quiches are awesome, fritattas, stir them into soups (i used to like mine in an ittalian veggie soup mix from Millies) , of coarse omletts. If your ont he go alot mini quiches are awesome. I used to make mine in a little heart shap pan, with spinach, bacon, onions, kale, peppers, corn. Anything you like basicly. Cook till firm refigerate then just pop in the microwave before you go :). Im sure i have more ideas but im a little brain dead right now. Either that or i left it in the freezer with the yogurt.....

Elphie
June 20th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I prefer Fage Greek yogurt w/ 15g of protein per 8oz.

My favorite snack (sunflower seeds) yields a nice 9g of protein for only a 1/4 cup.

Speckla
June 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions. I feel my muscles getting bigger too. lol. I'm still a bit confused as to how much protein I need. I'm all for healthier hair and healthier body. I got some veggies sausages tonight and they were delicious.

Chamy
June 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Congrats on the babyhairs, i love those little hairs around the hairline, they are so cute :D. Beans of all kinds are a good source of protein when you are a veggie, and plus, they are very easy to use as asubstitute of meat in almost every dish.