PDA

View Full Version : Waistlength Styles...

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Now that i'm at my new length of waistlength.....I would like to know what kind of bun styles i can do wit it?

I mean like the cinnoman bun or something like that...do you think that's acheivable with waistlength hair?:D

If you guys name some buns i'll look them up.

Thanx in advance!;)

Natalia
June 17th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Oh i dont know there names but farther back in the style sections (like page 5 or 6) there are some cool ones i can almost do! Im just a bit away from true waist (damn torso...) and just need a little more thickness at the ends to pull it off. I like the one with the multiple loops, sorry dont know the name but you can do it across, diagonally, a whole bunch of ways. If i got enough pins and clips i could do that. I am close to a cheaters figure 8 and a few others. There are so many i want to learn but my memory really stinks so everytime i want to do it i have to log on and watch the video lol

ETA: I finally got the infinity bun (figure 8) right :D I can do it!

I can also do the -
Nautilus
Flipped Bun
French Twist Bun
Lazy Wrap Bun
Wrapped Bun

I made alterations to a few other to accomodate my particular hairy type or layers.

Bene
June 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
i think at waist length, you should be able manage all the buns you were able to do at BSL... you might want to go through the articles (top of the page) and browse through the hair styling section to see which ones you like and would like to learn.

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hmmm....okay.

Thanx ladies! :)

AmyJorgensen
June 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Try the infinity. It is easy and cool looking.

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I've tried the infinity but it always comes out looking retarded!! LOL!!!

Like turds or something on my head!:justy::lol:

I guess this is where patience comes in because i need more practice on that one.

Bene
June 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
hey, you might want to try the lazy wrap bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72). it's my go-to bun, it takes just a few minutes to learn how to do and you can wear with a stick or a fork. out of all the buns i've tried, it's among the sturdiest and most reliable.

an example of one is in my AV, and in my album of action shots, you can see it with all sorts of hair toys. i've been using it since i was an inch above BSL, and as my hair grows, i just wrap the extra length around before inserting whatever hairtoy i'm using at the time.

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
hey, you might want to try the lazy wrap bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72). it's my go-to bun, it takes just a few minutes to learn how to do and you can wear with a stick or a fork. out of all the buns i've tried, it's among the sturdiest and most reliable.

an example of one is in my AV, and in my album of action shots, you can see it with all sorts of hair toys. i've been using it since i was an inch above BSL, and as my hair grows, i just wrap the extra length around before inserting whatever hairtoy i'm using at the time.

That looks super easy to do!! Thanx Bene!:cheese:

sneakybea
June 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I have waist length hair and I do the cinnamon figure eight buns most often. The thing to remember is that length isn't the only factor determining whether you can do a particular style; there's also thickness and taper. There are styles I've seen other members with waist length hair try that I can't do, and I'm sure the opposite is also the case.
I recommend some of the variations of French twists that Hypnotica has done (you can find them in the articles section). I can't do an ordinary French twist at waist length, but her variants work great!

the.fee.fairy
June 20th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Claire's do a hairtoy that's like a comb with an elastic attached. I've got thick waist length hair and it holds buns and loopy updos perfectly. Its also really quick to use.

Other than that, the figure 8 bun is great, it took me ages to get it right, but when i did it was like a revelation!