PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your hair this weekend?

Curlsgirl
June 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I MUST do a nice deep moisturizing treatment with heat. I have to work in the house because of allergies so it will be the perfect time for it. It's been TOO long since I have done it!

AnneAdeline
June 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm going to wash it. I only wash once a week, so that's tomorrow. I love having freshly washed hair, especially when I can just laze around on the weekend to let it dry.

Allergies are no fun. Hope you feel better!

rose_in_bloom
June 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm going to let it get super greasy. I washed it three days in a row earlier this week :o so I feel like I kind of need to make up for that. I washed it two days ago and I'm not going to wash it until Sunday.

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I'm taking it to the movies. We're going to see Star Trek.

Heavenly Locks
June 19th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Probably nothing :) I don't have any plans or anything... :shrug:

Spike
June 19th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Saturday is a semi-formal dinner celebration, so I'm going to do a deep oil treatment and updo with the oil left in. The oil keeps the ends from poking out and getting rowdy.

Then the thrice-weekly wash on Sunday

Finoriel
June 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
It´s midsummer :bounce: ! I will take me and my hairy head erm head of hair :wink: out, to celebrate a rainy (as usual :rolleyes: grr) shortest night of the year.
The rest of the weekend I will spend working outside, like most weekends. No time for more than throwing my hair up in the morning and forgetting about it until braiding it for the night. Exciting, huh? :silly:

MandaMom2Three
June 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I was going to do a video about a deep treatment I came up with (knowing me it's been done before :p ) but I'm impatient so I might do that today after the people coming to view the house are gone :p

MelodyGabrielle
June 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Ignore it less than I do during the week.

amaiaisabella
June 19th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I did a deep treatment the other day, but I am hoping to try out a new shampoo bar :)

Madame J
June 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm putting mine up and baking a pie on Saturday. Then covering it to go to the Farmer's Market on Sunday morning, and probably massaging Triple Moon Anointing Oil into it on Sunday night before my Monday washing.

Eden Iris
June 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Henna gloss if I can find the time.

Canarygirl
June 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Nothing! Yippee! :D

Copasetic
June 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Pretty much nothing. I work on the weekends, so I need for my hair to be dry, and with the amount of time it takes to dry, I don't get it wet on the weekends. Just put it up and leave it alone from Friday to Monday.

yogachic
June 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Wearing it up, to work, it will be way to humid all weekend.

Jinx2234
June 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think I'm going to do a hot oil treatment either tonight or tomorrow. Then after washing, I want to take an avatar picture (if my hair cooperates). Otherwise, I want to learn a new updo and take a picture of it, if I can get it right.

Nitika
June 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm doing a henna touchup. I only coat the roots. I don't like roots showing.

Carrie Ingalls
June 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Keeping it super saturated with coconut oil, in a log roll, under a Buff. :)

Yep, not very interesting but, with my job I'm not very motivated to do much else with it. I have to have it up and out of the way and I have to be outside most of the time.

banglaminerva
June 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Funny that you'd start this thread today! I'm going in for my first ever salon visit. I'm going to try the whole salon coloring route.

I started going gray 23 years ago and started bottle dying 3 years ago. Well, trying to keep up with my roots has gotten to be enough. I had a consult today and all the positive comments about Aveda seemed to fit the salon here, I'm going for it. A deep conditioning treatment and coloring.

wish me luck, please!!

Ranee
June 20th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Just did indigo! I did mis a few spots now that I look at it...

Banglaminderva, how did your salonvisit go?

Gutterfayrie
June 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Thinking about hennaing my roots tomorrow, and glossing the length.

demitasse
June 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm taking my hair out to the grocery store, bank, and post office today—completely against its will. Then it insists that we stop off for more conditioner, which it's been using like water lately. Then later tonight it will get a nice heavy oiling. Tomorrow, I'll take it out to meet some of my friends' hair for lunch, but then it'll have to stay out of the way while I get some work done.

The title of this thread made me smile. I just pictured my hair and me skipping through a sunny meadow together, enjoying each other's company.

gmdiaz
June 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Today I am trying out the Morrocco Method Zen Detox Clay treatment. lol

Then I'll shampoo and enjoy the hell out of feeling it air dry and fluff up. . .I love that.

maaria
June 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Well. I washed it this morning and let it air dry. Then I maybe oil it again before bedtime:)

banglaminerva
June 20th, 2009, 06:08 PM
The visit went very well! It even ended with the stylist telling the lady at the cash register, "not the full price... I'm just giving her a dusting." :0 she said "dusting"! Also, she started telling me to not wash for 2 days but cut herself off with "oh but you condition wash so you're fine."

I love the color though could do without the halo of color on my skin along my hairline. I also got a "deep condition" done and must find how to do it at home.

Glad to say my fears were not justified and I have no horror stories to tell. Assuming the color holds up as it should, I will go back for my roots.

GlassEyes
June 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Chopping it off. :twisted:

Okay, I'm sorry, I really couldn't resist. Most likely, tomorrow it'll be in braids yet again because of work, and I have a 10 hour shift. XD;

nancy33936
June 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM
ponytail today and washing it tomorrow.

inertia
June 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM
This weekend I'm abusing my hair. :rockerdud My favorite band is playing their last indie concerts before their major debut next week and I'm going every night. I've been washing daily (or twice daily), heat styling, headbanging, and every night it ends up a big sweaty tangle. Tonight's the last concert with a FC party afterwards, and I'm thinking of doing a complicated curled style.

Once the concerts are over I'll get a trim, which I was meaning to do anyway. So I figure it's okay if I get a few split ends from this weekend.

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I stopped off at the salon for a color touch up and she told me that my hair was in such good condition that she didn't even want to trim it! :cheese: I don't think I have EVER heard a stylist say that lol I was so happy I stopped off to pick up some more oil and a new sleep cap... I'll deep condition sometime during the week once my color is good and set.

nowxisxforever
June 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'll be trying some Lush samples I got, because I'm a bit curious. I must say, the scent of everything liquid in this little sampler pack is rather horrific, although the solids smell OK. Wish me luck...

Honey39
June 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I went out on Friday night, so I straightened my hair- it was a big night, and I didn't use a hair dryer, used loads of heat protection spray, and yeah, got out the GHDs. Astonishing how great my hair looks straightened after a year of pampering - it looked long, thick and oh so glossy. So that was nice as a treat for a special night.

Then on Saturday I put a concoction of black treacle and conditioner on my hair, and my hair is soft and miraculous today, so am very very happy with this. Hellishly messy treatment though, so it's going to be a CO-wash addition only!

NamedForTheMoon
June 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Colorfixing it, and then henna over what may come. I'm sitting here with the henna on my head right now.

jessie58
June 20th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I just touched up my roots, then put in AG Fast Food leave in conditioner and it's drying now. :)

Teazel
June 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Sunday evening here, and I've just done the Epic Wash. :D Not very epic, actually, but I clarified and SMTed my hair, which doesn't happen very often these days. Yay scalp washes!

On Friday I slathered it all with almond oil, so I'm expecting some rather nice hair when it dries. :)

rose_in_bloom
June 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Actually, I ended up washing it today because it was just TOO greasy. I couldn't stand it. So now it's all clean and happy and ready for church tomorrow.

I really don't feel bad about it because after all, I went two whole days without washing it. That's a big deal for me. :D