PDA

View Full Version : Oil in the hair..

maaria
June 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I have oild my hair two times now, before bedtime.
In the morning when I wake up the oil is gone!
Where did it go?:confused:
In the pillow case?? Some body who can answer?

Heavenly Locks
June 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I'd be willing to bet that some went into your linens and the rest was absorbed by your hair and scalp :) Yay!

thankyousir74
June 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
It really depends how much oil you put on, but if you put in the correct amount, I'm pretty sure your hair drank it up. Hair can get pretty thirsty after all :D

maaria
June 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Okej, that was exact what I was hoping ;)

CindyLea1
June 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I second that. I would bet your hair absorbed most of it. Does your hair feel any different in the morning? Maybe just easier to detangle?

What oil are you using? I use coconut oil, and if I go light on it; none gets on my pillow case because my hair soaks it in.

Kanntara
June 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
What kind of did you use? I did my first oiling last night and it was mostly gone this morning as well. I slept with it in a rope braid and even the hair in the inside of the braid was pretty dry so I assume it was soaked into the hair instead of on the pillowcase :cheese:

If you used coconut oil, could you tell me where you got it about how much you paid for it xD I'm going over for a 3 month visit the end of next month and don't want to bring my jar back and forth and my boyfriend is clueless about where to get it xD (He is in southern Sweden so I'm hoping, if it was coconut oil, you can point me in the right direction!).

:blossom:

rach
June 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
hair says yum yum.

ladylibra
June 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
What kind of did you use? I did my first oiling last night and it was mostly gone this morning as well. I slept with it in a rope braid and even the hair in the inside of the braid was pretty dry so I assume it was soaked into the hair instead of on the pillowcase :cheese:

I was wondering this as well. Olive oil soaks into my hair pretty quickly...

maaria
June 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I used olive oil, havent found coconut oil yet.
My hair felt much stronger in the morning:)
but yesterday I think I took too much because it felt so greasy.
My bangs was dry when I got up from bed, more oil??
The healthstore had "lunchclosed" when I was in town so I could not ask if their had any coconut oil.
I want to try jojoba and shea as well, but that I think I had to buy in the bigger town nearby.:o

Honey39
June 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
My hair absorbs oil quite easily - tell you what, to check this out 'scientifically', put oil on your hair in the morning, put it up, and see if it's the same in the evening (IE absorbed) - if it is, then you'll know it's your hair soaking up the oil, and not your bed linen :)

Fractalsofhair
June 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Most likely your hair. I would suggest changing your pillowcase weekly though, because a small amount will be absorbed by it and well, a greasy pillowcase isn't fun! Hair needs oil and absorbs it well, and it's great that your hair didn't look greasy in the morning! That's a sign you put the right amount in! :)

Heavenly Locks
June 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
If you used coconut oil, could you tell me where you got it about how much you paid for it xD

I get mine at either wal-mart or GNC vitamin store. :)

I pay about 10$ for 16 oz of it....

Rexall brand at Wal-Mart looks like this and is found in the vitamin section -

http://www.sobejogger.com/images/Supplements/2009/IMG_1657.JPG

this is the GNC organic brand "emerald laboratories"

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134125

hennaphile
June 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM
When I oil at night, I have a very silly looking little bonnet to keep it from getting on my pillow case. You might try one of those in the future.

Kanntara
June 20th, 2009, 08:54 PM
My boyfriend had found this page...

http://www.dietshop.e-butik.se/?artnr=658010111416

But that seems awfully pricey compared to what I'd pay for it here.

First thing I'm going to do when I get there is wander around ICA :P won't be until the beginning of August tho.

Kanntara
June 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I get mine at either wal-mart or GNC vitamin store. :)

Thanks :cheese: I found some at walmart here stateside, but I'm unsure where I'll go when I finally move to Sweden where Maaria lives :cool:.

maaria
June 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
Thanx everbody for your tips:DKanntara: I hope I will found a shop here in sweden where to buy coconut oil, and I will directly write it down here so you get the information ;)

JamieLeigh
June 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
If your hair is anything like mine, it's probably thirsty and drank it all up! I can oil and put it into an updo in the morning...by evening, my hair feels normal and dry-ish again. Mine drinks oil like I used to drink coffee!! :p

I use coconut oil also...I got mine at Walmart, in the cooking oil section, right next to the olive oil and vegetable oils.

Curlsgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
My hair loves coconut oil as well! I don't use as much as I did at first though so your amount may change as your hair gets more moisturized. I can kind of tell by feeling of it how much it needs and will soak up now after so long. Olive oil doesn't do quite as well on my hair as coconut oil, seems to be a little too heavy.

rogue_psyche
June 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
My hair drank up almond oil like that once. The only difference was that I oiled before work and braided it. After my eight hour shift the oil was absorbed and my ends felt re-virginized until I washed again.

feralnature
June 23rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
My hair drinks up coconut oil.

I use LouAna Coconut Oil from Walmart out of the baking section. It is 31.5 ounces and costs about $8.00.

Link for a pic of the container:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZoODepKeb3g/SXqt1Xd9OmI/AAAAAAAACBo/Dfd0ErMxz60/s200/louana.jpg