PDA

View Full Version : What do You Enjoy About Having Long Hair Today?

CaraLynn
June 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
For me, today it was being able to braid my hair while I was doing farm work and my hair tie was AWOL and have it stay for a couple of hours!
What about y'all?

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I have cornrows in my hair and this is the longest they've ever been....it looks like i have braid exstensions but i don't!:p

I also like the fact that i can just throw it into a simple bun when i'm in a hurry:D.....when it was shorter...it took way more time for me to get it to look even halfway decent!:mad:

Natalia
June 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
My favorite thing today was when my hair dried from last nights SMT wash and was all clean and shiny. I ran some grapeseed oil through the ends for tangles and admired it in the mirror as i was trying to decide how close i am to waist :D. Yes i can be vain :p lol

JKRBeloved
June 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
My favorite thing about my hair today is that it has been 10 days straight that I have worn my hair loose and wurlie. That has to be a record... even going over a long weekend traveling, I did not take my Caruso curlers with me. I think I've kicked the habit, and can just let it go natural any time I want now.

ReddishRocks
June 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Great thread idea. :)

I just looked at my avatar and really thought about it. My hair's getting longer all the time. It's soft, shiny, and has the least amount of frizz I can ask of my hair type. ;) I think the biggest thing though is that I can finally make a lot of these wonderful updos work for me too! If you'd asked me a year ago, I don't think I would've felt nearly so positive about my hair or even admitted to my latent desire to grow it out.

PhillyGirl1978@
June 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
When I realized today in the bathroom mirror that I could tie my hair in a pretty cool looking low pony or high pony, using.......(wait for it) a strand of my hair!! I wrapped it around a few times and used a bobby pin to secure the loose end somewhere in with the rest of my hair.lol That was fun!!

Elphie
June 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I have the most awesome spiral curls going today from yesterday's double buns and wearing my hair in a rope braid while sleeping. I'm actually "boinging" my own hair. :D

ChrissieM
June 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Letting it dry naturally outside in the early evening sun....the orangy sunset made my hair look extra red, and I fingercombed it as it dried to detangle....pure tactile hair enjoyment.

BrianaFineHair
June 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Today I enjoyed pulling my hair back into a low ponytail before heading to the gym. It looked pretty blah just hanging down, but being able to pull it back made me feel better.

gmdiaz
June 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
It feels so good to have long, clean hair. . .swishy and full.

If I could possibly describe it. . .my hair feels like a deep relief. Letting it down from an up do after a long sucky day.

And it's a strange feeling that I have. . .but my long hair makes me feel like I am larger than myself, like a flower must feel when it's in bloom. lololol

I really love it.

viking_quest
June 17th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The feel of it on my back. It's an amazing feeling I've never really experienced before.

Finoriel
June 18th, 2009, 02:43 AM
My favourite thing today is that it´s pouring cats and dogs outside. My clothes are wet, my hair is wet and all people I´m seeing are wet, too. But instead of looking like a poor wet poodle, like the lady with the stringy, choppy, permed and dyed style I just saw, :gabigrin: my updo looks as polished and in place like always.
:D I love having long hair on rainy days.

enfys
June 18th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I enjoy it today because it's length shot day after I wash it and I'm sure this one will be at waist! I tried last night but my bun waves were pretty mighty and gave me a lot of shrinkage that isn't my hairtype.

rach
June 18th, 2009, 03:39 AM
it behaves much better.
easier to look after - flip it up into clip and it's out the way.
looks feminine and feels lovely down your back.
makes a good potable scarf in the winter :D

Curlsgirl
June 18th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I love wearing a braid because it is so easy to do yet looks so neat and feels SO cool and comfy. I can also leave the ends out a few inches so I can still enjoy the curls!

mira-chan
June 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I can put it up and forget it, and it looks fine. Especially necessary this morning when I left my brains at the pillow when I got up.

embee
June 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Today and tomorrow are supposed to be quite humid and hot - and I have my hair in a neat bun, off my neck, out of my face. Even if I sweat it will not make any difference. :)

amaiaisabella
June 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I was able to put my hair up in a french twist and hold with a stick while doing household chores, and not have it fall in my face and get all sticky :D I still have some loose layers, but as 99% of the hair stays up, I call that a success!

Ryanne
June 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
The feeling of the wind in my hair.

bugeyedmonster2
June 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
In this hot weather? Getting it wet with really cold water. Actually helps me stay a bit cooler for a while.

Furiana
June 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I love the wind in my hair, too! :D

I also love taking it down while I'm dancing at a club. Oh, man, the looks that gets....!

Coriander
June 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I know this sounds vain, but I get a ton of looks when I take down a bun in public to redo it (I'm growing out bangs and they jussstttt fit into the bun).

I love having it blow around my shoulders when DBF and I go to the beach :) I love it even more when he reaches over to softly sweep strands out of my face. :heart:

ImperfectBrat
June 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I enjoy the feeling of not having to just go to a ponytail. I have options now and it feels goooood !!!:D

I also enjoy the looks I get when I redo my hair in public even though my hair isn't LHC long.

desertgirl
June 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Yes! Today I felt my hair between my shoulder blades for the first time I remember in a long time. It felt great.

Parelli4life
June 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I like the feeling of when the wind blows your hair and after it drys. Hmm can't think of much right now. lol. ;)

RoseRedDead
June 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Probably feeling it against my bare back as I changed out of my jammies today... sigh... good times.

drquartz1970
June 19th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Less shampooing/washing then when I had shorter hair and knowing that each day my hair gets a little bit longer!

papillion
June 19th, 2009, 06:14 AM
My hair feels really silky after the first deep treatment I've been able to do in about three years.:cloud9:

And I've managed to make a sock bun stay in place for more than ten minutes, which is all they usually last before falling out.

Curlsgirl
June 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Today I love feeling it long and on my back since I am wearing only a halfup. It actually FEELS long today. :crush:

jel
June 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Today I wore it loose and wavy for work, as it was freshly washed last night. I love the feel of it brushing my lower arms...

Also, on the way home, as I was passing in front of shop windows I kept glancing at this woman with tailbone length, wavy hair - me! :D

LutraLutra
June 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Today it was warm and sunny and slightly breezy. I wore my hair down and I could feel the wind blowing it around, sometimes over my eyes, and it didn't anoy me because this is the first summer for more years that I can remember when my hair has been long enough to blow across my face. :)

Bunnyhare
June 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
It feels so good to have long, clean hair. . .swishy and full.

If I could possibly describe it. . .my hair feels like a deep relief. Letting it down from an up do after a long sucky day.

And it's a strange feeling that I have. . .but my long hair makes me feel like I am larger than myself, like a flower must feel when it's in bloom. lololol

I really love it.
WELL said! I love all my new little fuzzies!

smerrie
June 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I wish I HAD long hair! But mine is finally almost past that awkward shoulder-length, but just past, length haha.
I still have a lot of splits though, and I want to even things up with my bangs, but I am trying so hard not to cut!
I love being able to wear my hair naturally wavy at this length, and have it look alright (it doesn't when it is short) and being able to just throw it up in a ponytail if i need to!

Natalia
June 27th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I love this thread :D thank you for starting it!

Today i enjoyed giving myself a nice EO scalp massage and running the leftover oil all the way down my length then feeling the silky smoothness....:heartbeat

Elanor
June 27th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I love that I can put it in a beautiful sock bun for my cousins wedding today :)

This is a great thread, it makes me feel happy.

Brownie
June 27th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I enjoy that I'm able to put it up and hide it on a bad hair day :D

CaraLynn
June 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Today I was able to just wash my hair and go instead of spending a lot of time straightening it and then curling it with a curling iron like I used to...and I think it looks really pretty!

That was vain.

But I think it does. :D

EdG
June 27th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I just returned from a business trip. Traveling can be fun - strangers asked me about my hair four times in two days. :D

The usual question was "how long did it take to grow?"

Co-workers who I meet in person only infrequently instantly recognized me. ;)
Ed

JamieLeigh
June 29th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Today it's effing HOT outside. I'm talking... :cool::steam:brains::flamed::sun:8) ....that kind of hot. So I'm happy my hair is long enough to put up and get off of my neck...and know that it will STAY off my neck all day long until I'm ready to take it back down. That makes me amazingly happy. :D

Armelle
June 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM
It distracts from the rest of me. :D

CaraLynn
June 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
It distracts from the rest of me. :D

:misskim:That's hilarious!

nayver
June 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM
That I can put it up with a lovely fork bought from Vietnam :)

LadyLongLocks
June 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I can put it in a bun and forget it! I don't have bangs anymore and don't need to deal with them.
Long hair is easier than curling and constantly needing to trim or go to a salon. Plus its less expensive. I can hide it and then take it down and totally change my look!

Armelle
June 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
That's hilarious!

You know...I can be having a bad skin day or a clothing disaster day... but give me a good breeze and a sunny sky, my hair shining and waving behind me (trust me, it takes a pretty stiff breeze for that to happen) and all is splendiforous. :D

QueenMadge
June 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I am having a "good" curl day and I like to see them out of the corner of my eye bouncing around shoulder length.

daydreamer
June 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I enjoy that I can put it up with sticks and keep it off my face all day, it is really hot here!

Lexibeth
June 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
My hair is keeping me warm today. It's really cold at my work desk. :)

RavennaNight
June 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Today I am enjoying the feeling of my hair brushing my elbows! Aaaaah. The sure sign of waistlength hair. :)

may1em
June 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm wearing my new amethyst jewel lotus Ficcare!

And I just washed my hair earlier this morning, and now the scalp hair is happy and soft.

skydancer7
June 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
My hair is still growing out from pixie, so not quite at shoulders yet....
But the fact that I can wash-and-go, not style it, and have it look alright is welcome relief from the months of 10+ clips and/or headband required to feel "put together".

rose_in_bloom
June 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I'm enjoying how nice my hair smells today! Gotta love that suave coconut conditioner. :)

gmdiaz
June 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I had a really hard day at work today. . .a good day but it was a toughie.

I came home and all I wanted to do was get in the shower and wash my hair.

So, now, I am all happy and drowsy. I so totally love having long hair and letting it air dry. Soooo nice.

Natalia
July 1st, 2009, 02:09 AM
Today i enjoyed realizing my hair got caught when i was rolling up my sleve to wash dishes :D. I havent worn it down for any length of time in quite a while. Its either bunned or braided. It was nice to see how it tucked itself into the crease of my sleeve...:heartbeat . Cant wait till it starts geting caught in more awkward places ;)

CaraLynn
August 6th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Today I'm happy that I can stick my hair in a bun and forget about it! :)

Peregrine
August 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
When I'm feeling down for whatever reason, I can take down my hair and go out and usually someone will compliment my hair. I call it my vanity day.

GlassEyes
August 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I just got my two new ficcares. :D GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

young&reckless
August 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM
The feeling of my friend running his fingers through it. Very relaxing

Carolyn
August 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well long hair is enjoyable every day but today's particular enjoyment is trying out a new product. I tried Lush Trichomania solids shampoo and Lush Jungle solid conditioner. I've hesitated to try another solid shampoo after my dismal experience with Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. But this looks like it's going to be a totally opposite result. I'm sitting here with damp hair, letting it air dry and totally enjoying how it looks, feels, and smells. I love it when a new product meets or exceeds expectations. And I love sitting around with wet hair and feeling it on my arms and back.

Maddy25
August 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hmm, well today was a milestone day as it was the first day i could actually wear it up! So I had it in a tiny stubby bun and that makes me feel great :D Also, I love waking up with my hair already looking great, no calicks or anything :D So today was a good hair day.

Naamah
August 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Today my hair feels amazing and I'm wearing it down for the first time in a while. I put it in two dutch braids yesterday after I washed it, and I just took it down. It's so bouncy and full and wavy and shiny. It's amazing, my hair has never felt like this. :D

Ice~Cold~Wind
August 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I've got my hair in a bun right now and it just feels neat. Plus, I still have bangs(though they are starting to get longer) and they spiral around my cheeks. It just feels nice. :)

frodolaughs
August 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I can wear my hair a zillion different ways, and today it's in an updo that's keeping it completely out of the way and out of my face. When my hair was shorter I didn't have so many choices.

bigdreamer
August 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Well I don't consider myself a long hair yet, but as I sit here in my work cube I get a huge kick out of checkin in here from time to time and thinking about my long hair goal and how I'll probably still be sitting here next year...

but my hair will be waaaaay longer and hopefully all over my keyboard :p

Stephichan
August 6th, 2009, 03:19 PM
While my hair isn't exactly long yet, this event made me happy: Today when I left the mini-mart on campus after buying some lunch and milk for my coffee, I took the english braid out of my hair (it was starting to fall out anyway) and felt my loose locks waft gently behind me in the light breeze. I felt like some sort of orange-haired faerie :D

patissegrietje
August 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I loved being able to put my hair up today! it's so hot outside, the bun keeps it cool :-)

Nyghtingale
August 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I love that I can have it down, silky, sexy.
And then when I go out in the heat, I can put it away. :cool:

yellowchariot
August 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
For me, it's the head massages! long hair + head massages = instant stress relief, and pure relaxation. It feels a lot better than it did with short hair! I can instantly fall asleep within minutes (which is awesome because I think I have insomnia, lol)!

luckypenny
August 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I've been enjoying my longer hair because it is allowing my natural curls to come to life, something I had never done before when I kept it so short.

Having long hair is also improving my self-esteem. I am finally at a stage of my life to feel proud and happy withthese beautiful crazy curls that God gave me.

My family, as much as I love them, used to tell me my hair was ugly and that I should always keep it short. Mom also started me early on making my hair lighter in color.

These days I enjoy watching and feeling my curls tickle my neck as they roll down my shoulders :)

girloctopus
August 6th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I'm thrilled today that I can keep it off my neck completely and not have it sticking to my neck. I'd be going crazy if it was short!

theskeletonkey
August 6th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Well, more than just today one of my all time favorite feelings is,
Driving with the windows down music turned up hair blowing in the wind!

:cloud9:

Monsterkitti
August 7th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Today Im enjoying wearing a new style and knowing it will stay put all day :D Also knowing it looks great even after nearly a week since its last wash.

cockerspaniel9
August 7th, 2009, 03:03 AM
It just feels longer today (which it probably is:D.. but still;)) and the colour it is now, after my last henna about a week ago, is perfect.

Natalia
August 12th, 2009, 02:59 AM
today i enjoyed feeling my hair even all kinky with old braid waves brushing my elbows as i walked around the yard :)

Chanterelle
August 12th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I've just got pics from my friend's wedding and wow, my hair looks long :)

nicolina
August 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I woke up this morning with a day off work. I stretched and thought - oh goodie! I can wash my hair today, and I've got time to do it properly. :D

Medievalmaniac
August 12th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I'm wearing a Gibson Girl twist for the first time ever, I did it all by myself this morning and though tI was never going to be able to do something like that on my own, and I feel like a Victorian girl and it's just lovely. :o)

rockey
August 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
today i prepared to wet look in my hair

young&reckless
August 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I am running a bath now and can not wait to go sit outside and read a book as the wind drys my hair into silky waves.

sweetestday
August 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I love it when my baby pulls my braid in front of me so he can play with it. Although he does try to pull strands of hair out every once in a while. :/

freckles
August 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
today, I loved how red it looked when washing it. When my hair is underwater the colour is much more distinctive!

Amara
August 12th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I'm looking forward to a wash later, and then letting it air dry. :)

EtherealOde
August 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I loved how pretty it looked today when I took it out of the new sock bun, and lovely curls were everywhere. :) When I put it up in a new style, it looked amazing with the curls on the ends. And an added bonus...while browsing through some hair photos my husband said "your hair is as long as hers" and I just had this huge grin on my face. :D

Love days like that, hehe.

JKRBeloved
August 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I enjoyed feeling sophisticated in my herring-bone / fishtail braid.

CaraLynn
August 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I love it when my baby pulls my braid in front of me so he can play with it. Although he does try to pull strands of hair out every once in a while. :/

:) My 2 year old nephew was doing that the other day...I was sitting next to him with my hair in a braid and the next thing I knew he pulled out my elastic and was "petting" my hair.

merseaone
August 13th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I like feeling so very feminine. I like wearing it down but I do have some updo's that I wear. The top lately I have been wearing curly and cemented in place that way the hairstyle is pretty and I can go two days without washing the hair. I have baby fine hair and it is oily and so is my face, unfortunately my hair doesn't seem to be long enough to wear it braided at night while I sleep so the back of my hair does seem to find its way to my greasy face.

CaraLynn
August 22nd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Today I was happy I could put it in a bun and somewhat hide the greasies. At least I think they were hidden. :D

Rivanariko
August 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I had kind of a rough day at work today, and today happened to be wash-day. So I came home, stripped off all of my disgusting barn clothes, hopped in the shower and thoroughly enjoyed my CWC, then let my hair air dry, detangled it with my fingers, and allowed myself the luxury of gently brushing it smooth (I don't normally brush it, very fine and fragile!) and it felt wonderful. I left it down while I ate dinner and was sitting at my desk, running my fingers through it occasionally and just enjoying how soft it felt.

hair-therapy?

going gray
August 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Enjoyed reading this thread, thinking it's going to take almost a year to get my hair back to the length I had before I went insane & cut it.

Loreley
August 23rd, 2009, 01:10 AM
I've just made my first hairstick, so I'm happy I've got long hair to try it. :D

Ruvie
August 23rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
My cousin telling me my hair is great and talking about how long it's getting..then telling me I'm going to be her maid of honor! I'm so happy I will have hair good enough for my best friends big day :)

Renbirde
August 23rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
It's not tangly!!! Catnip is my new best friend. *Purrs*

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 23rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Feeling the curls brush against the backs of my arms near my elbows.. Its such a wonderful feeling :happydance:

CaraLynn
August 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
hair-therapy?

It's the bestest! :D

jasper
August 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'm enjoying having updo options.

IStand4u
August 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
My hair is soft and shiny, and best part no split ends from straightening two days ago! (Had dance festival so I had too...)

redwoman
August 23rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
I like the feeling of it swishing on my back before a shower.

lovebug
August 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I was shopping and bought some cute hair toys I´ve never even thought about before.

LaurelSpring
August 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Its like a special secret that I have. Its all braided and tucked up securely on my head and no one knows how really long and wonderful it really is now.

Sheltie_Momma
August 24th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Silliness.. but I'm wearing a dress with a really high empire waist and my hair hangs way down below the waist band on the dress and looks all Ren Fair-ish.

zen_oven
August 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I love the sensation of it caressing my back and shoulders. I almost feel sort of accomplished when I see how long it's getting month after month.

Medievalmaniac
August 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I was waiting for my prescription at CVS, saw REALLY cute hair bobby pins with sort of Celtic/medieval-y designs on them, and had a reason to buy!! :)

Medievalmaniac
August 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Silliness.. but I'm wearing a dress with a really high empire waist and my hair hangs way down below the waist band on the dress and looks all Ren Fair-ish.

Sheltiemomma - feeling Ren Faire-ish is always a good thing! You're definitely having a good long hair day! :)

Sheltie_Momma
August 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Sheltiemomma - feeling Ren Faire-ish is always a good thing! You're definitely having a good long hair day! :)

Yes! Agree Agree!

RuthieAnne
August 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
My hair stayed curly and virtually tangle free after a whole day of wearing it down. It also looked and felt softer than it has ever been before. I will NEVER go back to using shampoo! :-D

God bless,

~Ruth

RoseRedDead
August 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
The scent that gets "activated" by my sweaty work-out in the gym. Hair looks pretty gnarly today, though...

Maddy25
August 26th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I love that I managed to learn to french braid last night so I am wearing my hair down with one side french braided behind my ear, everytme I see it I feel proud because it took a while to learn!

freckles
August 26th, 2009, 07:20 AM
having a friend say "wow, your hair has really grown" !!

freckles
August 28th, 2009, 06:20 AM
my grandma told me I really suit long hair :)

CaraLynn
August 28th, 2009, 07:17 AM
My friend that I haven't seen in a year kept remarking that my hair must grow like a weed, cause it was " soooo long and soooo pretty."

myotislucifugus
August 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
That it just hit waist!

Stephichan
August 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I just put my hair into an english braid, and even though it's a (very) loose braid, I had to do more weaving to get to the end than I've ever had to previously. Oh, the happiness...

freckles
September 1st, 2009, 01:42 PM
that hair held with a single stick comes tumbling down so nicely when you remove it!

Medievalmaniac
September 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
That I get little wafts of conditioner smell when I have to re-bun it today 'cause yesterday was wash night. Since I'm down to 2 washes a week, I don't get that smell very often anymore. :)

skydancer7
September 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Mine is not super long yet, but I am soooo excited that I can finally get it into a bun! Thank heavens for the sock bun, allowing medium-length haired people the ability to create the illusion of "tons of hair" and look classy all at the same time!

I am also grateful that I feel more like myself again since growing out this pixie. I am a long hair at heart, and the longer it gets, the more comfortable I feel in my own skin. And it only gets better from here.

Also, just my own personal experience was that with very short hair I felt less feminine. Some women look fabulous with short hair, but I felt like a boy, and that's not what I was shooting for. Now I can walk out of the house without puting any product, clips, or headband in my hair and feel girl-y. Yay.

pepperminttea
September 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
When I go out with it down (or half down), and there's just enough of a breeze to lift it from my shoulders, walking into the wind. That is such a wonderful feeling. :)

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I love the fact my hair has grown enough in a few weeks I will be able to try my knockoff creaclip.

Audhumla
April 20th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Today, I enjoy having the length to show off the natural wave pattern that I've managed to cultivate since joining LHC :D

RileyJane
April 20th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I would have to say everyone telling me how long my hair is already, even thou it isn't THAT long (to me) and also watching it get longer makes me happy!

Natalia
April 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Thats when i feel like crap i can bun it up and out of the way and not have to deal with it all day. Gotta take the small victories right?

Wanderlust
April 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
It makes me look pretty!

Suze2012
April 21st, 2013, 03:00 AM
The sun was finally out yesterday and there was a slight breeze.

I found myself walking about looking at my shadow on the pavement and watching my lovely curls bouncing about and then feeling them hit the skin on m back.

Only trouble is I was looking at the ground a lot....I will probably end up bumping into a lamp post! Haha!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2013, 03:09 AM
I love to have it damp and loose after washing it and then I can feel the weight of it down my back. And sometimes if I am feeling particularly silly and no one is looking I will flip my head back and forth as I pass the mirror in the hallway just so I can see it flying in all directions...:) The five year old coming out in me I think!

cooklaezo13
April 21st, 2013, 04:25 AM
I'm happy to have long hair today because I could put it up and out of the way, comfortably and quickly, so that I could clean the house. I appreciate different thngs about it on different days.

beryl
April 21st, 2013, 05:53 AM
Today, that I could put it all up with one pencil, and it looked good enough to wear out.

Also that if my bun ends up being lopsided, I can balance it out by pinning flowers (real, tissue or crocheted) on the not-fuller side. Fans of the side braid/ponytail/bun probably wouldn't mind, but I like my hairdos to look symmetrical or at least balanced!

MissAlida
April 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
Today I finally managed to even out my front face framing layers (they looked weird for months now, but I couldn't figure out what was the problem). But I fixed them today, and it curls nicely again. I'm so happy, and guilty at the same time, because I am a trimming addict, and want to be able to keep a trimming schedule, to see some length progress as well.

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
I liked when my hair got long enough to pony tail then to bun. After that came all the other milestones.

nobeltonya
April 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
That I actually didn't put leave-in and comb it this morning after washing it, just let it air dry for about 20 minutes and then wet bunned for several hours, and it's all nice and soft! And the chestnut/golden highlights [natural] have come out more today! :disco: