PDA

View Full Version : Updos for shorter hair

L4dybug
June 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hey all :cheese: love that little guy, lol.

I love looking at updo videos, and most I have found are for very long hair. They are so beautiful btw.

Does anyone know of some hairdos for my length of hair? They don't all have to be updos. I have mostly wore my hair down, or in a pony, so tired of that, lol. I want to learn some new dos.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lori

Bunnyhare
June 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
My hair is just a bit longer than yours and I have gotten some great ideas from the articles on hair styling..some can be adapted to our "short" hair ...and alot of the links in forums take you to places to see hair styles but I have had to hunt and peck really..Its fun though, you see all kinds of hair toys and different styles...things to look forward to like the log roll that LadyGodiva does!

GoddesJourney
June 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM
A couple of weeks ago I pulled my temples back in two French ropes. I parted it on the side just for an interesting mix. I put some hair spray in because it needed to stay through a lot of dancing for my birthday, but I thought it was pretty cute. I'm not sure if there are any examples of this in the articles section. I remember there being a styles division so people could share their styles for different lengths. I will try to post a video or at least a picture of the do that I'm talking about. Anyway, it will work for your length and you can keep your hair otherwise down.

manderly
June 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Lori, from your sig picture it looks like you could do the knot in my signature, a french twist, and possibly a lazy wrap bun. There are a bunch of other ones, but those are what I generally wear :)

GoddesJourney
June 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Here's the link to the video I just made. I'm going to go annotate it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8W5qoPmp4

Elphie
June 17th, 2009, 08:40 PM
*waves* Hi there, hair twin! We're practically the same hair type and almost the same length. Right now, I can wear my hair in single french or dutch braids or double them, cinnabuns (again, single or double), a chinese bun or use any of the above as half-ups. I also rely on a topsy tail (inverted pony tail) fairly frequently and there are a few different things you can do with that as well.

L4dybug
June 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks. I will give these a try.

Pixna
June 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Here's the link to the video I just made. I'm going to go annotate it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8W5qoPmp4

My hair isn't long enough yet (nor am I talented enough) to do this hairstyle, but I just wanted to compliment you on the terrific video. You are beautiful (as is your hair!)!!