PDA

View Full Version : Curls gone :-(

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM
my hair always used to be wavy. But in Australia in March I had it thinned and then again here in April. It seems to have reduced the curl Then I did bleaching and conventional dye followed by henna. I know henna can lessen curl but there are plenty of people with beautiful heads of curly hennaed hair here.
I have gone CO and don't use silicones, I don't know what else to do.
Any ideas on how I can get my curl back or is it gone forever?

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Have you tried curly girl or plopping? Coconut oil? Does your hair feel dry? Sometimes curls just need some more coaxing :)

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 04:04 AM
What's curly girl? No I haven't tried plopping. I'm afraid my hair HATES coconut oil.

brok3nwings
June 19th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Its very possible that thinning , bleaching and henna has made your hair significantly less wavy. If that really happened i just think you shouls use it straight for a while unless the plopping method result but again i dont think it would in straight hair... you have to be careful with frizz cause if your hair is damaged (i dont know if it is) it has more tendency to frizz. Good luck!

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
What's curly girl? No I haven't tried plopping. I'm afraid my hair HATES coconut oil.

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

Have you tried any other oils? Give curly girl a shot for a week or so and see how it goes :)

HairColoredHair
June 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I'd plug it with a lot of moisture, the bleach/dye combo may have sapped it, which often kills curl.

On the other hand, your hair may have changed some, it does happen, but wavy/straight is pretty too. :)

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

Have you tried any other oils? Give curly girl a shot for a week or so and see how it goes :)
Tried the whole plopping thing last n ight, no result. I read the curly girl article and seem to be doing everything they said; maybe it's just this length and things will change. I don't hate it, I just wondered what has happened. But it does seem to have been quite weirdly cut. I'm not sure what thinning is but it seems to have made it kind of lumpy???:)
I haven't tried any other oils. Am moisturising with shea butter and aloe gel.

Toadstool
June 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I'd plug it with a lot of moisture, the bleach/dye combo may have sapped it, which often kills curl.

On the other hand, your hair may have changed some, it does happen, but wavy/straight is pretty too. :)
Thank you, am moisturising a lot which makes it feel much nicer even if it looks the same!
And thank you for suggesting it might still look pretty:)