PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article - confirms LHC advice

LaurelSpring
June 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/articleinstyle.aspx?cp-documentid=20312997&page=0

A friend sent me this and I thought it was a good confirmation of all of the good advice I have recieved here on LHC so I thought I would pass it along.

Freija
June 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/articleinstyle.aspx?cp-documentid=20312997&page=0

A friend sent me this and I thought it was a good confirmation of all of the good advice I have recieved here on LHC so I thought I would pass it along.

I still spy a few mistakes - advocating silicon-based products, for instance. A cuticle can be better kept smooth through a generally good regime - no heat styling, minimal combing, carrying out the entire hair-wash in cool water rather than just the last rinse, etc. For many people, 'cones are a problem not a solution. Also the idea that colouring hair can 'sometimes [change the texture] for the better' is a dangerous assertion - vegetable dyes or henna are indeed conditioning and although indigo isn't, at least it doesn't damage... but chemical dyes should be used sparingly and possibly in conjunction with coconut oil if they are to be used at all. Chemical dyes don't always ruin hair, but they most definitely can - and it's the tenderness with which the hair is treated post-dying that improves the condition, not the dying itself.

As you said - most of it was sound, though, and it's good to know that the word is spreading!

Furiana
June 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I like that article, especially the warning about ingredients in natural hair coloring products. It's good for people to be aware.

It's definitely a step in the right direction!

viking_quest
June 17th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I just read that. It's good that they finally have some things correct.

Shell
June 17th, 2009, 11:00 AM
For the most part I agree until they get to the beauty industry mantra that dying your hair is good for it.* There's a reason they call it DYING.

Henna on the other hand is good for your hair, as long as you don't mind red hair :twisted:.

*At best dye is neutral, but it's never good for your hair.

RancheroTheBee
June 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I've noticed an increase in well-researched articles, lately. Mark you, they're not perfect, but it's really a step in the right direction, and this makes me a happy panda.

amaiaisabella
June 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hee, my dad called me this morning and said, "Hey, I saw an article you'd be interested in on MSN!" I think this is a sign I've assimilated... :D

Dreamernz
June 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Brilliant...too bad about the scalp massages not increasing growth though....the ponytail thing scared me!!!! :(

liseling
June 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I didnt know about the traction alopecia causing a PERMANENT bald spot! Eeeep! I've got to start switching it up a bit!