PDA

View Full Version : a PROBABLE LHC siting

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
How odd that one can sort of look at the backs of people's heads and guess that they might be from lhc.

I was waiting for a friend to take a walk around 1:30 today and saw a woman walk up the street. Her hair was silver, she was wearing a lovely figure 8 bun clipped with a ficcarrisimo.

Made me :smile:

Anyone else?

GoddesJourney
June 17th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've been seeing more long haired people around in the last six months to a year, actually, but nothing definitively LHC. Suddenly seeing other long haired people makes me feel like my hair is shorter. I hope it hits waist length soon. Anyway, not yet. I will keep an eye out for hairy people.

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure she was from lhc, the figure 8 and the ficcarrisimo gave it away. I don't it's a common hairstyle at all, although I'm used to seeing buns messy buns and braids all the time, this is the first time I've seen a figure 8.

And I never would have noticed the clip pre-lhc, unless it was sparkly.

I love watching hairy people. Saw a woman yesterday with hip length BRIGHT red hair.

Gingevere
June 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
How cool! It's funny to think that everyone here actually exists in the "real" world! :laugh:

I've experienced a few of those moments since I joined in December. I spotted a woman with TB white hair the other day on the street. For some reason, she just struck me as the LHC'er type.

Fractalsofhair
June 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I almost never see people with long hair in Boston! Much less, long hair with a cool style. I bet she is a member, since well, it's rare to see long hair that is clearly being taken care of. Then again, I don't look at people's hair constantly. XD

Xandergrammy
June 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I would've had to go peek at her face and knowing me, I'd probably ask her. I've only ever seen on Ficcare IRL. It was a Maximas.

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I almost never see people with long hair in Boston! Much less, long hair with a cool style. I bet she is a member, since well, it's rare to see long hair that is clearly being taken care of. Then again, I don't look at people's hair constantly. XD

Probably, with the hair style and the clip, plus her hair was GORGEOUS! Obviously well taken care or and I bet if it had been loose it would have been at least waist length.

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM

really? I work close to the Garden, lot's of students and tourists around here, could be why. I see any number of them.

And I constantly people watch, it's fun

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I would've had to go peek at her face and knowing me, I'd probably ask her. I've only ever seen on Ficcare IRL. It was a Maximas.

I'm much too shy to approach someone and speak to them. She was talking on the phone and walking purposefully, so it would have been pretty intrusive, I think.

Plus, it's too close to where I work to have people thinking I'm nuts, lol. Especially if she WASN"T from here.

Fractalsofhair
June 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Kina, I go into Boston near the Public Garden/Commons a lot as well! I don't people watch though, bad things happen(A crazy person offered me a "free exorcism"(Do they normally charge for those?XD). I'm normally with a group of friends though, so it's hard to say. Gosh, I need to start people watching in Boston more! Of course, I rarely notice people's hair, unless they comment on my hair or their hair! XD

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Kina, I go into Boston near the Public Garden/Commons a lot as well! I don't people watch though, bad things happen(A crazy person offered me a "free exorcism"(Do they normally charge for those?XD). I'm normally with a group of friends though, so it's hard to say. Gosh, I need to start people watching in Boston more! Of course, I rarely notice people's hair, unless they comment on my hair or their hair! XD

yep, it's very close to a state mental hospital as well.

I wear large sunglasses, that helps :-)

Fractalsofhair
June 17th, 2009, 08:08 PM
This was in a totally different part of Boston, but I didn't know about the mental hospital there! Thought they all closed down?(Near Quincy Market in an alley way at night was when that happened. Luckily I was with friends, but yeah, walking down alleyways isn't a good idea. Of course, in that area another time, a guy pretending to be a model hit on me leading to a very awkward situation. XD He was cute, but yikes, personal space was the lesson he needed to learn!)

Large sun glasses are great!

Natalia
June 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Ive only seen two people below waist around town but i couldnt catch them to ask. It was last year sometime. I am seeing more people with waist around but they are ususally fairly obvious extenstions :( nothing wrong with them i just with they would really grow it and enjoy it.

GlassEyes
June 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I wish I could see someone from LHC around here. XD Maybe I need to go into boston more?

Why not askin the Silver's thread? If she had white/silver hair, it minimizes the choices of who it could be.

Kina
June 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I wish I could see someone from LHC around here. XD Maybe I need to go into boston more?

Why not askin the Silver's thread? If she had white/silver hair, it minimizes the choices of who it could be.

C'mon down!

About asking, I'm not sure. If she wants to out herself, she's welcome to, though.

I've had people come up who've recognized me from online and felt a little weirded out, don't want to do that to anyone else.

metallica6823
June 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Is it just me or are more women are having long hair and wearing it down? It could be I notice it more these days, but I doubt it. I lived in Boston too and I never really noticed it there. NYC seems to be full of women with waist length hair, gets my attention :bigeyes:,

mira-chan
June 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Is it just me or are more women are having long hair and wearing it down? It could be I notice it more these days, but I doubt it. I lived in Boston too and I never really noticed it there. NYC seems to be full of women with waist length hair, gets my attention :bigeyes:,
Hi neighbor! Welcome to LHC. :)

Yup, there are a lot of long hairs in NYC. Many students and people from cultures where long hair is prized. Plus lots of people with professions that put less pressure on hair conformity. All that helps. I've seen people wearing Ficcare and hair sticks around here.

HairColoredHair
June 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I wish I could see a ficcare in real life (aside from my own, that is)... That would probably give me reason to approach someone.

angelthadiva
June 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm not in Boston, but I do see some long hairs from time to time. I try to have conversations with them and feel them out to see if they are "one of us"...I think it's like finding a leaperchaun--So far I haven't been so lucky.

I rarely see any fancy sticks or hair toys IRL aside from what I own...Anything more complicated than a French Braid is a rarity around here too.

If I were to see a long hair w/a ficcare and a complex updo, that would be a pretty good tip off--If nothing else, invite them to join LHC!! If they are putting that much care into their hair by purchasing nice hair toys, etc. I think they'd enjoy it here.

Gothic Lolita
June 18th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I'd love to see a LHCer in my town or at least on vacation! Honestly, quite a few people have "long" hair around here (read waist) but it's almost always ragged, split, bleached or dyed to death an in general in bad condition.
I think if I saw someone with long hair in wonderful condition or an usual bun, I'd go and ask. I've never met anyone from here in real life, which is strange, since I tend to think sometimes about some members, wondering what they're doing ,feeling well again....

Fractalsofhair
June 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I'll be honest, if I was with my parents, I think we'd all be creeped out by strangers recognizing us from the internet(Heck, my parents don't even know I have a facebook(And I'm friends with some of their friends who are my friend's parents on it!) due to their fear of my meeting child molesters on the internet and running off with them. Or something of that nature. Quite frankly, I look older than my age, and I don't give out my address or anything like that to strangers without good cause(Ie, to order a handmade product etc) LHC would probably scare them a bit. XD), and I keep as much about me vague, such as my pictures where you can't clearly see my face. However, if I was with friends, it's fine to approach me! To me it does seem that more women aren't going for pixies in this economy, since those require frequent cuts. But not a lot of people have waist length hair or longer that I see.

HairColoredHair
June 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM
:lol: The best part about LHC is we would recognize you by the back of your head, so faces aren't necessary. :lol:

lora410
June 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I hope she pops in here. I see lots of long hairs. I was shadowing my fiancé at the VA Hospital yesterday and my hair was down. He said that every time this one volunteer female saw is it looked like she wanted to say something to me. I wonder if it was an LHC'er maybe tying to say hello. She was from a high school. Then again with my luck maybe she was just wanting to know if my hair was real or something :lol:

JamieLeigh
June 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I saw a perfectly executed equilibrium bun today in a buffet restaurant we took the kids to. I didn't get a chance to compliment her on it, or ask her if she knew LHC, since I had to help 5 kids fix a plate, but I admired it greatly. :D

Themyst
June 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I'll be honest, if I was with my parents, I think we'd all be creeped out by strangers recognizing us from the internet(Heck, my parents don't even know I have a facebook(And I'm friends with some of their friends who are my friend's parents on it!) due to their fear of my meeting child molesters on the internet and running off with them. Or something of that nature. Quite frankly, I look older than my age, and I don't give out my address or anything like that to strangers without good cause(Ie, to order a handmade product etc) LHC would probably scare them a bit. XD), and I keep as much about me vague, such as my pictures where you can't clearly see my face. However, if I was with friends, it's fine to approach me! To me it does seem that more women aren't going for pixies in this economy, since those require frequent cuts. But not a lot of people have waist length hair or longer that I see.

If I was approached while out and asked if I was 'Themyst' or 'that girl' on LHC, my first reaction would probably be dread - the whole 'can't breathe hard rock dropped in the stomach feeling'. My end feeling would really depend on how I sized the person up. I guess it would be kind of neat as long as I didn't think they'd show up hiding behind trees on my property. :eek:

angelthadiva
June 18th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I would probably be taken aback slightly as well, if someone were to approach me like that. If they came up genuinely admiring and began talking to ME about LHC---That would be very different! ;)

nowxisxforever
June 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
How fun! I've run into LHCers in public before, I ran into Airmide on the bus one morning before work-- I hadn't ever spoken to her before and I was sitting in the back-ish of the bus and she was in the front... took her (GORGEOUS knee-length :bowtome:) hair out of a bun she had held with a scroo and started combing it- and normally I would just glee at myself from far away, but I was so incredibly positively convinced that she had to be from the forums that I had to go say hi. It totally made my year! :flowers:

angelthadiva
June 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM
How fun! I've run into LHCers in public before, I ran into Airmide on the bus one morning before work-- I hadn't ever spoken to her before and I was sitting in the back-ish of the bus and she was in the front... took her (GORGEOUS knee-length :bowtome:) hair out of a bun she had held with a scroo and started combing it- and normally I would just glee at myself from far away, but I was so incredibly positively convinced that she had to be from the forums that I had to go say hi. It totally made my year! :flowers:

How did you approach her? Did she think you were a hair fet!sh stalker?

Themyst
June 18th, 2009, 10:36 PM

I'm curious too - did you know who she was, or just figure she must be an LHC member?

nowxisxforever
June 19th, 2009, 12:18 AM

I don't know, ask her maybe! I basically came up to the front of the bus once I got up the nerve, said Hey! your hair is gorgeous! I have long hair too, it's a little dirty right now, but... and brought mine down to show her. Mine was like tailbone length at the time so it's not like someone with short hair walking up to you and going OHAI YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS I WAS JUST WATCHING YOU COMB IT... ;) I think she mentioned that she was on LHC before I mentioned it, and just before I got off the bus we exchanged usernames, hehe. :) It was a period of a small handful of stoplights, not a long time. It took me like 5 minutes to work up my nerve because I was afraid I'd creep her out and she seemed like she was probably really nice. :o

nowxisxforever
June 19th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I'm curious too - did you know who she was, or just figure she must be an LHC member?

From how I remember it, she mentioned LHC before I did... it's been a while though! I did figure she might be though given she had a hairscroo rather than a ponytail, bobby pins, hair stick... a scroo is so... so... LHC! :P It's like seeing a ficcare on long hair out in the wild.

angelthadiva
June 19th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Ah, thank you for sharing your IRL sighting and mini-impromptu hair meet! :flowers:

nowxisxforever
June 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Ah, thank you for sharing your IRL sighting and mini-impromptu hair meet! :flowers:

Welcomes! Hehe :)

Natalia
June 21st, 2009, 02:18 AM
:P It's like seeing a ficcare on long hair out in the wild.

Hehehehe i like that "in the wild" like the hair of the little people on our computer is an exotic animal stranded outside of its cyber enviornment.... Makes me giggle :D.

NamedForTheMoon
June 24th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I saw a woman today with absolutely GORGEOUS curly long brunette hair at the Grandview Safeway where I work. Her hair looked like she really takes care of it, it wasn't frizzy curls, they were glossy and almost like thick spirals, all the way down past her waist, almost to tailbone, I'd say. I wonder if she's an LHCer. Hmmm...

I wanted to ask her, but I'd felt silly running up to her and saying "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice your gorgeous long hair. Are you a member of LHC??"

I already did that to one woman, and she wasn't a member! :p I told her all about the forums, though, and she said she'd check it out.

angelthadiva
June 28th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I had a wonderful story to share!

After reading these sightings I decided that I wouldn't let an opportunity pass w/o making some effort to make a connection if I were to see a fellow long hair IRL...After all, a stranger is a friend we haven't met yet, right?

So, it was Friday night. DH and I took the kids shopping...At the checkout, a long hair ended up being the one who rang us up. She was a little taller than I was and her hair was pulled back into an English braid but the ends were wrapped up. Her end tassle was at about my length. I commented on how pretty her hair was and that one doesn't often see women with their hair that long and I also mentioned that mine was about her length...I had mine coiled up in a cinnabun at the time...She asked how long mine was and I told her, she told me hers was down to her knees :thud: but she wraps up her ends, so she doesn't have to look at them.

She was complaining to me that she's having such a hard time finding the right shampoo because she's kind of curly...I told her I'm about 1/2 way between wavy and curly and apparently she is too.

I told her about LHC, she seemed very interested--So, she's not one of us yet, but I sure hope she finds us.

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I would love to just randomly run into an LHC member!

angelthadiva
June 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I'm at GVSU M-TH! :flower: Trust me, I'd know the back of YOUR head any where!

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm at GVSU M-TH! :flower: Trust me, I'd know the back of YOUR head any where!

I'm not far from there really, I am in Grandville/Caledonia right by M-10! If I ever see you, I am going to come running up to meet you! so don't be alarmed... :eyebrows:

teela1978
June 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I did actually spot someone from the forum a couple years ago. I was in a rush to get into a restaurant that she was busy leaving, so we didn't talk at all, but it was kinda cool to remember that we're all out there! :)

angelthadiva
June 29th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm not far from there really, I am in Grandville/Caledonia right by M-10! If I ever see you, I am going to come running up to meet you! so don't be alarmed... :eyebrows:

That's what I thought! I'm at Allendale campus exclusively until the end of this semester...I'm doing this updo challenge, so I hope you'll recognize me! :D