PDA

View Full Version : Does your hairdo give away your mood ??

karenpetal
June 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Wanted to know what you think about this - does your hairdo/style give away your mood ??

I realised this today when my co-worker told me she could figure out how I was feeling just by the way I had done my hair ...

She actually associated french braid, ponytail, bun, high pony with my moods .. whihc i think were true .. if i think of it

What do you think -

may1em
June 16th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I think it does for some people. I had a professor once who put her hair up when she was feeling serious and took it down when she was happier and more relaxed. You knew you'd said something wrong when she put her hair up during class.

As for myself, I don't know. Sometimes I bun to be serious (buns are the standard until I get to know my own students, for example). Hadn't really thought about it. Mostly I pick my hairstyle based on what I'll be doing that day (up for anything active!) and how close to wash day it is.

AJoifulNoise
June 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
For some, sure. For me, not so much. I pretty much do the same stuff all the time. If anything, my hair just shows you what day it is. :lol: Cinnabun/figure 8 Sun-Thur. Double cinnabuns or braids on Friday. Half-up and wavy on Saturday.

Druid of Alba
June 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Definately for me. When I'm feeling depressed or sad, I comb my emo bangs over my face... When I feel happy, I either part them, braid them to the side, or don't straighten them and let them be pushes back and go wavy.

Bunnyhare
June 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
ABSOLUTELY! in fact I had a co-worker that if she showed up with curly hair we knew to stay out of the way! and if it was stright it was either an ok or a down day..mine shows it too but not that extreme, its moslty up because it just gets in the way down..but fancy up or plain up...i try to cheer myself up by doing pretty things to myhiar so if is all fancy i am usually having a not-peppy day..

Gumball
June 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
My styles really reflect my energy level before they affect my mood, and ultimately by energy level I'm meaning how lazy I feel when I do the style for the day. It's always in a braided bun now. That's regardless of whether I'm happy, sad, neutral, what have you.

If I do something else you could really just say my energy for styling has perked up and I'm not obliging my habit for that day. I've done non-status-quo styles on good mood days for fun, and on meh mood days as a pick-me-up. It really is when the haste of styling for the day takes a back seat to another styling opportunity.

Natalia
June 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
My hair style more reflects my enthusiasm and energy rather than over all mood. Even if im cranky if i feel energetic i will do something more fancy or experiment with a variation or something new. Then again sometime sim happy but just plain exausted or to bored to bother.

aries
June 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah lol. When my hair is in a tight bun with just a hairfork or stick, my family knows I'm having a angry day, but a scuncci is holding it up, they know I am pretty relaxed and if I am wearing any style with a ficcare they know I am in a good mood and ready for anything that comes my way that day.

Calanthe
June 17th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Sometimes, yes. Like, when I wear something done with a scrunchie it's either headache day or I'm tired and can't be bothered to do something fiddly.

When it's something important like a wedding or a job interview I almost always do a french twist because that one equals elegance and style (at least it does for me).

Bene
June 17th, 2009, 03:24 AM
i hope not :bigeyes:

Elphie
June 17th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I think my style gives away more of my plans for that day then anything else. The more carefully contained my hair is, the more likely it is that I'm doing something where having my hair in the way would be a problem. Also a possibility is that my choice reflects how much I may be outdoors (read: in the heat) and I'll keep in mind that I will want to be cooler.