PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of sightings ....

bakertwins2004
June 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Do any of you guys know each other IRL? I am curious. I moved back to my hometown in Indiana from a real small town in Michigan. Makes me wonder who might be near me.

Longlocks3
June 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Nope, I don't know anyone from LHC IRL. But I'm from a small town in MI and now I live in a little town just outside of a BIG MI town.

AmyJorgensen
June 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I am in Indiana too. (scenic tourist-trap Brown County)
I don't know anyone on here in real life, but I did notice that one of the newer members is from Bloomington, IN, which is close to me.

Beatnik Guy
June 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Uh, maybe one or fifty. 8)

GoddesJourney
June 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Nope. Nobody.

bakertwins2004
June 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I am near Allen county. And was in Lake Orion when we lived in Mi. Prob close to you Longlocks33.

Speckla
June 17th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Nope I'm in Georgia (USA).

ladylibra
June 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Do any of you guys know each other IRL? I am curious. I moved back to my hometown in Indiana from a real small town in Michigan. Makes me wonder who might be near me.

I am in Indiana too. (scenic tourist-trap Brown County)
I don't know anyone on here in real life, but I did notice that one of the newer members is from Bloomington, IN, which is close to me.

Hi Hoosier hair members! I'm in Indianapolis, but grew up in Marion (Grant County)! :D

I haven't met anyone IRL on this board or any other one, that I've befriended so far. Funny because I know so many in my state and the surrounding states, you think we'd manage to cross each other's paths eventually! :o

embee
June 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Yes, I know a couple of folks IRL. One I knew from before, and was astonished when I recognized her on LHC. As for the other, we made plans to meet at an event in a town near where she lives. It was fun. :)

Longlocks3
June 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I am near Allen county. And was in Lake Orion when we lived in Mi. Prob close to you Longlocks33.

I have family that live in Lake Orion! I'm in Kent County but originally from by THE Bridge.

Do I sense a Midwest LHC summer picnic?!

manderly
June 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yup, I know one. There are LHC meets all the time :)

Pierre
June 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I don't. I've asked on the meet forum a few times, but nothing's resulted.

GlassEyes
June 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Nuh. Closest members here are still PRETTY damn far. XD;

Edit: I do have a friend who has going-on-tailbone length hair that I've shown this site too, and I think she may lurk a bit. I don't think that counts though.

Anje
June 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I don't know any yet, though I keep meaning to contact one in Green Bay when I go up to visit family. Usually end up being busy running around with family, though..... I keep trying to lure IRL friends and family over here, too, but no luck so far.

I definitely think we need a midwest LHC picnic! Oh, and I'm in Tippecanoe county, FWIW.

Natalia
June 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I dont know anyone IRL. Im in a small town most people even living in SoCal havent heard of :p. The nearest landmarks people know are LA or occasionally santa barbra, neither are really close to me lol. If you dont know our 2 exits (yes only two for the whole city) you will miss us entierly.

mira-chan
June 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I know a few. One has been to my house for a henna day visit. :D

metallica6823
June 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Are there ever any LHC meets on the East Coast? I wondered if this group ever gets together. I'm still pretty new

mira-chan
June 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Are there ever any LHC meets on the East Coast? I wondered if this group ever gets together. I'm still pretty new
You'll see the meet part of the forum at I believe 100 posts and 2 months membership. Yes there are meets on the east coast and ones specifically in NYC.

Krystyle
June 17th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I'm in Indiana (Indianapolis) too but Oklahoma is where I call home.

rose_in_bloom
June 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I know a girl from Long Hair Loom IRL, we go to the same church and hang out together a lot. I also know that another member here lives very close to me, but I've never met her.

kam984420
June 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm in Indiana (Indianapolis) too but Oklahoma is where I call home.

Im just curious.... what part of oklahoma?

Carolyn
June 17th, 2009, 10:13 PM
There are meets all the time. You'll see the Meet board when you have met the post and time requirements. I've met 10 LCHer's over the years and plans for some get togethers soon.

Darian Moone
June 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM

Lake Orion? Oh good Lord. I'm originally from Oxford. LOL!!!! We were practically neighbors it seems. I'm in Rochester Hills now. I actually lived in Lake Orion for a while.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I do know some LHCers IRL. It came from going to the hair meets. I made a friend that way who I keep up with and have gotten together with IRL. Other LHCers I am close to are too far away to actually see IRL, but the telephone has helped.

Teacherbear
June 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Do any of you guys know each other IRL?
Yep! My best friend is on here. Lisajaney and I met on the boards about 8 years ago and have met 3 times in real life. She is coming to visit me for 11 days in just a couple of week! :cheese:

I've also met a good 20 or 30 other LHCers, some I have been quite good friends with.

redneckprincess
June 18th, 2009, 06:45 AM
nope not that i know of, but i am in a small town in michigan (in Ingham co.) and i also have b/g twins except they are 12...

eresh
June 18th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I've met a few of the Duchties here.
We don't live really close but oh, it's a small country.