PDA

View Full Version : Poo bar users........a question please..

whiteisle
June 19th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Do you/can you use a regular conditioner (say, Aussie Moist?)instead of a vinegar rinse without complication?

taliarose
June 19th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I use poo bars and don't use conditioner or av rinses. I oil while it's still damp. I've had (for me) amazing results and would never go back to conditioners... I only use conditioner when I henna and that's becuase it makes it easier for me to get all the henna out...

You can use regular conditioners. It all depends on what your hair likes best. If your hair is loving the poo bars and conditioner go for it. Your hair will let you know what it wants. And your pic looks looks healthy to me. ;)

swirlytresses
June 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I use conditioner with poo bars every time I wash. I only do a vinegar rinse occassionally, when I remember, without problems. Hope this helps. :)

Bene
June 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
i condition and do an ACV rinse every time i wash my hair, including times with shampoo bars.

Calista
June 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I use a vinegar rinse religiously with my poo bars and condition every once in a while. I do a vinegar rinse also when I condition.

BlndeInDisguise
June 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I don't use poo bars anymore, but when I did, I rinsed with vinegar and then conditioned afterwards. My hair needs more moisture than just what the vinegar and water could do.

MandaMom2Three
June 19th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I do my acid rinse after the poo bar, religiously :p. hair feels to yuckky if I dont. I then follow with my usual conditioner. I wasn't sure is a poo bar would get rid of cone build up, but I don't use cones anymore anyway so it's working out wonderfully

Madame J
June 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I've never done it regularly, but while at a conference I used Kiss My Face Whenever conditioner instead of a vinegar rinse and it gave me the same results as vinegar. And smelled nicer. But I didn't try it long-term, since I prefer the low-waste of ACV rinsing.

RancheroTheBee
June 19th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I didn't use vinegar, ever. It worked fine without it for me.

Eden Iris
June 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I use conditioner on the ends after the poo bar and before the vinegar. When my hair was shoulder length and I used cone-having styling products, I only conditioned, never used vinegar, and everything was fine.

Cantabile
June 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Hmmm, I think it would be fine. It certainly can't hurt to try. I prefer ACV after every wash, with the occasional usage of conditioner.

rose_in_bloom
June 19th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I use a light conditioner (like suave or vo5 after washing with poo bars, partly for scent and partly for conditioning.

ETA: I always use some kind of acid rinse (usually citric acid) because I have very hard water.

myotislucifugus
June 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I actually just experimented, I was a tad paranoid about putting anything with cones in my hair after I got over the adjustment period, but it seems to be fine (see siggy pic). I have wavy hair, and the Aussie seems to have stretched out a bit of my normal texture, but no scary icky shampoo problems. Good luck with your attempts.

rovylern
June 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I always use a small amount of cone-free conditioner after the 'poo bar. The kiddo and I both have very fine hair that breaks super-easily, so a tiny bit of conditioner just makes it easier to minimize breakage when our hair dries and I comb it out.

Moonstruck
June 20th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I have very hard water as well, and find it necessary to use an acid rinse no matter what. I generally condition my hair too - before or after the rinse seems to make no significant difference. My hair is often pretty well behaved though, so skipping conditioner isn't a big deal.... but skipping the acid is godawful because of my hard water.

sagebabies
June 20th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I use Aubrey Organics honey stuckle rose conditioner after I use my poo bar. I don't use an acv rinse. I experimented with it but my scalp doesn't like acv.

Neoma
June 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I have been using SCH bars with bottle conditioner with great success. I've used cone-free conditioners and cone-filled conditioners, including Avalon Organics Peppermint and Origin's Knot Free.

Conventional wisdom says that you should use cones with shampoo bars, but I haven't had any problems at all.

Most of the time, I don't use a vinegar rinse. With SCH bars, I don't need one. With some other makers' bars, I did.