PDA

View Full Version : the two states of my hair

hennared
June 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
So, my hair seems to have two states:

1) on a wash day:
pros: fluffy, full, clean.
cons: really dry and coarse feel once dry, particularly the last few inches, no matter *what* conditioning scheme I use.

2) Non wash day:
pros: not so dry, easier to comb; a bit silky
cons: sticky ends, greasy bangs, FLAT as an ironing board (except the sticky ends)

What I want, is to figure out if I can do something about my alternating dry and sticky ends, besides a big chop (because I'd have to lose at least 4 inches to get rid of them!). I would love in my hair was less super dry when it's fulffy - fluffy is nice on my now thin hair; but the dryness is awful.

I've tried SMT's (help a little), aloe vera, glycerin & water misting
(does not help the ends much but does help the rest of my hair), I've tried clarifying (no use), I like Aubrey shampoos or soap nuts to wash, but they seem the most drying... what else can I try? Ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

chrissy-b
June 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Have you tried oiling your ends? It works for me when mine are dry.

Curlsgirl
June 16th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I would condition only from the ears down or even farther down. Also a coconut oil leave in on the ends while your hair is wet or damp may help a lot. Glycerin sometimes can make my hair dryer especially in certain types of weather. Aloe gel is no help at all to me. I have never tried soap nuts but I have to have a sulfate shampoo to get my scalp clean so I either do conditioner only on the ends with a diluted sulfate on the scalp or just a scalp wash. Also if your bangs gets greasy you can wash them only. I do that sometimes. See if any of that helps.