PDA

View Full Version : Updos for my length?

chelssix
June 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I'm having some trouble finding updos for my length. I'm a couple of inches away from waist now, and it seems like my hair is too long for a few of the styles I did an inch- an inch and a half ago. (The infinity bun, the flipped bun, possibly even the lazy wrap bun.) I think my hair will grow out another couple of inches and be long enough to do them again, but they just do not work for this stage. I can do a cinnabun, but I want more variety!
Any suggestions?

(Note: my avatar is not really current, as far as how long my hair is.)

Deborah
June 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
You can still do the buns you have enjoyed in the past. You may just have to add one more twist or turn to make it turn out beautifully. We get in the habit of exactly how we style our hair, and that extra length makes it feel more difficult at first. Honestly though, at your length it just takes a small mental adjustment, and maybe a tiny tweak of what you have been doing, and it will be lovely again. Really. :)

chelssix
June 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Okay, I'll try it.... it's just hard!

Dreamernz
June 18th, 2009, 11:30 PM
And if all else fails, that's what bobby pins were invented for :D Plus plaits work on any length :D:D:D

chelssix
June 18th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I've been doing plaits a lot lately- I just like being able to put it up with a stick- so easy!
Actually, I have a flipped bun in right now, and it's staying really well, so at least there is one style I can still do!

Melisande
June 19th, 2009, 02:53 AM
I'm at hiplength and I can still do the flipped bun (love it). Maybe I have thinner hair than you have but - give it a try! You may have to "turn back" more coils in order to find place for the larger bun but this bun should work for alll lengths.

You may need to try different hairtoys, though. Forks with more prongs or longer sticks or some scroos inserted in strategic places. God excuse for a shopping spree :lol:

hellkitty
June 19th, 2009, 07:05 AM
My hair is classic and I can do all of those styles: flipped bun, lazy wrap, etc. Of course my hair is thinner than yours. I do have to either cross hairsticks or use a fork to get the styles to stay.

You might try styles that 'eat up' more hair, like a nautilus bun or the long version Karen Lynn knot or a chain bun? Or the equilibrium bun? One of my favorite super lazy buns is to take a braid, fold it a few times flat against my head, and Flexi8 it. Looks good no matter how sloppily I do it or where the braid tassel ends up.

I'm just guessing. But they might work.

And yes, hairtoys!

HK

chelssix
June 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM
@hellkitty:
Thanks! I think I will be able to do all of those styles again, it's almost like they need a couple more inches for the ends to behave. So, I've grown out of them, but I will grow back into them.