PDA

View Full Version : Little Black Dots

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Could we possibly have the little black dot back that showed up inside the colored circle when we had replied to a thread? I am so confused trying to remember which threads I've replied to and which I intend to reply to.

Jennifer
March 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Added to the to do list, Carolyn.

Ursula
March 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Right now, I think that threads you've replied to are showing in a dark grey text, rather than black. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it's my guess. But still bold, if there is new material.

ETA:

I went through a "Today's Posts" search, and I'm pretty sure that is what is happening. No good way to tell for posts that don't have new material since you last read them, however, unless there is another cue that I'm missing.

ETA 2: Change that. Dark grey bold means new material and you've looked at the thread before, it seems. Which is not the same information as the little black dots, but it might make it easier to sort out "threads I'm interested in" and either see responses to what you wrote or be remineded to write what you intended.

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I think the threads you have not opened or looked at are in bold black letters in the title. If you have opened the thread, the letters turn bold and gray. I can't tell any difference in threads I have read and replied to and in threads I've only read.

Thanks Jenn! I thought the little black dots really helped me keep track of things.

Broken Angel
March 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Currently the graphic that is used to show that you have posted in that thread appears to be the same as the one that means No new posts. See legend below:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/BrokenAngel73/LHC/LHC-legend.jpg

It shouldn't take too much to change this, and as Jennifer said, it is on the to-do list. In the mean time, I believe that we can subscribe to any threads that we have post in, to make sure that we are aware of any further posting, until such time that the graphics can be replaced. Then you can easily unsubscribe from those threads from the UserCP.