PDA

View Full Version : Big Chop

mediumhair
June 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I've been growing my hair out since January. I also dyed my hair maybe about 9 months ago to a year. My hair has grown 4 inches since i've dyed it not too much. Anyways I don't like the way my roots are visible and the rest of the hair is a lighter color. I think I can keep my hair healthier and actually wash it less if it's shorter. When my hair is short(top of shoulder length) I only had to wash it 2x a week. And with longer hair it's like 4x and won't dry out and very greasy. So should I do it? Should I cut the 4 inches i've gained? Did anyone on here join and isn't growing their hair but getting it healthier? I think I will be doing less heat damage, washing etc to my hair with a cut.

Bene
June 17th, 2009, 07:36 PM
quick question: why do you have to wash your hair more when it's longer?

mediumhair
June 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know but right now my hair is pretty long and it's very greasy. When I have shorter hair I have tons of volume and I don't have to wash much or shampoo. I was raised on not putting products in my hair and drying hair naturally, etc and I don't know why longer hair is harder for me to maintain.

JamieRose
June 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
If you still want the volume, maybe consider shorter layers? I would say cut an inch or two of damage off and wait a week and see how you feel about it then. Maybe consider a new washing method to reduce greasiness, there are a lot of different methods on here.

mediumhair
June 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I shortened my layers today. The top of my hair now feels better and lighter but the bottom I still can't get used to the length. I think the bottom layer or 2 of my hair are the healthiest though. That's like the virgin hair that I have.