PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest your hair has ever been?

smerrie
June 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Just thought it would be a fun thing to ask, especially since a lot of us still have short hair!
Have any of you reached terminal?

For me, it was about waist length.. when I was six! :p

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Haven't been to terminal yet, but I was at knee in my mid to late 30s.

Chanteuse87
June 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Mine was longest at a point between waist and hip, probably when I was in the seventh grade or so. Then it went between BSL and waist until I turned 18 and chopped it off to chin :) Which I loved, btw -- unfortunately, I'm much too poor for that kind of upkeep, so I'm growing it out to waist or hip, until I get bored of it!

chrissy-b
June 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=560) is another thread with a bunch of responses to this very question. Hope you enjoy!

Heavenly Locks
June 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM
This was about 5 years ago - longest ever! (that I remember) It was at mid back (between BSL and waist)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2522&pictureid=31265

a few weeks before I went color crazy, you can see it blowing behind my elbow there -

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2522&pictureid=40083

It's about that long right now :) I am happy that I will be breaking a 'personal best' record!

coolbreeze212
June 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Well, my longest bits are at BSL right now, and I thought that was the longest it's ever been.

But then recently I was looking through my wedding album for a certain picture. Turns out, I was definitely at BSL when I married (nearly 18 years ago)...so I guess I haven't ever truly passed my longest length yet...although I desperately want to!! :pray:

viking_quest
June 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
The longest it's ever been is right now at APL.

suicides_eve
June 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
waist before the bleach..

feralnature
June 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Waist as a child.

First ever haircut was at age 17. Went from waist to a layered "Gypsy" in 1974.

ladylibra
June 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I had a lot of hair as a kid. Apparently, 30 inches of hair? 33 inches? Sheesh I don't even remember! :rolleyes: I was always in 1 to 4 braids and my hair would shrink up quite a bit (yes, even in braids, even with a relaxer). I remember when I was in the bathtub and it was soaking wet, it was pretty far down my back. My mom and aunt swear that when/if straightened, it was long enough for me to sit on. But kids are short so... that's not saying much. :laugh:

Otherwise, I'm at my longest length right now. The front of my hair which used to be bangs/fringe back in the day and wouldn't grow past my chin, is now APL. And the back of my hair made it to MBL, now it's probably BSL again after my self-trimming. I highly doubt I've reached term. :D

BlndeInDisguise
June 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
The length it is now--56 1/2 inches. :)

jojo
June 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Waist for me which was 3.5 years ago, then a hairdresser didnt know what 4 inches was and ended up cutting about 34 inches off and I was a layered bob which was cropped at the back, now I am just 3" off waist and I am hoping to reach classic length within the next 5 years....hopefully!

rovylern
June 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
My longest was just out of high school, when it was waist-length. Since then I've made it to BSL twice before chopping.

krissykins
June 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The longest I've had it was probably waist length about three and a half years ago. I don't remember exact measurements...

myotislucifugus
June 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM
See my siggy. Seem to be one of the few that didn't have long hair as a kid. It was a ghastly bowl cut for my childhood.

Ash
June 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
My current length :) Before I shaved my head it was slightly below waist which was at that time the longest it had been.

rose_in_bloom
June 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Somewhere between hip and classic, I believe. I was 12 or 13 when I cut to waist. Then about a year later I cut to APL and got a body wave. 6 months later I hacked it up to chin length. :(

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM
APL age 14.

Denebi
June 20th, 2009, 05:10 AM
My longest was midback in teenage days. I don't know exactly how long it was, it's difficult to say. I do have only front pictures, where you cannot see that much of the hair.

I'm now somewhere at midback also, on my way to waist. And waist will definitely be the longest I ever had. Can't wait to reach it!

AnneAdeline
June 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
The length I am now, just past waist.
Before now, it had *maybe* reached BSL a few years before?

shortgoinglong
June 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Probably as a teen when my hair was hip length but I have a very long body so it was long.

curls2grow
June 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM
For me, it was BSL when I was in elementary school.

mira-chan
June 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Current length is the longest (plus/minus an inch or so).

inertia
June 20th, 2009, 11:16 AM
My longest was TB without layers, in late 2004. Then I got frustrated by how hard it was to manage and cut it up to SL.

Shufro
June 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
The longest ive had was waist when i was 16.
My friend who is a hairdresser forced me to come to cut my hair because i had a thousand split ends from the damage of the flatiron! The funny thing is that i didnt care about my hair and it had grown til waist but it looks much better now when i know how to take care about it :)
I cant wait until i hit waist agaaain <3

Angela_Rose
June 20th, 2009, 06:13 PM
44 inches... oh! that's where I am now! This current length is my longest ever.:cheese:

nancy33936
June 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
The longest for me was bottom of butt when I was in HS, Was talked into getting it cut to shoulder and regretted it ever since.

Debra83
June 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM
:cry: sniff. waist length.

:disgust: twice.

:wail:

carinkla
June 21st, 2009, 02:24 AM
Its now currently the longest it has ever been..partly already fingertip lenght

AnnaMarie
June 21st, 2009, 02:37 AM
I've just been looking at some old pics today actually! It was at its longest when I was about seven, it was tailbone length :) I wonder if I'll get there again :p

hennaphile
June 21st, 2009, 02:57 AM
classic! I want to get back there soon!

Kiraela
June 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Right now is, unequivocably, the longest my hair has ever been - lengthwise, or where-it-falls-on-the-body wise. (I have no words for how excited I am by that fact, btw...)

MsBubbles
June 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Where I am now, a bit below BSL.

enfys
June 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
A bit past classic, 2006ish.

I. Will. Get. Back. There.

Charlotte
June 22nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
The longest my fine mousy highlighted hair has ever been is right now (almost at waist). I hope to reach at least tailbone before it decides to terminate. No more highlighting!!! :D

Kelsey89
June 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
I think it was around APL when I was 14. Ever since I've been at shoulder or slightly below shoulder length.

Buggheart
June 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Right now mine is the longest it's ever been. It's about an inch longer than my siggie pic. I almost scheduled an appointment to cut it this week to shoulder length as it's really hot and bugging me, but I'd like to see if I can get it to waist length first and then decide.

Aries_jb
June 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Between BSL and waist when curly almost two years ago. It was about tailbone length soaking wet. That's where I'm hoping to end up again only this time with healthy hair.

scotishlass
June 23rd, 2009, 04:06 AM
My longest when i was 5 and it was so curly/crazy that i cried every morning with the combing for school so it eventaully got chopped when i was about 9 to shoulder
I dream of having bsl again!! :)

dearladydisdain
June 23rd, 2009, 05:04 AM
Touching my thighs...I was 18.

Curlsgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Right now is definitely the longest ever! The next longest was somewhere just under BSL back in middle school.

JamieLeigh
June 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
Mine was nearly at my knees, about 12 years ago. I miss it, lol. I'm within about 8" of it again, though. :D

vdhendrix
June 25th, 2009, 12:30 AM
the longest my hair has ever been was half way down my butt but then i got a big trim but now its back to the top of my bum

aksown
June 25th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Right now it's the same length it was before I had to chop 4" of damage, a year or so ago. Next month, without a stall, it'll be the longest it's ever been at MBL. YAHOO!!! :D

buzzbee34
June 25th, 2009, 02:16 AM
the longest i have had my hair was to the back of my knees in a braid when i was 5. My mother cut and kept the pony for years after. (I had come in once again complaining that i was hot and she took out the scissors and chopped it off and we both cried for days about it.) post partum depression at its finest. :P (my brother had just been born)

ColoradoDreamer
June 25th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Twice in my life I've had my hair to reach just past my waist. When I was a child and again as a teen. I got my first real hair cut (not just a trim) when I was 7. My mother had just gotten a job and wouldn't be at home in the mornings to put my hair up for me. I bawled when the stylist cut and kept on cutting. I started letting my hair grow out the summer after eighth grade, and except for a few trims, didn't get a hair cut until I was 21. Since then, my hair has reached BSL a couple of times before I'd cut it.

AlleyKitten
June 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Mine is the longest it's ever been right now (past tailbone, not long enough to sit on), it's passed where it was in January 08 just before a three-inch "trim". The ends are getting pretty gnarly, though, I think I'll have to trim it again soon and lose the "longest ever" status.

kam984420
June 26th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Mine is the longest its ever been right now. (Not even shoulder length) :( I had always had short hair till i joined this site and now that's changing.:cheese:

82exoticbeauty
July 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM
The longest hair that has ever been was 2 years ago of June 2007! My first time ever to have grown up to classic length (but the problem was bad blonde over bleach half of my hair-was dark brown to bleach blonde). So right now I am at the point of growing long and healthy to classic again! It is because with the help of of this LHC forum website and all members of this site who post great ideas of how to take care of the hair and stuff! I want to thank all of those who posted really great ideas about hair, vitamins, and oil for the hair!:hollie:;)

And oh yeah, my hair is no longer have any blonde color anymore, it's back to brown growing to natural color of dark brown!;)

eadwine
July 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Longest ever is now. :)

prittykitty
July 25th, 2009, 01:46 AM
At my waist until around age 13 when I got a Farrah Fawcett full feathered haircut in the late 1970's

Renbirde
July 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Mine was classic when I was a twirp (~4yo), and it was down to the widest part of my hip this winter. (And then I choped off eight inches... yes. Rip-brushing, FTW. Not doing that anymore, hopefully no more velcro-ends.) I'm an inch or three away from there still.

RavennaNight
July 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
My hair is the longest it has ever been today. It will be marginally, microscopically longer tomorrow. I can't wait!:D