PDA

View Full Version : Nicest hair compliments you've gotten?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

andrea1982
June 16th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I just finished reading the "dumbest hair comments" thread, and while I had a good laugh, I couldn't help but think that most of us have probably received positive comments about our hair as well.

Mine is: I was with a coworker of mine (she has fine short styled reddish hair) was giving me a drive about to show me the community. She pointed out the shop of the hairdresser she goes to and says "That's where I go to get my hair cut, she's a genius! But, of course you don't cut your hair, and why would you? I wouldn't cut my hair either if I had hair like yours!" I thought that a great compliment, considering my hair is only APL, and I hadn't told her about my plans to grow my hair out. She then went on to tell me that when she's old she would love to have a long gray braid. A long hair at heart!

Please share yours!

Misha
June 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM
My Mom gives me the most compliments, and usually says that my styles (like the french twist I wear with forks, or buns with cool sticks) are very becoming to me. She also admires my flexis and ficcares. Thanks Mom! :blossom:

My husband compliments the length and health, and my determination. I think that's sweet! :crush:

yogachic
June 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM
The ones I've received on LHC!

rovylern
June 16th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I spent some time in my kiddo's classroom for the end of schoolyear festivities and three of her classmates ran up to me and said they wished their moms did such cool things with their hair. It made me grin from ear to ear.

My daughter gets a lot of compliments on her color, mostly from little old ladies who say they wish their stylist could recreate it!

Themyst
June 16th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I was out the other day, had to run to the place I hate the most - Walmart - and as I walked in, a woman with BSL ran over to me and exclaimed, "Now, that's what I'm going for!", referring to my length.

I stopped and chatted briefly with her, told her it looks like she's headed in the right direction.

There are not a lot of long hairs up here where I live and I seem to get a lot of excited, shocked reactions when I wear my hair down. It can be very embarrassing because I do not take compliments or attention very well!:o

Bianca
June 16th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Today someone complimented my curls. She thought they looked like prinsess curls. That made my day :p

JamieLeigh
June 16th, 2009, 08:44 AM
My 3 yr old daughter tells people I have Rapunzel hair. I count that as a compliment, because I love that my daughter admires me. :D

Most people IRL really don't seem to know what to say about my hair. It's pretty unusual to have hair longer than midback here, so usually people just state the obvious ("Your hair is really long!") and I have to assume they mean it as a compliment, if it's not followed by "You should donate it!" ;)

nowxisxforever
June 16th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I was talking to a manager at my callcenter and had my hair down that day... one of the girls I work with but didn't know walked by, paused, and said "You have the most *beautiful* hair I have ever seen." I thanked her and felt pleased silly, because I don't get hair compliments a lot - there's a lot of long hair in my call center, of far more cooperative hairtypes than mine!

papillion
June 16th, 2009, 09:16 AM
About ten years ago, I was on a train and my hair was coming loose, so I took it down, finger-combed it then put it back up. When I had got off the train, about half an hour later, a man came up to me and said he had watched me on the train, and how lovely he thought my hair was, before walking away.

The comment in itself was nothing particular, but it sticks in my mind that he remembered it for such a time before he had the chance to tell me.

kmoc123
June 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I went swimming with my son and some of the kids in the apartments where I lived, and they said that I look like a mermaid with my long hair. I loved that!!!

AJoifulNoise
June 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I have a few...

My stepmom sometimes reaches out and touches my hair before she realizes what she's doing. It's like she can't help herself. I love that.
Though, one time she did go on and on about how soft and loooong it is. I don't mind that either! :lol:
One time in Walmart, I was wearing pigtail braids. I walked by this little girl and she just openly stared. As I kept walking away, I flicked one braid over my shoulder and she said "whoa..." :D
A friend in Ohio asked in a very reverent way "can... can I touch it?" When I gave permission (because why wouldn't I when you say it like that?!) she petted it and smiled.
I got some food at a McDonalds in Ohio and as I was leaving I heard one lady behind the counter say to another "wow, did you see her hair? beautiful..."
Once at church I had two seperate ladies tell me that my hair was "glistening." :crush:

LadyGunn
June 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
One of my little Kindergarten Sunday School girls drew this picture (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1778&pictureid=40319) of me one week. :D I was wearing a purple blouse that day, and apparently am somewhat related to the 6-fingered man. ;)

One of the best compliments to me is someone just playing with it, like my 10 month old niece or nephew, just gently pulling it out & letting it fall, then doing it again and again, watching with rapt attention each time. My cousin's 8 & 10 year old daughters love playing with my hair and have decided to grow their's out. The 10 year old's hair is just at shoulder and the 8 year old's is about APL.

Thenin
June 16th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I've had a little girl call me a princess before. :D

The other day my BF purposefully took my braid out because he wanted it down and loose. I thought that was sweet.

Tap Dancer
June 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I get compliments mostly on how thick my hair is. The best compliment I've ever gotten was here on LHC! Someone left me a photo comment to say I was her hair idol. :inlove:

Freija
June 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM
The first summer I hennaed, I also coconut oiled and peroxide-ed it to give a surprisingly natural, but very striking red. On the bus, a few days after the application, an elderly couple seated behind me struck up a conversation between themselves about it, and how beautiful red hair was, and how unusual.

I grinned to myself for the entire journey.

Curlsgirl
June 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
That's a tough one because all hair compliments mean so much to me! I love it when little kids want to touch it and ask me first and say how soft it is and how pretty. Also my husband says I have "Rapunzel" hair and "Angel" hair. :love: Here, a few times people have said I am one of their "hair idols" and WOW can't imagine a better compliment than that!!!

Ryanne
June 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Once, my updo was messed up after P.E, so I was planning on rebunning my hair in the next class. But before I got the chance, some girls pointed out how long it was and beautiful. One thought it was around tailbone, because of my curls, (I wish!) which they complimented too. And of course, why don't you wear it down more? I felt terribly awkward though, I flushed and mumbeled thank yous.
But the nicest one was when one of them compared my hair with Rapunzel's, well, she got the name wrong first but after quarreling with her friend about it, she told me so.

Dreamernz
June 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
There have been a few good ones since I joined LHC such as 'your hair is perfect' and one that made me laugh 'We can't all wake up in the morning and get out of bed with perfect hair' loooool:o (If only she knew loool)

Torrin Paige
June 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I get lovely compliments from my peeps over on ye olde You Tube and some of the nicest ones ever right here at the LHC. In real life I have two that stick out.

One is from the charming man who works at my local book exchange who said,"Huh. I never thought to see Lady Guinevere hair in real life. That style should make a comeback; it's very fetching." (It was in a fairytale braid with braid waves.)

The other was from a couple of teenaged skater boys standing behind me at Barnes and Noble. (Yes, I go to bookstores a lot. Heh.) It went something like,"Whoa, dude, check out her hair." "Righteous." "Hey, dude, um, I mean ma'am, your hair is cool. I dig chicks with long hair. So, um, could you teach me that braid?" I proceeded to braid his hair for him in the food court...it was four rope braids braided into a four strand. I'm old, so I felt cool for at least a week after that little encounter. Righteous.

Buraqina
June 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I had a lovely compliment from a customer the other day. I was on the phone with my back to him trying to find out something for him, and when we were talking again, he asked me "Is that all your hair in there?" referring to my bun. I replied yes, upon which he asked how long it was (tailbone) and then went ahead to say "It must be absolutely glorious!" What a nice customer! :D

My Mum frequently makes nice comments on my hair too :)

hennared
June 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
The best complements truly are the ones I get here on LHC - since you all have high standards :) As for 'in person' complements, I was very pleased to get a 'your hair is beautiful' complement form a stranger, on an especially bad hair day, just the other day. After experiencing such sudden thinning this year, the complement stood out!

zift
June 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Not very original but when someone says I had the most beautiful hair they have ever seen than I feel so soo flattered. And also when they compliment on the thickness it feels nice:)

Quixii
June 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
A couple girls in my gymnastics team told me I looked like a princess, especially when my hair was down. I was secretly really pleased. :o
Also from my friends whenever my hair is down, they often run their fingers through it and compliment me on how pretty it is and how I should wear it down more often. <3

jojo
June 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Today off my hairdresser who has hip length hair, she said my hair was very long and healthy which made me very happy!

Nyghtingale
June 16th, 2009, 09:09 PM
My mom, who has always kept her hair really short, told me she wanted to grow hers out, cause mine was pretty. She has gone from close cropped to collar length. Very pretty white.

Aunteater
June 16th, 2009, 09:49 PM
The best compliments aren't what people say to me. It's when my 7-year-old nephew curls up next to me on the couch and wraps my hair in and out around all his fingers. Or the way my fiance' watches with rapt attention when I take my hair out of its braid (and often he helps, unasked) :crush:

But it's still fun when people who normally only see me with my hair up catch me with it down: "I had no idea your hair was that long! You should wear it down more often!"

natt i nord
June 17th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Ohh, today I wore my hair down for school - after a month putting it up. A friend in the break: "Ohh, your hair is down! Now I'm happy - it looks sooooooo good!" And then she couldn't leave her fingers out of my hair. :D

That pleased me http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/liebe/s040.gif

lambhair
June 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yesterday, our secretary where I work told me (and a friend that was sitting next to me) , "You know, you two have the shiniest hair I have ever seen!". We both thanked her and said it was because we use coconut oil...coincidently, the person next to me was the lady that first recommended the use of coconut oil to me a few months ago!

NickalNack
June 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
This happened a few days ago. My hair was wet and I was puffing my hair out with a fro pick, and my boyfriend looked at me with the biggest wide-eyed ear-to-ear smile I'd ever seen and said "Your fro... is becoming glorious!"

Also, his cousin with strawberry blonde tbl hair told me that my hair is really pretty.

I also get many foxy cleopatra comments... but those are more annoying than flattering.

lyria
June 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
"supermodel hair" from a very supportive friend :)

Dars
June 18th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Ones from LHC have been so nice :)

In person:

- My boyfriends friend and I were sitting on a bench talking and he couldn't stop touching my hair and was exclaiming how soft it was. When our other friend turned up he said to him "Touch her hair man, it's so soft!".

- My friend asked me if I was wearing hair extensions one night when I had straightened my hair. At first I was flattered to know that it was indeed getting longer but then worried that my hair looked fake! She reassured me that it looked nice and natural. I told her I had been growing it for 2 years and she said she had also been growing hers for 2 years but her hair was much shorter than mine. I told and showed her the hair supplements I'm taking and we discussed hair. She was so excited she ran up to her BF and told him about the pills. He just rolled his eyes at us. LOL.

- Before I started going out with my BF, 17 months ago! When we watched movies I was lying in his lap/on his gut (:p), or when we were cuddling he would try to secretly smell my hair. And in the shower he always watches me rinse out the conditioner and helps me rinse it out.

mira-chan
June 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I had a "I love you braid!" called out from a girl's Yeshiva school bus.

I had an elderly lady ask to squeeze my braid as it looked thick and she had memories of having one like it when she was a school girl in Russia.

My hair always triggers a reminiscing session amongst my elderly relatives every Thanksgiving when we invite them over. It's always nice to see elderly ladies (in their 80's and 90's) smiling as they tell the stories fondly.

Of course the wonderful compliments from LHCers. :flowers:

Laurenji
June 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
The other day at church one of the other girls came up to me and said "I just LOVE your hair color! I was sitting behind you today and I never realized how pretty it is!"

I henna'd about a month ago, so I'm glad someone noticed. It definitely made me smile. :)

Wanderlust
June 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
My hair has never been really long, so the best compliments I've gotten are "Your hair is so THICK" by hairdressers, or "Is that your real haircolor?" from random people. I don't take offense to it at all. It's actually a huge compliment to me - makes me feel like my hair is unique and beautiful. :p

Savvyhorsez
June 19th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I've gotten quite a few nice compliments in my time, all the usual types, but one random person at Wally World came up to my sister and I who also has long hair, and said that he had seen us somewhere at the store, and just had to come up to say that he thought we had the nicest hair.:) He had also said something about people cutting it. He was shocked that we did indeed cut a lot of hair off before.

Savvyhorsez
June 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh yes, I do remember one lady at Church had said that she walked in and saw us (My Mother, Sister, and I) sitting in the back pew with our long hair over the back, and thought that we had the most pretty hair.:)

handsclean
June 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I was re-doing the lace braid that I often wear in class one day, and a girl who I normally don't talk to a lot told me, "I always love your hair. You pull off the braid so well, I'm so jealous!"

And once, I had my hair in a braided updo and a stranger came up to me and said, "I love your hair!". :)

EdG
June 19th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I have received so many hair complements from LHCers and non-LHCers. :)

One lady at work told me that she once watched me walking across the courtyard by the cafeteria, with my hair gently swaying in the breeze and glistening in the sun. She said it was the most beautiful thing. :inlove:
Ed

Nitika
June 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I went into a Sally's, and while I was checking out the salesperson said, "What color do you use? It's really pretty."

I replied, "Henna." Go Henna!

Carrie Ingalls
June 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
My almost two year old God-daughter's awe and gentleness the first time she ever saw it down (since I wear it up all the time).

My three year old God-daughter telling me "I want to have long hair like you!" and "I want a bun like you!"

bugeyedmonster2
June 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
One of my little Kindergarten Sunday School girls drew this picture (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1778&pictureid=40319) of me one week. :D I was wearing a purple blouse that day, and apparently am somewhat related to the 6-fingered man. ;)

Hey, that would make a good avatar! Or icon! Or something. Love how kids draw so abstractly sometimes.

That kid got what they saw as the essentials of you (purple and long hair.)

(^_^)/
BEM

redcelticcurls
June 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Someone once told me that I had lovely Pre Raphaelite curls, and I thought that was the best thing ever since I love Rossetti's work.

chelssix
June 20th, 2009, 04:00 AM
It's SO shiny!

GlassEyes
June 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Offline, I normally just get 'OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR HAIR' if I get anything at all. xD; To be honest, since my hair is getting longer (finally) I'm getting less of them. o-o;;

I was once told that my hair looked like it was edible, and would taste like a delicious candy cane--back when I had highlights. It was...one of the funnier ones, actually. xD

Knittergirl
June 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Rovylern, is your daughter Iolanthe?

horseprincess
June 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
The best compliments? Probably that my hair was soft or shiny, but that was back when i didn't damage my hair so bad.

Angela_Rose
June 20th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I adore hearing, in a little whisper, "Mommy! That lady has mermaid hair!" Little girls are always fascinated with long hair and I love hearing them telling Momma something about it.

swanns
June 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I don't think I've ever got a really negative comment in my life.

I almost always wear my hair up or braided (isn't it funny when people don't seem to notice the lenght of braided hair?) so on the rare occasion I wear it down I get an awful lot of compliments about "You have SO MUCH HAIR!" I take them as compliments!

Upside Down
October 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hmmm I just got a compliment I wanted to tell you about (it has been a long time since I was in love with my hair).

My friend didn't see me for 5 months, and when she saw me she said

"Oh my god, your hair....! It is.. I can not believe it!" :)

She meant it in a good way, of course. This was followed by the famous questions to which I have no answer, like "what have you been doing to it? What color is that? etc".
But the compliment felt good :)

Leena7
October 30th, 2009, 11:24 AM
When I had my dyed red pixie, a woman in a fabric store came up to me to tell me how chic I looked and how she wanted to get my hairstyle when she saw it. That was fun. Last year, a girl in my dorm saw me brushing my hair in the bathroom and told my that she "loved my hair, it is the prettiest color and has the softest looking texture!" I felt gorgeous all day after that one! hehe

Topaz
October 30th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Two compliments stand out:

In college, my new math tutor was an older man, a very nice gentleman. One day he very tentatively asked me if I wore a wig. I guess he saw how startled I was, because he quickly added that my hair was just so perfect, so shiny, the colors and shading so perfect, that he couldn't imagine how it could be all natural. My hair was completely natural, always has been, so I took it as the compliment he meant it to be.

Years later I had a friend tell me that I had 'faerie princess' hair. She added that I looked like God had made me in soft focus. That was a lovely compliment too.

Stubborn
October 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I got a nice one yesterday at the mall. When a couple of women walked by and stated "You have pretty hair". I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me feel good, lol.

young&reckless
October 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I friend of mine asked me yesterday when I would be wearing my hair in a braid again, because it is so pretty that way.

I couldn't help but smile like an idiot at that.

TheEndlessOcean
October 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
It's not often I get compliments, but a week or two ago I was playing in the pep band at a volleyball game, when between songs I heard two of the clarinet players talking and mention my name. I turned around and one of them said "Oh, we were just admiring your hair." Then a day or two later she came up to me in the hallway and said "Seriously, your hair is just so perfect and ringletty." Then of course she proceeded to tell me all the products I needed to start using :p. But still, those were the first compliments I've gotten in forever and made my day(s) :cheese:

Kaijah
October 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I think my favorite was when I was muttering about how annoying detangling my "stupid floofy hair" was, and a friend interjected that it was all in my head, and I should never-ever cut it.:bounce:

Dierna
October 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I was told by a little girl at the grocery store that my hair looked like princess hair :)

Hiriel
October 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I don't get a lot of them, my hair is reasonably well cared for, but the length is nothing unusual (yet ;)), so it doesn't stand out much. But I friend of mine recently said that if (see, 'if') I cut my hair I should sell it since it was so thick and shiny :)
She has recently cut her hair from BSL+ to about APL because she wasn't happy with how it looked, and I was wearing my hair in a braid that day. She mentioned something about the unfairness of my braid being the same thickness all the way down ;p
Her hair is gorgeous, thick bouncy blonde 3b ringlets, and getting hair compliments from people who have great hair themselves is awesome :)

And my buns have received compliments since I joined LHC, I think there might be a connection there ;)
People think braided buns look very complicated ;)

Miasen
October 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I work in a grocery store, and one of my regular customers always complains when I wear my hair up, because he thinks someone with my beautiful hair should always wear it down. Also, he tends to point out my hair to the friends he'd shopping with. "Look, doesn't she just have the prettiest hair? and such" lol. It's a bit embarrassing, but well, it's nice to get compliments too! :D

Also, people have the tendency to always want to play with my hair, braid it and such. All in all, my hair is easily the thing I get the most compliments on. :cool:

fragolina
October 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM
"Are you a princess?" :-) Sweet, isn't it?

However: Andrea1982, your hair is so beautiful! I love the colour.

rumi
November 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I guess it was when I was younger before I started dying it red. I got the standard 'Your so lucky your hair is gorgeous.' but what I percieved as the actual compliment was that they couldn't stop themselves from reaching out to touch it :o

BonnyJ
November 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Recently while at church a gentleman hollered out "wow look how long her hair is and in a braid! It was a nice compliment but at the wrong time :o

HoneyBun
November 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I was in a ladies' room a few years ago, and a woman with three daughters, commented to me that she rarely saw women her age with natural hair, up in a bun, as mine was. She complimented me that my hair looked lovely. Wow! I never received any such kind words, and that really made my day!

Wanderer09
November 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Yesterday my nephew, who's almost two years old, grabbed one of my braids and said "Woooow!" in this really cute way. ^_^

Of course, he then proceeded to pull on it and put it in his mouth, and yelled "Mine!" when I tried to get it out of his grip. *sigh* But it's nice to know he likes my hair. :p

Adora Belle
November 29th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hi, I've been lurking for a while, but I figured I'd share my new best compliment. I've been growing my hair out from a pixie for 2 years with a long stop at a chin length bob so everything could catch up. Now its about .5 inches below shoulder.

I went to go get my hair trimmed at the hair dresser and had my hair in a french braid, I took it down so the hair dresser could see what she was working with and she just kind of got this look on her face and said "Wow, its longer than I thought" then she ran her hands through it and said, "Huh, you have a lot of hair too, its thicker than I thought"

She muttered to herself about how healthy it was the entire time she gave me a cut.

The other one I have was from when I was a lot younger and had hair past BSL, a hair dresser was really impressed by how healthy it was because young girls tend not too take as much care.

hazelnut
November 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
One day a few months back, I was wearing my hair up like I normally do and I guess my hair was at it's curliest that day and one of my friends came up to me and said, "Your hair looks so nice natural. I wish my hair looked like that." I felt really good that day after that comment.:)

theboredelf
November 30th, 2009, 03:10 AM
My favorite thing was from a co-worker who, after we had been working together somewhat frequently for 6 or 8 months, asked me if I wouldn't mind dressing up as Sleeping Beauty for her 7-year-old daughter's birthday party because "I had gorgeous fairy-tale-princess hair." I did actually go to the party, but ended up in the kitchen discussing the merits of different cake recipes with the kid's grandma...

I do get a lot of negative remarks, mostly from my extended family, but I try to take ANY comment on the length of my hair as a compliment. After all, my fiance's and mine are the only opinions that matter, and if it's drawing comment, that just makes me feel more extraordinary. :D

LKayL
November 30th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I've had three nice hair compliments throughout life:

When I wore my hair curly permed a woman said that she wished her hair was nice and curly like mine instead of thin and straight.
About a year ago a black woman asked whether my hair was extensions, and that surprised me because it was only just shoulder length then. Quite a few black women think that we can't grow hair longer than neck length and it has to be extensions.
Recently a lady asked me what I used on my hair to grow it so long! I was also surprised because it is only past shoulder length.
Compliments give me the drive to continue my haircare journey.:)

Nat242
November 30th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Just recently some friends described my hair as, "very Rivendell". I took that as a compliment!

pittsburgpam
November 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
A man I dated once said, "Your hair looks just like those Pantene commercials." Wow, that one made me smile.

The only one I can think of by a complete stranger was when I was walking across the street during lunch at work, a man that was coming the opposite direction said, "You sure got pretty hair."

LadyGunn
November 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Just recently some friends described my hair as, "very Rivendell". I took that as a compliment!

Oooo! That's an awesome compliment! :thumbsup:

natt i nord
December 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Few days ago I met a neighbour who hasn't seen me a long time. I had had my hair down the day before, and he looked at my bun, then at me, and said: "I saw a girl with long hair yesterday and first thought it couldn't be you - but it was you, just with hair put different!"

I took it as a compliment :cheese:

DanielleRenae
December 26th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Last Christmas I was helping set up for a charity dinner with about 70 complete strangers when I noticed a man staring at me strangely. Every time I turned around, he was looking at me. I was a little creeped out until he finally leaned over and said, "You have a beautiful ponytail." It was the strangest but nicest compliment I've ever received because he was an older man who didn't seem to just hand out compliments.

thelittleredfox
December 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I have tb length red hair, and I get "what beautiful hair you've got" or "what a gorgeous colour" regularly.

My favourite was a guy in the library where I work, who went and found a book of Pre-Raphaelite paintings and brought the book to show me, saying 'these look just like you' :)

Liss
December 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Years ago at school a girl once said she hated my hair because it was so shiny... I took it as a compliment!

In my office my boss can't help but run hair hands through my hair each time he walks past me (which isn't very often) and say "siiiilky". He then looks a little embarrassed since it's not really appropriate, but I don't mind. The only other woman in my office always looks over with seething jealousy since she isn't getting the attention she constantly demands. I admit it makes me gloat a little inside!

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I have always gotten compliments on the shine of my hair! No matter what length I get that the most.

Hiriel
December 29th, 2009, 03:02 AM
I got my first "Your hair is getting really long!" comment this Christmas, I certainly took it as a compliment :)
It was my aunt, who hadn't seen me in quite a long time, two years, I think. My hair was in braids at the time, and she guessed that my hair would have to be around waist length unbraided. Not a bad guess either, it's very close to waist now.

janedoe0
December 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
-My old roommate would compliment my hair and asked me if I used anything special for it besides just the shampoo and conditioner in our bathroom. She always said that I had the hair she dreamed of having. There was even one day when she even asked me if she could touch it.
-A German buddy of mine asked if he could touch it and said that he thought it was pretty how my hair floated around my face. Whenever he sees me adjusting my updos, he says, "Why don't you leave it down anyway? It looks nice that way."
-I bumped into a friend at the minimart one day, and she asked what I was looking for. When I said I was looking for olive oil for my hair, she said, "Olive oil? For hair? So that's why you're hair is so healthy!"

Amara
December 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Not special words, just a very genuine compliment. My I-did-this-at-5-am-before-work bun was falling out, so I went to the back and redid it quickly. A coworker saw it down for a moment and just had such a surprised, admiring look on her face. She just said "wow, your hair is very pretty" but it was her genuine manner that made it special. :)

Stormcast
December 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Usually I get "Your hair is getting really long"
It's sort of an observation but I usually take it as a nice compliment!
It is what I'm going for.

Stormcast
December 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
And, of course all of the nice comments from people here at LHC!
(sorry for double post)

Sweetness
December 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM
It's so nice to read about all those compliments ! I have a few here and there, my sister always says I have beautiful curls (her hair is 1b)... but I hope that by taking better care of my hair it will become much more pretty in the future.

curlylocks85
December 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I did not see another thread like this so I thought I would start one. If there is another, I apologize.

I thought it would be fun to post our most cherished/memorable hair compliments from the people near and dear to us.

For me it is my son. Since I went with my natural curls every time he sees me with my hair down or watches me put it up or doing anything with my hair he always says,

"OOOOH mommy your hair is sooo pretty.", or, “Can I smell it, MMMM, it smells good."

No matter what anyone says, I know deep down my hair is gorgeous. Just ask my 3-year-old son, who will be 4 on Saturday. Boy, they sure grow up fast don’t they...?

*Sighs*

shockinglength
December 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
My most cherished hair comment hmmm (I've gotton many surprisingly) Probaly my dad who said my hair is the most beatiful he has ever seen.

Auntbeast
December 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I have to wear my hair in a bun, so I don't get hardly any comments about my hair. I used to though.

Interestingly, I have long, thin hair that prefers to be stringy. Growing up, you would think I was a demon child the flack I got from my family about my hair. I've always liked it however. When my daughter was born, my Grandmother said "Such a shame she got that same nasty stringy hair." Funny, I like my hair better now that my daughter has it. Sure, it has challenges, but it is, in my opinion, long, fine, thick and gorgeous. So Nyah!

I guess the best thing is that my husband much prefers it long and says so often. Even though I'm getting old, he doesn't think that is a reason to cut it all off. And neither do I.

linda g
December 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yesterday my husband commented "Your hair is so much softer than it used to be!" I know he loves that it is getting longer, but it was such a nice surprise that he noticed it is getting in better shape, too.

All thanks to LHC! :)

curlylocks85
December 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Since going natural, I have recieved some pretty nice compliments. All that have complimented say they love my curls! :happydance:

squidgetroo
December 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Even though mine isn't long yet, I've had two compliments in the last few weeks that just made my day! The first, I was at the natural foods store and the girl behind the counter oooh'd and ahhh'd over my color (just after doing my second henna) and wanted to know if it was natural, and if not, how she could get it. Made even better by the fact that my mother was with me and has stated several times how she wishes I'd go back to brown because it looked so much better, in her opinion. :D The second, I went out on a date Saturday night w/ a guy I've been out with a few times before. As we were leaving the restaurant and he was helping me w/ my coat, his hand brushed my hair and he kept commenting on how soft it was. And then proceeded to keep touching it all night long. It was really cute!

lynnala
December 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
"Don't ever dye it!"

ravenreed
December 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I got two lovely comments recently.

I was asked to wear a crown of candles at Imbolc (upcoming pagan holiday). I said I would wear real candles if I could wear a veil to keep wax out of my hair and my friend said that instead we would use electric candles because she loves my hair down so much...

Then another friends was saying that she had to trim her sister's ends. Her sister has hair almost as long as mine and I commented on how her sister was catching up on me. She grabbed my ends and sort of gently tugged, in fun. Then she said, in surprise, how soft my ends were and tugged gently again. I thanked her and told her that I had been working on it. :)

katha
December 30th, 2009, 04:10 AM
My mum saw my hair down yesterday and she was really surprised how long it is, and how soft. :))

LittleOrca
December 30th, 2009, 04:23 AM
My mother is always telling me my hair is spun gold when she sees it outside in natural light. :)

Mebo
December 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Two lately:

Grandson#1 (who will be 10 on 1/13) - Oh, Grandma.....<pleased little sigh>

Lady in hair salon yesterday: I wish I could get my hair to grow that long and beautiful!

That's what I like to hear!

xxchoco
December 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM
My funniest one is probably by my english teacher, back in the day when I had a rock-style pixie cut and wore loads of clips and pins in it: "Maria's hair always brightens the day, doesn't it?" haha :D
Now I have BSL hair but I wear extensions so they're at waist lenght, and when I curl my hair I get the nicest compliments from "You're just stunning" to guys sniffing and touching my hair at parties (ew it must smell like smokes at those times... ). Compliments are always nice! :)

Alexannee10
December 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Today, one of my good friend told me "How did you do to grow your hair that long! What's your secret? I just decided that I want to grow my hair as long as your" I was proud :) And when I was in a beauty shop with another of my friend, she asked me "Okay so what do you put in your hair to make it shine? Which brand of expensive product are you using?" You should have seen her face when I told her that I wasn't using expensive product and olive oil makes my hair shiny. loll :P

Lianne
January 2nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago, before I got my then BSL+ hair cut (I needed two inches off in the back, more in the front), one of my co-workers told me that, with my hair down, I looked like a queen. :)

Hiriel
February 6th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Yesterday, I was at a big family thing with my great-uncle's family, so it was mostly second cousins I don't know there. My hair was up in a braided bun with two red ketylo aqua pearls, and some woman (my mother's cousin - I think..) commented on it. "That looks very cool (I don't know if she meant the hairsticks or the bun),is your hair long?" "Uh, about waist length" "Ah, how cool!"

:)

Sammich
February 6th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I mostly get comments at school, but my sister in law commented on my hair saying it was thick! (Quite a while back.) That gave me bigger ego! ;)
I get comments at school from friends saying that my hair is so silky and straight, and asking if I had straightened it... I wouldn't take the straightening question as a compliment though, I want waves damnit! :p

And PS, I don't think it's a compliment but when I was self concious of whether my scene cut would work (Usually people put extentions in if they want the scene look to really work.), I said I hoped my hair was thick enough for the cut... and the hairdresser said "Oh yes, yes it is indeed, it's fine :D"
Hehe, my hairdresser is so lovely, though he did cut a bit much off. ^_^

Queen Olympias
February 6th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I was told last week by a coworker that my hair looked "radiant." I was thrilled because it was on the day before a wash day, so I had thrown it up into a ponytail since I thought it was fairly greasy. I guess that it still looked pretty good!

This was my first hair compliment since joining LHC.

Svenja
February 6th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I got one this morning by a member of LHD saying my hair was so shiny :)
And yesterday a woman I see everyday at work told me my hair worn down looks so pretty I should do it more often.

smilinjenn71
February 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Oh yay! I didn't see this post when it was originally posted.

Last week I had a patient ask if I colored my hair, to which I responded, Yes -with Henna. Then just a brief explanation that it's all natural/plant based. She was in awe of how shiny it is, even though it's been colored!! For me, Hendigo has been a great choice for covering my greys.

elina333
February 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM
A friend at school gives me compliments on my hair all the time. It means a lot to me since I've always hated my hair (curly/wavy and no idea how to handle it for many years).

Last time was on thursday, we were at a cafe and a girl with THIIIICK long hair walked in. Of course I stared and told my friend to look. I was like "shes got such thick, thick hair!". My friend looked at me and said "But your hair is just as thick". I know its not, but it still made my day :D

Ravenwaves 88
March 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27355)DaniiL (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27355)

I just wanna say that you have a beautiful hair! One of my favourite hairs here on LHC. That's how I would want my hair to look in the future! :)
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27355)

WOW! I was so suprised by this comment. It made me feel great that even though I'm nowhere near where I think is long, someone it still admiring my hair. Thank you again DaniiL!!!!:cheese:

ukuleleclaire
March 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
After years of hating my curly hair, I finally stopped straightening it every day. Earlier this week my boss told me she thinks it's beautiful and she wishes her hair would curl like that. And to think, all this time I wished I had pin straight hair like hers! :laugh:

jexichan
March 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I got "Your hair looks sooo soft" this morning from my spouse. Thanks, ACV rinse! :)

ArienEllariel
March 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
One of my friends is always running her fingers through my hair and petting it because she said, "it's so soft!!" I think it's cute. :P

Ok, I didn't read all the way through this thread but hopefully I'm not having one of those short term memory loss things and didn't already mention that before.

deviantkitten
March 20th, 2010, 02:08 PM
i did Elizabethan hair taping on my hair, and the cutest little girl walked up to me and whispered, eyes wide "Fairytale princess hair!!"
I wear this style often, and I have instructed 4 mothers and counting how to do this style on their daughter's hair.......in the px LOL
Makes my day every single time!

chopandchange
March 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
From people in "real life," I don't get any compliments at all.

I get: "your hair is frizzy / too long / rather messy," invariably followed by some form of advice. "You should straighten it / curl it / cut it shorter / wear it down."

I have had quite a few compliments on LHC just from posting my tiny avatar picture, and it feels strange. I am so used to people hating my hair that it still feels surreal to get any form of compliment. It kind of feels like: A. they must be playing a cruel joke and pretending to compliment me whilst laughing behind my back, or B. they have got me mixed up with somebody else! Ha ha!

Margeaux
March 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Any hair compliment I've gotten here on the LHC forum! It's a good thing I'm not around 24/7 or my ego would have swollen to the size of France :D

I occasionally receive compliments in real life too, but it's mostly about my corkscrew curls, not about my length (it's long but not jaw-droppingly so. Yet ;))

Aevra
March 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I think the best compliment I have ever gotten from a stranger would be today at my interview. I was talking to the manager, and one of the hourly managers came up and tugged on one of my curls. She smiled and said "I think you should hire her, I liker her" I thought it was awesome that she would have hired me just on the basis of my hair colour. (red)

Babyfine
March 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
My Dad and step mom live out of state. My stepmom has known me since my high school years. I now see them about once a year. She told me last time I saw her that my hair is right now the healthiest looking and the most shiney she's ever seen me with. Kind of made my day! And is a testament to what I've learned here.

beez1717
March 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
I think the nicest hair comment i've gotten ever would be when a guy mistook me for a girl, and then when he realized I was a guy, exclaimed something on the lines of "i'm amazed you have such cool hair, and your a guy" He did say it in a less obvious way, but I can't remember how though :)

satindesire
March 21st, 2010, 07:00 PM
I think the nicest hair comment i've gotten ever would be when a guy mistook me for a girl, and then when he realized I was a guy, exclaimed something on the lines of "i'm amazed you have such cool hair, and your a guy" He did say it in a less obvious way, but I can't remember how though :)

Oh, that's sweet. :o

Hiriel
March 27th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I was talking to an aunt I hadn't seen in a while today, and we were debating whether I looked more like my mother or father's side of the family. I said that I'd probably look quite a lot like my mother, if the hair wasn't so different, since her hair is short while mine is waist length. My hair was up at the time, and she looked at my bun and said, "Is it really?". So I took it down, and she exclaimed "Wooow!" and wanted to know if the colour was natural, and told me I should wear it down more, to show it off ;)

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Great thread!
My best hair compliment was at work from a coworker's friend who came by during lunch. She told me (and this was before I chopped layers into my long hair, grrr): God bless your hair! Don't cut it.

It's nice to hear some comments, too.

JenniferNoel
March 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Someone said something about the way my hair moves about a week ago. Something along the lines of "It looks like all one piece instead of individual hairs, they all move the same way at the same time" in a distracted tone with fingers through the hair. The killer - I had a little product in my hair that day, I was wearing it down. :o

Annitta
March 27th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Many moons ago in high school, a new friend sitting behind me started playing with my hair, shoulder lenght at the time, and was amazed how soft it was and called the near by girls to come touch my hair too.

Twil
March 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I had a guy call me Leona for an entire school year because he said my hair looked like a lion's mane. I like it so much I didn't bother telling him that female lions didn't have manes. :)

Aevra
March 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Since I can't edit my posts, I have to make a correction in a new one...

Last week(I think ) I posted about the nicest hair compliment that I've had...but today topped the list.

I was at the mall today with my boyfriend, we were having dinner after doing some shopping. While he went to go fill up his tea, a woman walked by my table and almost exploded telling me how [enter expletive here] pretty my hair was, and that people pay a lot of money to get my hair colour, and that I should be in an "Irish Spring" commercial or something.

Igor
March 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hmm…
This (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=45621)(Had to pull it from the archives)

ivka
March 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
A friend of mine wishes to sleep on my hair like on a pillow

prettydark
March 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Lately my nicest compliment has been from my dearest guy friend. He saw it down a few weeks ago and told me I should wear it down more often. Then the day before yesterday he saw it down again, and again said I should wear it down more often. I think the repetition of his request is really the nicest compliment I have heard recently.

Capybara
March 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I had a funny hair compliment (I think?) the other day. I was walking through a crowd with a group of people, and there were several girls behind us. The following whispered conversation ensued:

Girl 1 - "Look at her hair! It's so long!"
Girl 2 - "Wow, it is! But it looks so healthy, most people's hair isn't that healthy when it's that long"
Girl 1 - "Yeah, but hers looks really good!"

I don't know why, but this made me laugh maniacally...

EbonyCurls
March 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
"Is it real?" Not really a compliment, but I decided to take it as "too good to be true" :D

xxaimsxx
March 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I've had quite allot over the years.
I remember i curled it once and when i went into school a teacher said i looked like a certain actress. :)
And also this other girl who i thought was stunning came up to me and stopped and said 'wow i really like your hair!'

I dont do much to my hair i keep my natural colour (brown) and try and get it as in the best condition possible!

Naturelover
March 28th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I get commented on how wavy and shiny it is when people stare at me. There's a few people I see every once in a while who have such things like, "Your hair is amazing."

natt i nord
April 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
The saleswoman in the bookshop today noticed my haircolor and asked if I had dye in and told me it was lovely :cheese:
That she even noticed it made me happy :queen:

anrems
April 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
The first one I've gotten in long time was yesterday when I was at the supermarket. I was getting something off the shelves and when I bent over to grab whatever it was, my hair swung over my shoulder and this little girl comes up to me and goes "You have the prettiest hair I have ever seen!" It made my day! And my hair isn't even that long (BSL-ish)!

Cirafly24
April 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I got a really nice compliment today from the photographer that was taking my photo for a church directory. She was posing me, and asked if she could arrange my hair over my shoulder, saying "You have such pretty hair! I want to put it where it will show more." I said sure, and when she touched it, she gasped and said "It's so pretty and so thick! I hate you!"

I was so flattered, my hair isn't even that thick!

Loreley
May 1st, 2010, 12:40 AM
I went shopping last week and the shopkeeper asked me what I used on my hair. She said it was shiny and split free. It was the nicest compliment because she had a huge bun, her hair was at least as long as mine. And the best thing is if you got compliments from an other long hair. :D

Maverick494
May 1st, 2010, 04:44 AM
I don't have nearly as long hair as some of you (seriously, the pictures here in the avvies and siggies are droolworthy!) but I do get compliments from time to time.

I do martial arts and most of the people there have only seen me with my hair in a ponytail or a bun. Last week we went for lunch with the bunch of us and I untied it. One of the guys told me he'd never seen me with my hair loose and that he doesn't know any girls with long hair like mine. He said I should have it loose more often and that it looked pretty on me. Then they all started complimenting me and I turned as red as a tomato, haha.

Funny thing is my hair is only 28 inch long. Not nearly as long as I'd like to have it and not even that long (in my opinion.) I guess that with all the cool haircuts and dye jobs, not many people have long hair anymore...

jackiesjottings
May 1st, 2010, 06:56 AM
My mum is a fan of my hair, she often says how lovely it is :) I remember once when I was a child, a lady on the bus telling me "you have a lovely hair colour, don't ever dye it" and I never have. A friend also once said "I like watching your hair, it fascinates me with the way it moves". Nature was kind to me hair wise, and my hair is about the only part of me to receive compliments through my life, which may be why I am a bit vain about it :)

Amelia
May 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
"I wish I had your hair!.."

Made my day :joy:

centurytoolate
May 1st, 2010, 12:45 PM
I had a nice roundabout compliment recently. I was going four wheeling with a married friend of mine. His wife has what I would call a micro-pixie. Very short. My hair was down when I hopped into his open Jeep and before we really got going I started to braid it so I could put a hat on and keep it from tangling all up. He looked over and said, "stop that". I asked, "what?" He told me to put it back down and then said, "oh, nothing". I took that as a nice compliment that someone would like to see my hair down cause sometimes I wonder if it starts looking crazy messy when I don't braid it. :)

Glamgirl
May 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
I'm still waiting for one...:(

mattt
May 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
As of right now, you need a haircut, at least that means its getting longer though. When i had it long before i got compliments on how thick is was all the time

VitaR86
May 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
A friend of a friend told me I looked F****** hot with my hair red and that if I needed a lover to give him a call.

BattahZ
May 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
The other day, DH and I were having dinner, and out of the blue one of the waitresses in the restaurant came up to me, apologized for interrupting our dinner, and told me she thought my hair was beautiful. It was really sweet! She made my day :)

Olivia23
May 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
My nice hair comment came from my husband. I've been growing my hair out for a few years now (just recently cut it back a little) and I did not think my husband noticed it one way or the other. Well a few month ago we went to visit his family and my MIL was saying how she like me hair. Well my husband speaks up and goes on and on about how beautiful my hair is and how well I take care of it. I mean it was so flattering! I wish I could remember all he said but I had no idea he felt that way about my hair!

cindy58
May 4th, 2010, 07:29 PM
While I was driving home I pulled out my hair stick and let my bun down because it was bugging me. Then I realized I needed to run into the party store to buy my winning lottery ticket tonight :-). When I stepped out of the car, my hair was blowing around my face, so I stood into the wind and tossed it back.

A man by the store said to me, "I see you shaking that long pretty hair!"

That was kinda fun!

smilinjenn71
May 7th, 2010, 01:31 PM
OK, so I go to the Dr this morning for my yearly exam....bleck!

BUT, the lovely front desk girl made the experience soooo much better. She says, you have the prettiest hair! It's so shiny and smooth and I love the color.(thank you Henna for all of the aforementioned compliments!) So I tell her thank you so much! She goes on to say that roughly a year ago she cut her waist length hair to shoulder. It then grew to a little lower than collar bone (she's pointing out) and she just recently got it cut to long a pixie. It was soooo super cute on her too!!

She went on to say that she has cut/grown, cut/grown over and over throughout her life. Naturally I gave her the web address for this site and she totally lit up and said she would check it out.:D

eamane
May 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
"Oh it looks like on a schampoo-commercial"
Nice compliment but I nearly started laughing since I CO and this was on a day before my weekly wash. :D

humble_knight
May 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
The nicest comments I received were from women aged 40-80 [colleagues at work as well as female patients]

The worst comments I received were from women aged 20-40 [university friends & colleagues at work]

The experience I remember the most was standing at a bus stop minding my own business and hearing,"Excuse me, young man, but I wanted to tell you that I like your hair". It was from a middle-aged lady. I smiled, thanked her and hurriedly got onto the bus.

Stormcast
May 7th, 2010, 07:24 PM
After wearing my hair up for 5 months, I had my hair down the other day and my friend says "Oh my gosh, your hair is so loooong! You certainly have the 'wow' factor!"

GuinevereMay
May 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I wore my hair in double dutch braids into a chinese bun yesterday when my husband and I went out to Chili's. The hostess said "Your hair looks amazing! How did you do that? I bet you have tons of hair!" It was so nice to hear that.:cheese:

contradiction
May 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I have never gotten a compliment on my hair.

fisher2
May 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM
"oh my gosh you have wonderful hair i think im straight now..."

nothing happened it actually creeped me out for a while

mellie89
May 8th, 2010, 08:40 PM
My friend asked his new girlfriend if she knew who I was, since we had band together but we have never actually met. She apparently said, "Oh yeah, I know her. She has awesome hair!" :D Best compliment ever!

humble_knight
May 9th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I have never gotten a compliment on my hair.

Never?Ohhh....:(

So, you have an awesome head of hair [according to what I can see from your avatar :grin:] and good for you that you're growing it longer :thumbsup:

Ludde
May 9th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Mostly I have only heard really nice things about my hair. It was when I became a member of this forum I got to hear less respectful remarks about my choice of hairstyle ... :ponder:

The compliment I cherish the most is when my best friend said last year that she wished she had my hair. :heartbeat

Ludde
May 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
... and I do have gotten nice comments on LHC :love:

Daioki
May 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM
"It's getting really long."

I know it doesn't sound like much but after growing it out for a while it counts haha. :)

Pandora.
May 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM
"Wow, *as my friend plays with the back of my ponytail* your hair's soooooo pretty and loooooong."

"Your hair's growing all the way down your back now!"

"Your hair is way too Barbie-ish." - That wasn't initially a compliment, but what that person meant was how the colour of my hair made me resemble a Barbie. For a long time, I've been trying really hard to get it that colour, which is the colour I've always wanted.

fil
May 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I've been getting compliments on my hair color since I was a baby every week. I never get compliments besides how awesome red hair is, though

Amelia
May 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Got one today!
A family friend touched my hair today, after I had explained that I've been using coconut oil. She said "Wow! How soft!" and then talking to her son, who happens to have very similar hair to mine she said "Look, come and touch it. Your hair could be like this as well. " I giggled and gave her more advices.:p

Rennire
May 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I was sporting two day old taped up hair while I was walking the dog a few days ago. A cute old man stopped me and said: "Your hair must be very long for you to be able to do that. You look just like a princess." It put an extra spring in my step!

Kathie
May 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM
When my hair was BSL, and I was 17, some of us girls were discussing how we were going to get our hair styled for the school formal/ball.
I was explaining the elaborate updo I was going to get and another girl said- oh its so nice you should just wear it out :bigeyes:
That made me smile!!

MissMandyElizab
May 9th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Yesterday I was told by a cute little girl "i want your hair it looks like an angels."

Maplecat
May 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I'm digging deep for this one. When I was a young teen, my friend's mother told me that my hair had beautiful red glints in the sun.

hazelwood
May 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
at work (i am a nurse) a very confused elderly woman (patient) stopped me in the hall... we think she thought i was her daughter or sister or something, because she touched my hair and smiled (a rare thing) and seemed to by very calmed afterwards... she was no longer able to communicate so it was a special moment for me :)

funny i think of this as one of the best compliments!

fisher2
May 9th, 2010, 08:51 PM
omg that last one is amazingly awsome its like awhhhhhhhhhh its soo sweet i wonder what she thought

Longlocks3
May 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
It wasn't really a spoken compliment but I was leaning over to restrain my pups eager licking while a little girl petted her. The little girl, never taking her eyes off the dog, started 'petting' my braid that had fallen over my shoulder! Normally I hate other people touching me, but it was so sweet and cute I couldn't be mad about it.

walterSCAN
May 9th, 2010, 10:51 PM
I got about 4 compliments on my henna-color today... :) It really made my day!

(Not only that, today was my graduation party! YAY, no more classes... EVER!)

masterofmidgets
May 10th, 2010, 12:13 AM
We have a kudos box at work so you can leave (anonymous) compliments or comments to people to be put in the monthly newsletter. When I got last week's newsletter, there were two different comments from people about how neat/pretty my hair is. :D

-j-
May 10th, 2010, 02:41 AM
This is maybe the oddest that happened to me:

I was walking home from the mall, and there was this dosser, an older man. I walked past him, he looked at me and yelled: "You have very good looking... (an I was like, Oh my god, what kind of rude things is he about to say).. hair!!

I was just dazed and amazed. I didn&#180;t expect anything like that from HIM :)

Qadupae
May 10th, 2010, 03:40 AM
My hair is not really long, just barely reaching shoulder, but I recently recolored it all to closer to my original haircolor. I've been getting the nicest comments ever since from lots of people that they prefer this more natural look to the dark browns and blacks I used to do all the time ^_^

moonlight
May 10th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I get compliments on the color, but that's it <sigh>

Fairlight63
May 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
When I was coming out of church yesterday a lady behind me said that she thought that I had the prettiest hair. She said that she admires it every week and she touched my hair. (She said it right in front of my DH that keeps saying every once in a while that he wants me to cut my hair, that I would look better with it short, he didn't say anything about her compliment to me)
(I had washed it the day before and twisted it up and when dry put my silk sleep cap on for the night. When I take it down in the morning it has nice curls) Very easy to do, to think that I used to sleep (try to sleep) on curlers to get curls, then it would be too curly, uck
LHC has been so HELPFUL to me, I know that I would have never been able to grow it this long without you all!

Savvyhorsez
May 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
To tell the truth, I don't get many hair compliments out of this forum, I guess my ends are too wispy. I do however sometimes get a compliment or two on my hairs sticks, so that's good enough for me.:)

Cupofmilk
May 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I remember being out with my hubsand in a resturant. A friend of a friend was there and he asked if I would mind him smelling my hair - he picked some of it up and smelt it - and told my husand he was a lucky man!
Sadly that was in the days when I had hip length hair.

beadmask
May 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I was at an all day workshop recently, and one of my classmates approached me at the break to tell me that my hair was "stunning". I told her how much I appreciated the compliment, as there are still times when I feel a little self conscious about my choice to grow out my grey. Another woman chimed in to say that my grey was "striking, and very distinctive". It was such a nice ego boost to hear that!

Ludde
May 11th, 2010, 06:39 AM
To tell the truth, I don't get many hair compliments out of this forum, I guess my ends are too wispy. I do however sometimes get a compliment or two on my hairs sticks, so that's good enough for me.:)
:( Sounds a bit sad.

Savvyhorsez
May 11th, 2010, 09:17 AM
:( Sounds a bit sad.

Well I don't like to search for compliments, so it's for the best.:)

Beatrice
May 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
After stepping out into the sunshine and letting my hair out of a ponytail, I was startled to hear a girl exclaiming, "OMG, you have natural red highlights, and your hair is so full and shiny! You should be in a shampoo commercial!"

Alcenaia
May 21st, 2010, 09:26 PM
I was referred to as Ranpunzel twice this week, much to my enjoyment.

Also, there is a girl that sits behind me in one of my classes. I've worn my hair up every day this semester, but yesterday I gently pulled out my Ficcare to redo my nautilus during class. She said she was completely shocked when I let it fall at just how long it was.

The next day, when I had my hair down to celebrate the last day of class, I had put a little accent braid in half my front hair to keep it out of my face temporarily. The same girl also complimented me on the braid and how my hair looks down.

A girl in another one of my classes looked at my hair thoughtfully while it was down and remarked that it must be hard to manage it--not in a derogatory way, just like she was truly thinking about what's it's like to have hair that you can nearly sit on. Not a compliment, per se, but I consider it flattering.

Also, I had taken my hair down in front of a certain gentleman and quickly tossed it back up into my Ficcare. He complimented me on how elegant my nautilus bun looked for having done it in less than thirty seconds.

:blush: I will take my inflated self-esteem elsewhere now, carry on. :flower:

Sunsailing
May 22nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
When I was at the salon a few years ago for a trim, a woman came up to me when she was leaving and somethink like "I've been looking at your hair during my whole appointment. I had to come over and tell you how beautiful your hair is".

She then asked me how I was able to grow my hair without it drying out. She wanted to know my "secrets". She said, "Every time I've tried to grow mine, it just got really dried out...". I told her that there were techniques, like the CSC method, that help. (My stylist, who I love, just gave me a confused look...)

Her comments really made my day!

Pandora.
May 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Yesterday, I walked past a group of girls in the corridor at school and one called said "Woah her hair is long" and then another replied "I know!" I don't actually know if they meant it in a good way or a bad way, but I took in a positive way nevertheless.

Also, a load of girls in my year nominated me for the "Best Hair Award" in our end of year awards ceremony at school (since we're all leaving school next month). I was surprised tbh, since they were the popular girls who are known for being really bitchy :S lol oh well.

Miasen
May 22nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I was at a work party today, and talked to one of my coworkers. We never have the same shifts, so I've never really talked to her at all before, but one of the first things she did was oooh and say that she envied my pretty, long hair. :D And then a couple other of my coworkers chimed in too. XD

Sarahmoon
May 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
One time I was at the supermarket and wearing my hair in a rope braid. A young girl noticed me and nudged her daddy and said "Oooh look at that super long hair!" Daddy was very uninterested and unimpressed though :laugh:

Igraine
May 22nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
The nicest so far was this past week, after unbraiding my hair and combing it, following a martial arts training. Another young woman looked at it and said "Wow, I've never seen hair this long. You're a mermaid!" :D

GRU
May 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Between the reddish hair (enhanced by henna, but originally strawberry blonde anyway), the natural 3b/c curls, and the length (curl-shrunken is almost to waist, stretched is tailbone), it's pretty much impossible for me to go out in public (grocery store, hockey game, school -- anywhere there are large numbers of people) without someone mentioning my "beautiful / thick / curly / red" hair. Happened today at the grocery store, in fact.

About a year ago I was in Walmart and a guy who was in the same aisle as me just gaped as I walked by, and he said, "You sure do have an awful lot of hair!" I told him that he should see my shower drain, which was full of my hair at that time! :D

I have noticed that the public comments from strangers have become even more common since I started using henna to cover my grays. I'm not sure if it's the color that is prettier, or just that the color gets more people's attention, then that causes them to notice the curls as well. :confused: Maybe it's a combination of both? I did get lots of comments before I used henna, but I'd guess they've about doubled since.

ladylafee
May 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
My 4 year old son always says 'Mom, your hair is beautiful!'-I love it! :)

GRU
May 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
My 4 year old son always says 'Mom, your hair is beautiful!'-I love it! :)

That's so sweet! When my son was that age, he'd say, "Mommy, you have big hairs. You need to get your hairs cut so you'll have little hairs like me and Daddy!" Now he's 10yo and doesn't GAS what I do with my "hairs" as long as I don't do anything to embarrass him in front of his friends and/or classmates and/or neighbors!

StarryNight
May 22nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Today my boyfriend told me that he never liked longhair on women until me.:D:D:D

Tom Steinberg
May 23rd, 2010, 12:55 AM
I got a compliment from a lady the other month... "I think I'm in love with your hair" lol. Talk about breaking the ice :)

UltraBella
May 23rd, 2010, 02:35 AM
I had red hair at the time and I swam as a mermaid at a local attraction. A little girl asked me for my autograph and said she wanted to have long hair just like me someday. How sweet ! But I still didn't understand why she wanted my autograph until the mom whispered to me - please sign it "Ariel, the Little Mermaid".

Purdy Bear
May 23rd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Its growing back!

I can see it, but its wonderful for others to notice too. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

HotRag
May 23rd, 2010, 03:59 AM
My 5 year old son of my brother in law, said "WOW, What a pretty hair!" when I took it down for washing.

My own kids do not say anything about it. They are used to me beeing a mom with long hair.

In2wishin
May 23rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
I went to a "style for Professional Women seminar" at a local salon set up for the women in my office. It included advice on color and clothing style plus a haircut, makeover, and facial waxing. The stylist told me that she thought I should keep my hair long because "it is so nice and fits you".

The most interesting compliment she gave me was when she was going to do the waxing. She started studying my face and after I told her I never wax or pluck my eyebrows the said "you have the most naturally perfect eyebrows I've ever seen" and took a picture to use as a sample of what they should achieve when doing brows on others.

Sunsailing
May 23rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
I had red hair at the time and I swam as a mermaid at a local attraction. A little girl asked me for my autograph and said she wanted to have long hair just like me someday. How sweet ! But I still didn't understand why she wanted my autograph until the mom whispered to me - please sign it "Ariel, the Little Mermaid".

Your hair still isn't red?

Was the local attraction the famous Weeki Wachee mermaids? I've always wanted to see a show there.

UltraBella
May 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Your hair still isn't red?

Was the local attraction the famous Weeki Wachee mermaids? I've always wanted to see a show there.

No, I have been gravitating back to my natural dark blonde, too much maintenance of my ashy roots.
I live in Montana, we have a local Tiki bar called The Sip & Dip and I used to be the mermaid. Even Daryl Hannah swam there once !

laurathexplora
May 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
My new sister-in-law jokingly pulled on my pony tail when we were out to dinner last week. When I saw her yesterday she said she couldn't believe how soft my hair was. The fact that she brought it up a whole week later made me feel good. :D

luckyduck
May 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Today a friend in church told me how nice my hair looked. "Is that a knitting needle you have in there?" Indeed it was, I was sporting a 7.5 inch really fat wooden double pointed knitting needle. They are too fat for me to knit with, but are great in one of my new updo's from LHC.

CrystalStar
May 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I mostly get compliments on how brave it was to go from bleach blonde to red, but my boyfriend is very supportive of me growing my hair long, and barely goes a day without telling me how much he loves my hair :D

curlylocks85
May 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
My new neighbor told me yesterday that my hair is really beautiful and I should grow it out really long! I told her I already am. :)

young&reckless
May 23rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Sometimes it just about quantity...I got told three times in the same day that people loved my hair :)

note to self: wear hair down at work more often

*Aoife*
May 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I just posted this in another thread but I had a few people staring at me today, with what I hope was awe, when I was fixing my bun :) The holding a bun up with very little seemed to impress them. Or maybe it was the bun curls...

phylsgyrl
May 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
When I had WL and I was combing it out in the bathroom before church and a member stopped to say I had "Princess Hair" to her daughter as they were walking by *blush*

Cirafly24
May 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM
A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers walked by my desk and stopped to say "I keep meaning to tell you, you have such pretty hair. I wish my hair was that nice naturally."

:D

Debra83
May 25th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I henna'd my hair last night with lustrous blonde Henna over my dark Henna, and I didn't see that much of a difference...but one of the first things my fiance said to me when he saw me was, "did you dye your hair?....it looks really good!!!". Yay Henna!!! :cheese:

*Aoife*
May 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I was fixing my hair at lunch while sitting on the playing fields. A girl sitting near me said she never realised how long my hair was before :)

XcaliburGirl
May 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
My sister, who saw me with my hair down last week, told me that she hadn't realized how long my hair had grown.

MelroseMRP
May 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I was told once that I was lucky to have such great hair and it was the kind that people bought fake versions of to achieve the same result. That totally stuck with me :)

KittyLost
May 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
The compliment I enjoyed the most was I was sitting in the library once doing my coursework for GCSEs a few years ago and there was an elderly gentleman on the same table who asked me to watch his things while he checked out his book. When he came back he explained that he had very bad eyesight and was very grateful for my brightly coloured hair as it helped him to find his way back! He then proceeded to tell me that he loved the bright blues and pinks I had in my hair as it reminded him of his grandaughter that he rarely got to see due to her living far away. I had a lovely conversation with him until his wife came to collect him after her hair appointment so they could go for dinner. It made my day. :)

KittyLost
May 25th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Whoops, excuse me. I had a bit of internet trouble there.

natt i nord
May 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
The woman at the library today complimented on my rope braid and asked how I did this. Made my day, as I hadn't done a rope braid before for months :D

naereid
May 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM
The compliment I enjoyed the most was I was sitting in the library once doing my coursework for GCSEs a few years ago and there was an elderly gentleman on the same table who asked me to watch his things while he checked out his book. When he came back he explained that he had very bad eyesight and was very grateful for my brightly coloured hair as it helped him to find his way back! He then proceeded to tell me that he loved the bright blues and pinks I had in my hair as it reminded him of his grandaughter that he rarely got to see due to her living far away. I had a lovely conversation with him until his wife came to collect him after her hair appointment so they could go for dinner. It made my day. :)
Aw, that's so touching. :o Especially since most stories I've heard about older people and crazy hair have the older person being extremely rude.

LaFlor
May 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I had decided to go get my hair trimmed the same day that my family was having a get together. I told them I had to leave early to go to the salon and my aunt (who has a very short dyed style) said "please tell me you are not going to cut off your hair, it's too pretty to cut it off!" I've always looked up to her and valued her opinion so it felt good to hear it from her.

People always make compliments on the curls I get after damp bunning. They always want to know how I manage that without heat since my waves always end up so voluminous and nice. It feels good because it took me a long time to get the damp bunning just right so that it would come out nice. I try to explain to them the technique but most of them don't have the length to do it :(

Honeybun21
May 27th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Once at school a girl told me my hair was beautiful and she was distracted staring at it during the whole class period.

Another girl told me I had the perfect hair of a porcelain doll.

Boys sometimes say nice things too :)

naereid
May 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
People always make compliments on the curls I get after damp bunning. They always want to know how I manage that without heat since my waves always end up so voluminous and nice. It feels good because it took me a long time to get the damp bunning just right so that it would come out nice. I try to explain to them the technique but most of them don't have the length to do it :(
Could you share your secret? :) What I've had the most success with so far is just a damp beebutt. What do you do?

LadyGunn
May 31st, 2010, 11:09 PM
My boyfriend loves my long hair & will very emphatically say "NO!" if someone mentions a cute, short cut. He also likes to smell it & says that I look like Eve with it down & over my shoulders. :crush:

mktmgt
May 31st, 2010, 11:11 PM
Every day this girl Kelsey would tell me I'm beautiful and my hair is beautiful, I don't know why she did it, but she really made me happy. She was so nice..

Sammich
July 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Aww, the other day when my DBF went back to America, he showed off pictures at work of me and him, one of his coworkers first reaction to my hair was: "Wow, her hair is so long!" It was one of the first things my DBF told me on the phone from work too, (Yes super expensive, cough) to make me happy. Daww. :D

It really REALLY inspired me, because my hair hasn't been feeling very long lately, can't wait till it's longer. :D

GoddesJourney
July 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Aww, the other day when my DBF went back to America, he showed off pictures at work of me and him, one of his coworkers first reaction to my hair was: "Wow, her hair is so long!" It was one of the first things my DBF told me on the phone from work too, (Yes super expensive, cough) to make me happy. Daww. :D

It really REALLY inspired me, because my hair hasn't been feeling very long lately, can't wait till it's longer. :D

Maybe off topic, but why call long distance when you can Skype for free? That's how I kept my long distance relationship alive and well until we could be together again.

Sammich
July 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Maybe off topic, but why call long distance when you can Skype for free? That's how I kept my long distance relationship alive and well until we could be together again.

Oh, we do Skype, only when he's home though. (In America that is) :D :inlove: God is long distance hard. :p
[/hijack]

sunshine-locks
July 4th, 2010, 11:30 AM
my RL life friends say that its very shiny, soft, smooth ect :D i love them for being so kind, esp coz their hair looks so good 24/7 anyway :cheer:

sibylla
July 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yesterday I thought I was going to get robbed at the cash machine.Instead they all said how lovely my hair was and that they wished their hair was that long...pjuuuuush!

fair isle
July 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Before my hair darkened up and was still blond and almost WL I would get a lot of nice compliments on my hair. Now that it is hair colored hair and APL not as many. Although since I found LHC and have been babying my hair more, it is looking better :)

The other day DH told me I had shampoo commercial hair :blushing: The irony being that I use very little shampoo and only wash my hair a few times a week!

Sarahmoon
July 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I had one last week, in the supermarket. The lady at the checkout said "You have such beautiful long hair, I want mine to be as long one day." :D She had dark, mid back length waves herself. I hope she'll get there and won't join her colleagues in the Bleach & Straighten club.

emmebean
July 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Today we went to an art fair, so I had to do the girls hair up, right? Every booth, someone stopped the girls to tell them that their hair was so beautiful. It made me feel good. I know they were wanting to be left alone and lots of eye rolling, but the mama was happy! :)

tinti
July 4th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Today one of my aunties told me my hair had never looked better :D :D

Sissy
July 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Well, at the gym one day an older lady complimented me on how beautiful my hair was. I thought this was nice as I was sweating and had it pulled back while lifting weights.

Then, last week at Wal-Mart I got the feeling someone was looking at me so I turned and it was an older guy with two kids and he said, "you have nice hair". I said thank you that is a very nice compliment. We went on to talking about hair and he asked me what do I use for a leave in and I said Camellia Oil :)

handsclean
July 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM
My boyfriend said to me the other day, "I love your hair when you wear it down. It's like princess hair, all pretty and curly and long." :) :)

itheleniel
July 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I think the nicest compliment I got on my hair was: Wow your hair is so amazing it could totally be used as shampoo advertisement.
That was from a person I don't even know very well. I usually get: wow it's so long (obvious) you should cut it really short though, (oh please), It would look better. (groan).:mad:

Kome
July 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
When my natural hair color was still a golden blonde with a red shine... this girl in my choir in highschool told me that my hair looked like goldi-locks, like locks of golden thread and that I should never cut it!

Perhaps I should have followed her advice! Alas, it will be that long and even longer someday!

Reptilia
July 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I've recently started wearing my hair down more often, after the last 2 years of 80&#37; of the time having it up, so most people don't know how long my hair is now.

This past weekend sitting around the campfire with some friends, I decided to take my hair down and tipped my head forward and started shaking it out - and received some "ooohs" and "ahhhs" about it's lenght/condition and the pretty color (thank you henna!) reflecting in the fire light. It is a HUUUUGE compliment to finally be noticed for my hair! All of this hard work is really paying off.

Dragon
July 6th, 2010, 02:06 AM
when I get compliments, its usually about the thickness, the curls or colour.

Miasen
July 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
One of my coworkers told me I had pretty, long hair today. :D It was the first time she had seen it out of the bun I usually keep it in.

PineappleJello
July 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I had a lovely two inch trim today at a hair school and the girl kept saying that I have a lot of hair (in thickness and in length) and that she wished she had long hair like mine. I think the only reason I like going to hair dressers is so I can have my ego stroked :P

mellie89
July 6th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Forgot to post this when it happened, but a few weeks ago, I was fingercombing my hair and giving myself a little scalp massage. My mom walked in the room and said, "Your hair. Is gorgeous." It was really nice, since she is usually the one badgering me to get trims ever other month.

irisheyes
July 7th, 2010, 05:36 AM
My nicest hair compliment was from my 38 year old daughter, who has gorgeous bsl hair. I had thrown all my hair over my shoulder, and she said, " Wow, Mom, your hair is so sexy! "

CourtneyBee
July 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
DBH says "If i had to pick a way to go, it'd definitely be getting hugged to death by my girlfriends hair

*Aoife*
July 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I had my hair down and I was sitting in my aunt's kitchen and I got bombarded with compliments for about 30 seconds :)
Then they got bored and started talking about the world cup :p

moominhapa
July 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I've always looked at this thread and wished I could post something. Well, now I can! I hung out with some girls I met for the first time tonight, and when I took my hair down, one of them just blurted out, "You have really nice hair. It's so long and thick." I was so happy! :D Around LHC my hair isn't especially long or thick, so it was nice to hear such a compliment from someone in real life.

MissManda
July 9th, 2010, 12:11 AM
When I had long hair a child, my mom always told me how beautiful and thick my hair was. I love going to visit the hairstylists only because I like it when they tell me that I have lots and lots of hair. :D

I remember my classmates would constantly come up behind me to pet my hair, which I really liked because then they told me how jealous they were of my hair and that it was so thick and shiny.

When I was doing work experience through Upward Bound, I worked at a childcare center. There was a sweet little girl there who asked me why I had my hair so short (it was in a pixie at the time). I told her that it was easier for me to take care of (I know it's not true now!) then she said "You should grow it out. You would look so much prettier with long hair." Not exactly a compliment, but I feel so inspired by that since small children are so honest!

During the very short time that DBF and I lived with his sister (my SIL) my niece would tell her mother how badly she wanted long, pretty hair just like mine.

One of my male friends commented that if my braid gets any longer, I could use it as a weapon. I thought that was hillarious!

My friends and DBF seem to casually grab my braid and play with it. They tell me how soft and shiny my hair is. DBF also tries to take my hair down when I put it up because he loves my hair down and he constantly pesters me about why I don't wear my hair loose to bed. Hee hee.

Someone on LHC once told me that I had the shiniest hair they'd ever seen. I take this compliment to heart because the standards on LHC are so high and because I see a lot of gorgeous, shiny hair on here!

When I did my first henna, someone also told me that I look like a natural redhead, which is just pure awesomeness. ^_^

Upside Down
August 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
A cool thing happened today, as I was walking out of the office I noticed a kid sitting in the car, and he saw me and started yelling after me: "Hey, girl! Hey, girl! My grandfather says you have really beautiful hair!" :)

I thought it was funny and cute :) I've never had a compliment shouted at me, even if it is by a young boy :) hehe

Qwackie
August 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
The guy that usually cuts my hair said that it's really healthy. :3 Even if I did have some split ends he was cutting off.

mali
August 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
You all have amazing hair!:):):):):) I got only one since my hair is almost shoulder length,so it is very short : "Your hair is so shiny! And it has a pretty blonde color! I love it! i WISH had your hair!''

csm--carla
August 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
As I waited outside a restaurant for a friend as little girl walking by said to her mom and grandma "That lady has such BEAUTIFUL ORANGE HAIR!!"

I was delighted and thanked her! Yay Yemeni henna!

Tabihito
August 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I babysat for a little girl when I had short hair, then went away to school. I came back and sat for her again, and she said "Hey, you look like a girl now!" Made me happy that my hair was starting to get 'long' again.

And when I went to get my hair cut a few days back, the hairdresser told me that I was lucky to have my hair. "I've got curly hair, but mine's all coarse and frizzy. Yours is so soft, even for fine hair! I can't believe this actually has chemical dye in it!" I was grinning ear to ear as I left. She has no idea...

ghost
August 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Miss Manda -I always liked going to the hairdresser as a little girl, because the stylists always told my mom and I that I had "such nice hair"...this was before my permanent store-bought dye days, of course!

luxepiggy
August 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
A stranger walked up to me on Rodeo Drive in LA and told me I have "perfect hair like an anime girl" - that totally made my day! I always thought anime girls had the coolest hair (^(oo)^)

09robiha
August 3rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
not so much hair comments but a general one involving my hair is:

OMG!! you look like jessica rabbit/ariel/any other cartoon character with red hair

I get this particular comment alot...also my manage calls me Lady Marmalade!

luxepiggy
August 3rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
not so much hair comments but a general one involving my hair is:

OMG!! you look like jessica rabbit/ariel/any other cartoon character with red hair

I get this particular comment alot...also my manage calls me Lady Marmalade!

I always get Mulan . . . before that movie came out it was usually Pocahontas :p

09robiha
August 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
I always get Mulan . . . before that movie came out it was usually Pocahontas :p

I ALWAYS wanted to be pocahontas when I was little but she was the total opposite of the fair skinned, blonde, curly haired and blue eyed child that I was. Back that Penelope Pitstopp was my mothers nickname for me.

fisher2
August 3rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
your hairs fine leave it alone... oh wait maybe my gf ment something else...

LittleOrca
August 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Nicest so far has to be a toss up between three incidents:

1) My mother telling me my hair is wonderful and that she loves it. She is the only female member of my family to think highly of my hair (and apparently she even brags about it at her work to the point that I had to make a list of things I use and don't use for the other ladies so they could have hair as nice as mine.)

2) While waiting in line for ice cream at a cheese factory (Yay Tillimook!) two women behind me just started talking about my hair. I tend to ignore people when they talk about my hair, good or bad, since I am generally not a highly social person (how many of you just went "What?!" lol). They talked about the color, the waves, and how it "Laid down properly and that if (the lady) were to grow (her) hair out it would just fuzz and be a tangles mess so (she) had to keep it at (APL).

3) While at my WW meeting, a woman was admiring my hair as I was putting it up after getting weighed. The meeting leader came by and asked what the woman had just said and she told her that she was admiring my hair. The leader gave a little laugh (as if to say "well duh") but instead she said (in the same tone) "She's always had amazing hair."

adiapalic
August 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
My 14 year old niece (brother's daughter) compliments my hair more than anyone. She even has her 16 year old half sister (same mother, different father... so not "blood" related to me) asking me if she should let her hair grow out like mine or cut it. I, of course, told her that she should do anything she wants with her hair because she's beautiful either way.

However, I am guilty of encouraging my own niece to grow hers out to see what it looks like--cause she has the most amazing CURLS. I have been hair fun with pin-up style hair and make-up with her short style lately, I put pin curls in her already "boingy" hair... looked amazing.

lol /tangent

Stephichan
August 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
I get a lot of compliments on my hair color. A few people who knew me before I started using henna had to actually ask me about my natural color, they were so confused!

Back when my hair was long enough for french braids I'd always get compliments on how neat and pretty they were. I can't wait to do that again ^_^

crazy_margaret
August 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
2) While waiting in line for ice cream at a cheese factory (Yay Tillimook!)

off topic.... but have you TRIED the cheese curds from Tillimook? YUUUUUUUM !

wvgemini
August 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
I don't have enough to get length comments yet, but I get several comments on how my color is so perfect and shiny (henna) from one of the gals at work. She's even made a point to show her daughter (works in the same building but not the same office) my hair and tell her what I use to get it that shade.