PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair, I love it, can I stay around?....please

catfish
June 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
My new avatar is my new cut.(siggie is old do) I love my hair this length, please no one be sad:o I really loved having my hair long, and at elbow length, truly the longest it's ever been, I enjoyed every day of long hair life:D

That said, I started missing wearing my hair down and I just couldn't have my hair down and be able to detangle it afterwards.(without breaking half my hair off anyways) I had some pretty awful tangles, I did enjoy wearing braids, my favorite style, but I really wanted to be able to go without having my hair up, so after waiting 4 weeks before cutting, I made up my mind and cut my hair myself. I didn't feel sad cutting it at all, in fact I was super excited. This is the first time ever that I can remember having short and healthy hair. My ends feel so amazing!!!!:D

My hair feels silky and is tangle free:cheese: yippiee :cheese: no tangles at all!

My hair is so much wavier now and I might even try CO. My honey said I reminded him of a pin-up girl with my new do:eyebrows: I can handle that:p

My hair is now just at my armpit. I can still do a cinnabun, two dutch braids, a little single french braid and two rope braids, plus now I can also do a ton of updos like peacock twists that I couldn't do before. The best part is that I can wear my hair down softly waving around my shoulders all day without a single tangle.:D

I want to keep my hair this length for a while, and just focus on keeping it healthy. I want to still hang around though..can I please still be a member?:crush:

chelssix
June 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Of course!

Bunnyhare
June 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I am not an official but I am pretty sure ALL hairs are welcome here!:0) And you love it and it is still longer than most peoples that I know(except here)HEEHEE

sneakybea
June 19th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Of course you're still welcome here. And congratulations on how happy your new look makes you---it looks great! Such gorgeous waves!

Furiana
June 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Of course! If APL people weren't allowed to hang around, then I couldn't be here either. >.>;;

myotislucifugus
June 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
To kick you off would be foolish, I'm sure we can all benefit from knowledge you've gained at longer lengths, and the choices you've made. Not an official, but I feel you should be able to stay.

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm confused, since your hair in your siggy and avatar look the same to me :confused:

But of course you can stay :D

catfish
June 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'm confused, since your hair in your siggy and avatar look the same to me :confused:

But of course you can stay :D

Sorry manderly, I just changed it. :o I thought I had the right pic uploaded, my bad. My siggie pic is a before shot, just an inch below elbow, my new cut is armpit length.

Thanks for catching that for me, I'm a goof:doh:

smerrie
June 19th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I think you have gorgeous hair both ways! and your new cut is still much long than mine, haha! It is actually my goal too! APL - BSL, and super healthy, that is all I want :)

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry manderly, I just changed it. :o I thought I had the right pic uploaded, my bad. My siggie pic is a before shot, just an inch below elbow, my new cut is armpit length.

Thanks for catching that for me, I'm a goof:doh:

LOL, well, considering your after hair is about as long as my current hair.....I suppose we can allow you to stick around :p

ericthegreat
June 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I love how everyone here is very supportive of one another regardless of what an individual may eventually decide to do with their locks, even if it means cutting them. And, unfortunately to say there are many women in the world today who still wear their hair much, much shorter than your new haircut catfish, you certainly don't have short hair. I think your hair looks beautiful at both lengths. And think of it this way, now you start your growing journey anew!

catfish
June 19th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks:D I kinda feel like a traitor as now I'm not growing my hair, just keeping it healthy. APT is still long, it just feels short compared to where it was.

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

yogachic
June 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
You had beautiful hair before the cut, and its still beautiful after the cut! I just did a huge cut. I liked it for one week, and Now I'm back to regretting it. But I know it will grow back, so now I just have to be patient and wait again.

Healthy hair is great hair.

UncommonTart
June 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I think your hair is lovely. It looks so healthy and shiny, and that new cut is a great length. I hope you do stay. If you're happy with your hair and length, isn't that all that matters? :flower:

ETA: Forgot to say, your hair is still longer than what I see on a lot of people, so I wouldn't call it "short" by any means. You're still "a longhair" after all.

curls2grow
June 19th, 2009, 08:43 PM
You have to stick around! :) Your cut hair length is longer than my goal length. ::looks at your pic:: I didn't realize APL is *that* long. Your hair still looks quite long to me! :D

naomimcc
June 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Of course you can stick around - you enabler you! I've been debating cutting a few inches off myself. My ends have taken a kickin' over the winter...they could use freshening up for sure.

julya
June 19th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I'm jealous of your lack of tangles! That's one reason I might cut in the future.

Peggy E.
June 19th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Congratulations! So glad you are happy with your hair and are enjoying it - this is what we all want, regardless the length.

And it's not like you have "short" hair - I was looking for a very short cut, after what you'd said, and it still looks on the "long" hair side to me! "Shorter" than it was, yes, but technically, not truly short hair.

It's lovely, though, and I hope you continue to enjoy the new styles and being able to wear it down. I haven't worn my hair down for years - can't even recall the last time it was down....

melrose1985
June 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Heck yes you can!

Redheaded Raven
June 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Of course you're still welcome here :)
Glad you like your hair now

coolbreeze212
June 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Yes, please stick around!! I think a lot of people here just maintain their favorite length (in healthy ways)...no biggie!

Your hair is still beautiful, btw. :)

abritta3
June 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
It is so wonderful to see how excited and happy you are about your new hair ;) Your new do looks great.

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 11:31 PM
it looks lovely, and you sound so happy!
And yes I'm another one who counts your hair as long!

Debra83
June 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Your hair is still gorgeous! Wow! And, heyyyyyyy, it looks really long still in your av. but mine is about the same length and doesn't look long to me???!!!!??? NOT FAIR!!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=42326&albumid=2126&dl=1245479022&thumb=1

Must be because I'm WIDER!!!!! rats, I guess that means I can't have pizza twice a week, spaghetti, and Chinese food as often anymore, so my hair can look the length it really is.

Chrissy
June 20th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Get Out Now!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy
June 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Just kidding of course. Your hair is still considered long by most people. It looks great. Hey I've been here for years and should have hair to the floor by now. No one has kicked me out yet. I am growing it back but yeah please STAY!!!

Pixna
June 20th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Absolutely not!!!! GO -- get outta here!!! (Just kidding!!!)

I'm glad to know you are happy with your new length, Catfish. You did an excellent job cutting it. Did you use Feye's method?

There is so much gorgeous, super-long hair here, and so many ideas for how to care for it, that it can be overwhelming. It is easy to fall into "peer pressure" and do what everyone else is doing when you hang out here a whole lot. But it's important for each of us to follow her/his own path and learn what works best for us, our unique hair, and our unique lifestyles. I'm happy that you discovered what works for you and that you gave it serious consideration before taking the leap. It looks GREAT, and you feel great about it, and in the end, that is all that matters.

kdaniels8811
June 20th, 2009, 06:54 AM
We have all lengths in this forum from pixie to floor (I think someone is at floor. Or is that thier goal lenght?) The idea is maintaining healthy hair. You are welcome! Glad you found somehting that works for you.

brok3nwings
June 20th, 2009, 07:13 AM
i dont know but i think this is a forum for people who love long hair not necessarily have it. And even if you dont like it on yourself it doesnt mean you dont belong :) by the way im glad you are so happy about your hair!

janeytilllie
June 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful, healthy and thick! :D

Of course you can stay :cheese:

I currently cut my hair from hip to APL.

I know you what mean about more waves and amazing ends. I share your joy! :happydance:

nancy33936
June 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Its still long and looks great, Please stay.

MuzicalH3rb
June 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Of course, you can stay around! Your hair looks great, by the way.

Mabel Grey
June 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I love your new cut. And am very glad you are excited about it. I think we are all striving for long hair, but we also have to be happy with it. It looks lovely and very healthy. Congrats on short/ long hair.

kam984420
June 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
APT is still long, it just feels short compared to where it was.

If its too short, theres one thing that will solve that. HAPPY GROWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheese:

catfish
June 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yeay!:D Thanks everyone, you are the greatest:crush: I couldn't possible want to leave such a welcoming place, I love TLHC. Thanks. :flower:

And thank you for all the lovely compliments. I do really like my hair at this length. I have no regrets so far and that makes me happy:D

catfish
June 21st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Absolutely not!!!! GO -- get outta here!!! (Just kidding!!!)

I'm glad to know you are happy with your new length, Catfish. You did an excellent job cutting it. Did you use Feye's method?

There is so much gorgeous, super-long hair here, and so many ideas for how to care for it, that it can be overwhelming. It is easy to fall into "peer pressure" and do what everyone else is doing when you hang out here a whole lot. But it's important for each of us to follow her/his own path and learn what works best for us, our unique hair, and our unique lifestyles. I'm happy that you discovered what works for you and that you gave it serious consideration before taking the leap. It looks GREAT, and you feel great about it, and in the end, that is all that matters.

Thank you for saying I did a good job, I did not use the faye method, all I did was start by cutting individual locks to my armpit, then looking in a hand mirror, evened the ends a bit. My hair is wavy, so there is nothing blunt about my hemline and I'm okay with that.:p

hennaphile
June 21st, 2009, 02:56 AM
Long hair and long hair lovers :D
STAY!

natt i nord
June 21st, 2009, 03:49 AM
I love your hair both ways :) It's so thick :thud:

Will you keep this length or will you grow it out again?

SimplyLonghair
June 21st, 2009, 05:15 AM
Stay! Please! I love it, as long as you are happy it is all good.

I find it interesting that many find more curls with short hair, but for me when I grow my hair longer, it finds curls instead of just waves. Cool! :D

psvzum
June 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM
You have beautiful hair in both pictures. What matters is how YOU feel, not any of us : )

catfish
June 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
I love your hair both ways :) It's so thick :thud:

Will you keep this length or will you grow it out again?

Thank you for the compliment:D I think for now I will keep it this length, it feels so radically different than elbow length that I find myself newly crushing on my hair:o I am trying different looks and routines and so far so good;)

catfish
June 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM
You have beautiful hair in both pictures. What matters is how YOU feel, not any of us : )

Thank you.

So true by the way, I'm happy.

Nyghtingale
June 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
It looks lovely either way.

Bene
June 21st, 2009, 09:57 PM
looks great, i don't see any reason for you not to stay.

can i have your hair toys? :bigeyes:

(j/k)

catfish
June 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM
looks great, i don't see any reason for you not to stay.

can i have your hair toys? :bigeyes:

(j/k)

Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa:rollin: You totally get an A for effort.

Sorry but I can still use all my hairtoys, in fact some are easier to use now with APL hair.
To make up for lack of hairtoys, let me offer you this :cookie: :D

Bene
June 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
oh, ok. i'll go sit over here with my consolation cookie http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/sadwalk.gif

i still think it looks nice :)

Pixna
June 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Heh-heh!! That was a good try, Bene!! :laugh:

feralnature
June 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Beautiful hair either way :)

Nyghtingale
June 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Ohhh, I want a cookie too.

catfish
June 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Ohhh, I want a cookie too.

Oh, by all means cookies all around. :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::c ookie::cookie: :cookie: :D

After all, for all these lovely compliments, the least I can do is show my gratitude with cookies.:p

JamieLeigh
June 23rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Well.....I guess we can let you stick around. :pinktongue: lol.

Truly, it's fabulous that you have found a length you like. After all, that's what it's all about isn't it? :)

Spike
June 23rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Last I looked, the real emphasis here was on hair care and health. Some people plan to grow to terminal, others plan to maintain at a certain length or hemline.

Sounds like you plan to maintain at APL-BSL and take good care of it while you do. :)

Stick around and share the do's that can be done at your length.

AmselJoey
June 24th, 2009, 06:12 PM
You are an inspiration to me, catfish! :)

I have been pondering cutting a few inches off my almost-to-waist length hair for a couple weeks now. Due to both healthy hair and sanity issues. I have splits galore and rarely wear it down since it's always in the way.

After hearing about how happy you are I am definitely booking an appointment soon.

Thanks! :cheese:

catfish
June 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
You are an inspiration to me, catfish! :)

I have been pondering cutting a few inches off my almost-to-waist length hair for a couple weeks now. Due to both healthy hair and sanity issues. I have splits galore and rarely wear it down since it's always in the way.

After hearing about how happy you are I am definitely booking an appointment soon.

Thanks! :cheese:

I am flattered to have inspired you:o I wish you hair happiness too:D Only cut if thats what you really want though, I thought long and hard before cutting because I knew that once I cut off 4 years worth of growth, I could not get it back soon.;)

AmselJoey
June 30th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I have definitely been giving it a lot of thought. I have been pondering this cut for almost two months now, but was just too chicken to actually book an appointment!

The shorter length will be nice for summer and much easier to style when I student teach in the fall. I know I'm ready for a change since I keep thinking about it.

Hopefully I will be as happy as you are and I will definitely post pictures afterwards! :)

Xandergrammy
June 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Silly goose, of course you can stay. We have members who are bald. It's all about what's in your heart. :heartbeat

catfish
July 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
Silly goose, of course you can stay. We have members who are bald. It's all about what's in your heart. :heartbeat

Honk honk:D Thanks.

intothemist1999
July 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
If my hair grew fast, I'd cut it shorter every summer. A lady I knew had hair that was at least BSL, sometimes waist, and she'd cut it to a bob every summer and by the following summer it was waist again! I wish!

You're hair looks really nice! :agree: