PDA

View Full Version : The Simpler the Better!

Lile
June 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM
A thread for those,who believe(or want to believe,but still need to experience)in very simplistic hair care routines. Who believe,that simple hair care can be just as effective(or even more)as the long hair treatments.
Tell me about your routine!

If you have some pics to prove that the simpler the better,post them here!

I'm still experimenting,but i want to count myself here!
Simple to me would mean to achieve perfect hair with only soapnuts,and(or without,but that looks impossible) herbal conditioner.No leave ins,no styling products,SLS shampoos.Full natural.Very simple.And I know that many posters here have even more simplistic routines.

Laurel32
June 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
My routine: CO every three days, coconut oil in ends, and a brown sugar scalp exfoliate if I feel like it.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but I can tell you my new routine has improved the quality of my hair a lot!

shrimp
June 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
My routine - CO every three or four days. AVG to plop. No brushing or combing (beyond combing wet in shower). Mist with water (with a bit of lavender eo) to revive curls for none wash days.

Oh - and henna when the roots get too bad :p

Akiko
June 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Now I just do CWC or WC. I dilute shampoo right before washing. Air dry.

I tried shikakai. Enjoyed experimenting with it. But preparation was too much for me to continue. I am too lazy. So I went back to regular shampoo and conditioner.

ecologystudent
June 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty simple myself ;) CO when I feel like it, WO when I don't, and a vinegar rinse when I feel like it. Let dry, or comb back into a pony tail. It gives me soft, silky hair.

Problem is, I'm running out of conditioner, and have to find a new one!