PDA

View Full Version : 3-year-old with long hair...

Florida Mom
April 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Not my 3-year-old, but a friend of hers, has beautiful wavy blonde hair that is classic length! It is unbelievable! My daughter's hair is no where near as long!

HairColoredHair
April 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Some children are just blessed with hair that grows very fast, right from the start. :)

rockstarmommy
April 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM
sdfghjkldfgbhnjkmt

rubyredslippers
April 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM
That would be gorgeous!

As a child I was not so lucky, I had really slow-growing hair. By junior kindergarten it was shoulder-length and the only part that had been cut was the bangs. Thankfully, it grows faster now.;)

angelthadiva
April 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I take extra special care of DD6's hair. She has only had one real (professional) cut (actually a trim) in her life; and it's almost at her waist now. She has no split ends AT ALL. Her natural hair color is gorgeous, it's a beautiful walnut color w/reddish highlights when the sun hits it just right...I've learned a lot about hair care since joining here and use what I've learned on both of us...

Patrycja
April 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Lucky mom! I would love to have a little girl so I can do her hair in pretty little updos.Don't want all the squirming though :D

angelthadiva
April 9th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Lucky mom! I would love to have a little girl so I can do her hair in pretty little updos.Don't want all the squirming though :D
I love being a mommie to a little girl--No squirming, AT ALL!! When I do her hair, she sits very patiently...Even if I'm doing tutorials, she will sit...I occasionally corn row or box braid her hair and secure the ends w/beads...Think Bo Derrick in 10...That takes hours and hours, she will sit and not be grumpy! I AM BLESSED! :D

jojo
April 9th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I love long hair on little girls, my daughter had hip length at 4 years old and then one night she snipped it herself to near enough an inch all over, i cried so much and made sure the scissors where well and truly out of harms way from then on.

Ms Monnie
April 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
My hair didn't grow at all until I was three! I looked like a boy :o. What a lucky little girl.

SpiralingWaves
April 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
My daughter is three and up until today had hair that was down to her lower back, just below waist. It had never been cut since the day she was born. But the ends started snagging and tangling very badly. I tried coconut oil soaks on her ends overnight. But once her hair was washed, it tangled. I'd put them in braids and those darn ends would knot up badly. And she was getting to a point where she started disliking her hair. So today, I gave her a 3 inch trim ... well I guess you'd call it a cut actually ... which brought her hair up to mid-back. My girl is very active, she wiggles horribly, so her hemline is a bit uneven but still looks pretty good. It's funny, she looks so much bigger to me now that her hair is shorter. We've had a little talk about her hair and she wants it to grow longer. So longer it will be. :grin:

AshleyP
April 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
My daughter has really long hair too. Shes 16 months and its reaching her shoulder blades. And shes had it cut (only about an inch of odd length that reminded me to much of Carol Bradys hair). :P

Kirin
April 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
i have two little girls, well one not so little , 13 and 10. Both have long hair, though not classic! The 13 year old has past bra strap length hair, about three inches to waist, that is thick, dark blonde, and wavy wavy. Now if i could keep her on her regime so it doesnt look soaking wet with grease all the time. Ugh!

the 10 year old has just past bra strap length faintly wavy nordic blonde hair, that she takes METICULOUS care of..... she's worse than me lol. No tangles, super shiney, super particular about her shampoo and condish lol. She will "only" use the body shop "cherry blossom" shampoo and conditioner, and I have to agree, everything else makes her hair dry and tangly.

The older doesnt want me "fussing" with her hair.... which is usually knotty and oily and.... well, ugh most of the time unless she's forced lol. The younger one though, wants me to brush it, braid it, detangle it, oil it lol..... anything i can think of to make it "luscious".

So different they are!

morningstar
April 10th, 2008, 10:51 AM
My 5 year olds have tail bone length hair. They were bald for the first year of their life. I am slowly trimming away the fine baby hairs at the ends. They have only had about 3" taken in their life. I came here to LHC without the intention to grow my hair but to learn how to take care of theirs. LOL

Ohio Sky
April 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
My DD just turned 4 last month, and hers is almost hip. It was pretty much there but she went to grandmas house and her cousin (who is a year younger) decided to trim for her... I had to take off 3 inches to even it back out, so now shes between waist and hip.
She has beautiful hair though, a deep golden blonde, thick, full, grows fast, and loves everything I do to it. I so hope she doesnt want to cut it when she gets older. I will cry.

lora410
April 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
My dd is 5 and she is only a little past APL when pulled straight and shoulder when curly. Poor kid is the slowest grower on the planet apparently. She didn't get any REAL hair until she was past 1yr.Lately thought her hair has been growing like mad.We both want hip length hair. I so love having a girl:cloud9:

almudena
April 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I have been cutting my DS3 hair every month since he was born. His first haircut was when he was about 15 days old. His hair growth rate is scary. I don't know how long his hair would be now if we had let it grow. On the contrary his little brother is almost 8 months and no hair.

Love little girls with long hair :)

SHELIAANN1969
April 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I take extra special care of DD6's hair. She has only had one real (professional) cut (actually a trim) in her life; and it's almost at her waist now. She has no split ends AT ALL. Her natural hair color is gorgeous, it's a beautiful walnut color w/reddish highlights when the sun hits it just right...I've learned a lot about hair care since joining here and use what I've learned on both of us...

Your daughters hair is beautiful and so is she, I have seen pics that you posted and she is adorrrrrrrable!!! She has THE cutest lil smile.

AshleyP
April 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Wait.. time to make some people jealous. :p

My 16 month olds hair... in French braids.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/100_9818.jpg

Alethia
April 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Your friend's daughter's hair sounds lovely, but do not despair. Kids are like adults their hair grows at individual rates.

My daughter was born with a head thick with short, straight, black hair. That fell out and then she grew in thick, curly mid-brown hair. She had a hair of big curls by the time she was 1, shoulder length by 2, and APL by 3 with some trims. I don't know how long it would have been had I left it completely alone.

My daughter now has below BSL length hair. I've cut it several times to keep it easier to control (she hates having it brushed or combed) but now she's decided to grow it because she likes mine. I've told her that I'm happy for her to have her hair however she wants, but if she wants it long, she HAS to look after it better. She also hated having it washed so I thought, "Why fight this when so many people want and struggle to go SO?" I suggested it to her and she's quite happy. Her hair looks fine and I haven't washed it for 2 months now. No greasies, controllable scalp gunk. It's great! I have advised her not to divulge this to class mates or their mums though as most people wouldn't understand that it is not a form of neglect, just a different type of care. She still gets baths or showers as often for the rest of her body.

Ohio Sky
April 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
This was back around August, but its the most recent pic I have that actually shows her hair length. Her hair was a bit longer before it was cut.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x81/ohiosky_2007/az.jpg

WritingPrincess
April 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I had peach fuzz until after I was 2, and my mom says that one time I was sitting next to a girl who was my age. I had peach fuzz, and she had long hair (I'm guessing at least BSL). I looked like a baby, and she looked much older. :D Your friend's daughter's hair sounds beautiful.

Morningglory
May 28th, 2008, 11:49 PM
My baby girl is 27 months her hair has never been cut and it looks like a pixie cut with curls, her bangs are shorter and one long curl in the very back hangs to the end of her neck. I don't mind because I want to never cut her hair. This way I can just let it grow and I won't have to worry about it being too hard to handle or being too long until she is a little bigger. She will have a really cute fairy tale V hemline curly brown fine long hair. I love it and I love her soooo much. This is the shortest her hair will ever be.....

Saranne772
May 29th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I love it when little girls have long hair :D I so hope I have a daughter in the future who can grow her hair :D

Tap Dancer
May 29th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I love little girls with long hair. I always smile when I see them in a store. :love:

mommy101405
May 29th, 2008, 06:29 PM
My older dd is 2 1/2. I wonder if she'll hit waist by her 3rd birthday :cheese:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/courtneyac/DSC01485.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/courtneyac/DSC01522.jpg

whiteisle
May 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM
My little girl just turned 2 and has the wildest red hair! She looks like Medusa in the mornings shudder:! She's got some curls going on but when it's wet it reaches close to what might be BSL. Since finding this site due to my own interest in growing out, I'm learning how to take better care of her hair too. I hope she'll take an interest as she gets older. Right now, she'll let me wash it and comb it but none of that updo stuff for her! Whatever I might convince her to do, she rips out before I can blink.:thud:

AshleyP
May 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I managed to get my one year olds hair into a bun. Hehe.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/100_0245.jpg

Crazy hair... some days I just can't control it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/100_0321.jpg
:rolleyes:

And at its craziest.... haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/haleys.jpg

I'll tell you what - its a pain trying to keep food out of her hair. Anytime she eats anything - her hair gets covered in it. She would need at least two baths a day to keep her hair clean.

Tartlette
May 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm so envious of you all! My 10yr DD hates her hair and any type of hair care. It's very curly and after years of fighting with her, we finally got it all cut off. I thought she'd hate it but nope.. if it grows even a quarter inch she wants it lopped off. Most is less then two inches long and it's still a fight to get her to finger comb it.

*sigh*

julya
May 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM
My son is 3.5 and his hair is lovely. Never been cut, it's light blonde and curly. It's about shoulder length curly, and to the middle of his back wet.

It's amazing to me how he has no split ends at all. He's only been shampooed a couple of times, he's mostly a WO kind of kid.

talula_fairie
May 30th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Man! My three and a half year old is still practically at pixie length.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2126/2495932240_6ff479861b_o.jpg

Eireann
May 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
How cute!! My niece was born with a full thick head of hair that never fell out. When she was just days old, she looked like she was sporting a little Jennifer Aniston shag! Now she's in her teens, and has beautiful classic length hair with natural honey colored highlights (and she's had it cut a few times along the way). Lucky genes, I guess. (I hope she gets it from my side of the family.)

girlcat36
May 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Three years old with classic length is amazing!
It took my daughter 10 years(no trimming ever) to get to classic. I loved it, since I couldn't grow my own hair.
Then she insisted on having it cut. I hated that day....now it hasn't been past APL in the last 10 years.

sapphire-o
May 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I just saw a little girl in a playground with thick, wavy calf length hair! She looked no older than 7. :o And she's playing with it loose. It's totally amazing!

I wish I have a girl. My sons have beautiful hair that's thick, strong and shiny. They're such good hair types for growing it long.

Patty lou
June 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM
I have 2 DD's and have always kept their hair in braids, neither one ever complains each morning when we sit down for the braiding, I try to keep their hair no longer than waist length when braided as I don't want them sitting on their hair, breakage etc.
I believe when you start at a early age they don't get as restless and they accept
this as part of their daily routine.
It also gives us some "bonding " time.

Patty lou

Saranne772
June 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM
My friends younger sister has the most gorgeous hair colour. Her is very fine and very thin and grows SO slowly. She has just turned 5 and this is her hair length in December
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Saranne772/lorena.jpg

rhubarbarin
June 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Dang I'm jealous. When I was three my hair had just started growing (I was bald for a looooong time), it was maybe to wispy shoulder-length.

I love to see little girls (or boys) with beautiful long hair... but it must be a lot of work for parents sometimes.

shellblue1
June 1st, 2008, 03:55 PM
My hair grew extremely fast when I was a kid. Not sure what happened since then! :( Of course when you are a kid you don't really tend to think about your hair that much. Now I obsess over mine, so it could be growing around the same rate....it's just that I am much more aware of my hair. Also, I didn't blow dry and flat iron it when I was little so it was healthier and was able to grow longer. I would say though that at 3 my hair wasn't near classic length. It was about tailbone length at age 5 or 6 though.