PDA

View Full Version : Unique and easy braid

Morrighan
June 19th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry if this has been posted before or if it's already in a article. I tried to look through them but there's just to much! lol.

I think this braid style is cute and looks really easy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23T5rHQlPwQ&feature=channel

Heavenly Locks
June 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Isn't that CUTE!? I bookmarked it a little while ago. Someone here has their hair done like that for their avatar photo and I am just ENVIOUS of it :) It's fantastic. I think it's one of the styles I am most anxious to do when I get more length. If I did it now, I bet my braids would only be 6 inches long! LOL Part of the nifty-ness is the pattern and you need longer braids to see the full effect I think.

melrose1985
June 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Once my hair is long enough that looks like something i could try. I really like that.

CindyLea1
June 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
:p My braids used to look like that by accident when I was learning to braid. :p

Who know I was YEARS ahead of the fashion curve. ;)

That does look very funky and fun! Thanks for the post.

jel
June 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
That looks really cute - but though it appears easy on the video, I know that my fingers will get confuzzled! :silly:

Still, seems like a young, fun look... I'll definitely try it one of these days!

Heidi_234
June 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM
That looks really cute - but though it appears easy on the video, I know that my fingers will get confuzzled! :silly:

Still, seems like a young, fun look... I'll definitely try it one of these days!
Nothing to get confuzzled over :p
The whole idea is to take 2 very very thin parts and 1 very very think one. Due to layers, the end of my braid always looks like this... :rolleyes:

AnneAdeline
June 19th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Nothing to get confuzzled over :p
The whole idea is to take 2 very very thin parts and 1 very very think one. Due to layers, the end of my braid always looks like this... :rolleyes:
That happens to me, too!

I've tried this braid before, but it is hard for me to get the strands the right size. And then I end up with a really long tassel.

RoseRedDead
June 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
AprilElf has her hair done this way in her siggy, I believe. That might even be her in the video.

coolbreeze212
June 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting this, Morrighan. Very cute.

Deborah
June 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
What a fun idea! I'll try that for sure, at least for around the house. I think a braided bun made with this style braid could look very interesting. :)

Gumball
June 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
AprilElf has her hair done this way in her siggy, I believe. That might even be her in the video.

Not her in the video, but you're spot on about her having done that style. It turned out great on both people!

RoseRedDead
June 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Not her in the video, but you're spot on about her having done that style. It turned out great on both people!

Oh, okay. :p I was guessing; nice to know I got at least half right.

Savvyhorsez
June 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
What a neat braid! I'll have to try it and see how it goes!

Thanks for posting this!:)

feralnature
June 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks! It looks like something I can actually do :)

fishwich
June 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
So simple! I love this.

My hair's a little too slippery for it, though--I end up with what's basically a wrapped ponytail. Which looks very cool in its own right, mind you--just not quite as much fun.

WritingPrincess
June 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'll have to do that on purpose, then. My problem is if I don't get the strands almost exactly even, the thinner ones run out long before the thick one. Is there a remedy for this?

Bunnyhare
June 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
That is really fun! I wish i could do it but all my layers make most braiding look like i stuck my finger in a socket !

naomimcc
June 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
:p My braids used to look like that by accident when I was learning to braid. :p

Who know I was YEARS ahead of the fashion curve. ;)

That does look very funky and fun! Thanks for the post.

:rollin:

Same here!

rovylern
June 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I've done a similar braid, just not pulled as tight so the thick strands didn't pop out as much. I'll have to try it again in the tighter style, that looks really cute.

bugeyedmonster2
June 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
My problem is if I don't get the strands almost exactly even, the thinner ones run out long before the thick one. Is there a remedy for this?

Pull a little bit from the thicker strand as the thinner one gets shorter.

(^_^)/
BEM

JKRBeloved
June 19th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Very cute, different, and young (probably too young for me to wear... but that wouldn't stop me from at least trying it sometime). I wonder what would be a good name for it... or does it have a name already?