PDA

View Full Version : You know what I really love about LHC?

pariate
April 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, hope nobody minds me posting it here.

Anyway, I've been trawling the site (as usual) and I realised why I love it here so much. Not just because I get to dream of having hair like hers or yours or theirs :D; not because of all the enabling ;); and not because of all the bad hair days it's rescued me from. I love it here because it's a real haven from a world that seems to be stripped of solid values, sense of self and identity, and it is overflowing with people doing things their own way - people who have decided that they don't have to give in to every media fad that dictates to the masses how we should look to fit in and feel good about ourselves.

There's such a variety of people and lifestyles reflected on these boards. It reminds me that acceptance of differences is what brings us together. People here worry about ageing, family problems, health issues, bad hair days, jobs, money, spiritual paths, disputes with neighbours... And it's wonderful :D :D :D Yeah, sometimes we all worry about whether our backsides look bigger in those jeans or whether we'll be accepted when we move somewhere new, but reading through these boards I feel like there are people with perspective left in the world, people with a sense of what matters.

I'm going to shut up now. I had a bit of a moment there! :o But does anyone else feel like this about stuff? I hope I've explained it properly and that it didn't sound like a rant because I really didn't mean it that way, I meant it as a very positive thing!

Druid of Alba
April 9th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I certainly agree. I love the diversity in perspectives. And I absolutley love seeing people who don't always have to follow the "latest trend" (which I see enough at school, haha). One year, it may be long layers that are in, and so all the short haired people start growing their hair, and by the time it is long, bobs are in, so its time to cut it all off again. Sigh. Yup, it is certainly nice to see people who don't follow the crazy-train :p.

Silver & Gold
April 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I agree. I came for the hair, I stay for the people.

Lizbot
April 9th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Hahah. Very well put!

happylynngilmer
April 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I came for the hair, I stay for the people.

Stole the words right out of my mouth!

embee
April 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM

:) That's it, in a nutshell.

DavidN
April 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM

You could not have said it better, Silver & Gold, and some of those people are very special!:flowers:

Anje
April 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I came for the hair, I stay for the people.

What she said.

Shell
April 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, we are truly a community, and some of us miss that in real life.

jojo
April 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM

well said, you have a lovely way with words x:)

pariate
April 10th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Silver & Gold and Shell - you said it!

See? You all get this :wink:

ChloeDharma
April 10th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, hope nobody minds me posting it here.

Anyway, I've been trawling the site (as usual) and I realised why I love it here so much. Not just because I get to dream of having hair like hers or yours or theirs :D; not because of all the enabling ;); and not because of all the bad hair days it's rescued me from. I love it here because it's a real haven from a world that seems to be stripped of solid values, sense of self and identity, and it is overflowing with people doing things their own way - people who have decided that they don't have to give in to every media fad that dictates to the masses how we should look to fit in and feel good about ourselves.

There's such a variety of people and lifestyles reflected on these boards. It reminds me that acceptance of differences is what brings us together. People here worry about ageing, family problems, health issues, bad hair days, jobs, money, spiritual paths, disputes with neighbours... And it's wonderful :D :D :D Yeah, sometimes we all worry about whether our backsides look bigger in those jeans or whether we'll be accepted when we move somewhere new, but reading through these boards I feel like there are people with perspective left in the world, people with a sense of what matters.

I'm going to shut up now. I had a bit of a moment there! :o But does anyone else feel like this about stuff? I hope I've explained it properly and that it didn't sound like a rant because I really didn't mean it that way, I meant it as a very positive thing!

What a lovely post.....and i very much agree. I often refer to here as my "net-home" when all the other places do my head in i know that i can read through here and feel comfy among proper nice people.
And you know what....you can always rely on good advice whatever it's about.....there's some serious brain power on this forum!

lookingglass
April 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Awwwh! I have missed everyone. I'm glad to be back!

tuuli
April 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Perfect, I take this. :)

Florida Mom
April 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I'm a newbie here, but WOW :-) That sure made me smile and be proud to have joined you all!!!!!:cheese:

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
A :bottomsup: to LHC, Stephanie, and everyone who makes this place a real community. Very well said everyone!!!!

China Cat Sunflower
April 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
This place is wonderful :)

*BelievingAgain
April 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Gosh this thread speaks to me in every way. I couldn't have described my feelings for this wonderful place and it's people better than Pariate, Silver and Gold and Shell...

I've felt so much better about myself and my long-term goals since joining here, it's like finally finding people who understand and can relate. It's so rare, and I'm so honored to be here!!

Jess :flower:

intothemist1999
April 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Great post, Pariate!

:bottomsup:

pariate
April 12th, 2008, 12:46 AM
:o I'm so glad this has hit home with everyone! I'm also glad I'm not the only one who feels so "attached" to LHC ;):p

cosmogonic
April 12th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Hear, hear! Huzzah to the lady.

Alaskanheart
April 12th, 2008, 01:41 AM

I agree too!I couldnt say it better than it has already been said.

manyhorsesmane
April 12th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Pariate: I think all of us are truely PLATINUM here; we hope you feel the warmth of kinship amonst us :flower:
Blessings, All~
Sandra

Jeni
April 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Here here!!! I could agree more.

I love how helpful people on here are. I was having a neck hair issue and instead of telling me it's normally and to ignore it, people went and posted pictures of their baby neck hairs which made me feel much better. People on this site seem to go out of their way to help people, even when to outsiders the issue seems kind of dumb.

Jeni

soleluna
April 12th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I totally agree. LOVE it here!

Faepirate
April 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Yes!
I was attempting to explain this to a friend of mine the other day :) See, this is the only place on the internet that I frequent, and it's because I love how strong, genuine and individual the people here are; I'm always inspired by coming here. It's a very beautiful community.

snowflakegirl
April 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I agree whole-heartedly with Silver & Gold! It's a place of friendship, acceptance and support!

CitznMag
April 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Perfectly said! Just as I was about to check out, because I cut 6 inches of ratty, dry ends and just didn't feel like a 'long hair' with the goal of growing it out again, I realized this group is so much more--it's a family. I can be a bit shy and have had two sweet people reach out to me for friendship that made me feel so special. So that's what I really love about LHC!

Chrissy
April 12th, 2008, 09:51 AM

What she said!!! I think for as many members as we have here we play really nice and have very few problems. We all respect each other and just have fun!!! I've been adicted to this site for years.

Shypii90
April 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I definitely agree with you, pariate. I like it how people here know what they want and strive to get it, even if it doesn't fit in with what mainstream media dictates.

We rule!
:cheese:
lol

Sakura07
April 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I completely agree. This place is truly one of a kind. I love it here.

Neon Gloss
April 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Oh definitely!

lookingglass
April 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
It made me feel so special to get a "Welcome home!" message letting me know that the boards were back up and running again.

Chamomile betty
April 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
What a great post :)
I love it here too and miss it when I can't always make it here.
((hugs))

Elenna
April 12th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The people are great, and I spend far too much time here.

Unofficial_Rose
April 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Yes!
I was attempting to explain this to a friend of mine the other day :) See, this is the only place on the internet that I frequent, and it's because I love how strong, genuine and individual the people here are; I'm always inspired by coming here. It's a very beautiful community.

Totally agree - I was trying to explain to a friend about LHC - think she is getting it now. I don't belong to any other net forums (fora?). Like ChloeDharama says - it feels like my "nethome". People here are intelligent, kind and funny. They also "do their own thing" rather than floowing mainstream ideas which is very refreshing.

Starr
April 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
:heartbeat:grouphug:

Aww, what sweet post! I totally get where your coming from. LHC is like a home. I'm having a warm and fuzzy moment. . .

and apparently smiling like an idiot at the computer screen, as my husband was so thoughtful to point out.:rolleyes:

And welcome back Lookingglass!

Teazel
April 12th, 2008, 08:00 PM
LHC really is special. I've belonged to several other common-interest online communities, and this one is by far the most supportive and... well, comforting place to be. People who love long hair rule. :D

cherry
April 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I 100% agree with you.I love LHC.So kind,so sweet,so informative,so friendly,so lovely :cheer::applause:grouphug::inlove::flowers:

Arual
April 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Yup, I agree as well, it's great!

Gumball
April 13th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Wow. I'm hopping on that bandwagon and taking the scenic route because it's awesome. I couldn't agree more. It's one thing finding people with a common interest. It's another finding that those people are wonderfully accepting, open and caring. :D

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
It's really a community a family.

Leeloo
September 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM

Ditto :toast: