PDA

View Full Version : Cutting hair?

2luvmycurls
June 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Just wondering....is it a really bad thing that I haven't cut my hair in probably close to 2 years....like not even a trim? ::eek::

Just wondering if people always trim or if it's okay to do what I'm doing - just letting it grow.

GlassEyes
June 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yep. That's perfectly fine. xD;

Most people here only cut/trim if they have damage and/or splits. The rest of the time is spent avoiding them. XD Others do trim every 3 months or so as well, but that's to avoid damage.

You're fine doing what you are, as long as you don't have splits. :D

Wanderer09
June 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Are your ends in good condition? If they're not split and if you're happy with how thick they look, then there's no need to trim. :)

fishwich
June 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Even if you do have some splits, it's absolutely fine not to trim. I have them and I generally let them be and what do you know, that stuff about splits traveling up the hair like evil little gnomes and making it break off before it gets to any length worth mentioning...is kinda exaggerated. :D

2luvmycurls
June 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks, guys. I honestly don't know if I have split ends...I have lots of hair and it's layered and curly, so I guess if I have them, I'm not bothered enough by them to care, haha.

Okay, thank. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing a "long hair taboo" by not trimming. Good to know.