PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

masnmab
June 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new here, so I figured best way to introduce myself would be to post.

I'm 27, live in New Orleans, and have a lovely, wonderful boxer whom I adore.

My hair? It is about BSL, nearly black, a 3a/b and ridiculously thick. I have never measured the circumference, but if I had to guess, I'd say 5". Once I find my tape measure I'll double check.

I've really loved exploring the site, and seeing videos and pictures of all the amazing and beautiful hairdos. I am incredibly envious of some of the complex buns you all can do-my hair isn't nearly long enough for them! I'm still trying to master the french braid, for goodness sake!

I'm not looking to grow my hair out super long, waist or slightly below waist is my goal. My hair is heavy, and washing it now takes me long enough. Plus, the curls make it so that combing it is out of the question. I wear lots of layers to break up the bulk and avoid the triangle head look that I get when attempting to wear it all one length. I do live vicariously through you guys with tail bone and beyond-just beautiful!

In my shower I have Lush's Trichomania and Squeaky Green, as well as American Cream and Coolaulin. I have used coconut oil alone as a conditioning treatment and love the results. I also have V05 Vanilla Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, and some Suave Naturals Apple. I am silicone free, but haven't tried going sulfate free yet. Once I finish the bulk of the products I have, I would like to try Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars, and making my own natural conditioner.

Thanks for reading this long, long post. I look forward to getting to know you and learning more about properly caring for my long hair :flower:

demitasse
June 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Welcome! :waving: I have lots of layers to avoid the dreaded triangle too.

The articles section has some great easy to follow styles with instructions, pictures, and videos to lots of the styles used here: :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php

Queenie
June 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Hi masnmab :waving: Thanks for the lovely introduction! Welcome to TLHC :flower:

masnmab
June 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys! Also, I can't believe I wrote "introducting." Sigh. My spelling skills are my pride and joy, and I misspelled my own introduction. :rolleyes:

Demitasse-thanks for the link! I'll be enjoying playing and reading in there today.

Queenie
June 17th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys! Also, I can't believe I wrote "introducting." Sigh. My spelling skills are my pride and joy, and I misspelled my own introduction. :rolleyes:
:lol:

It happens! I edited it for you - no worries, I won't tell :wink:

Aer
August 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Welcome! You sound very straight forward, so in my book that makes you very interesting. Your hair sounds beautiful, I think you would enjoy our articles section. Happy posting.