PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this?

wackyredtangles
June 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19lZPEzT4U&feature=related

Its basically a sock bun, except done a bit differently (the different part seem a bit unnecessary to me since its being covered up anyways), but then instead of braiding whatever is left over there are lots and lots of pin curls. I think that could look really pretty if done right. I'm moving and all my hair stuff is packed away, but maybe I'll try it when I'm done.

Debra83
June 15th, 2009, 09:34 PM
That is really neat!!!! Thanks for sharing! :D

JKRBeloved
June 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Ooh, I like that. What an interesting technique, to band each strand in the middle and fluff it out a bit.

shakin_m
June 15th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I think I'll be trying that very soon. I have fine hair and also ways lifeless. this my be perfect!! thanks for posting it:)

Themyst
June 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I must be a complete moron. I was so lost after 'divide ponytail into six sections'.

But, I did love the look, I wish I could do it!

Gothic Lolita
June 16th, 2009, 06:47 AM
It looks very pretty, but can somebody please explain the deviding and spreading out thing to me again?

wackyredtangles
June 16th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Gothic Lolita It looks like you do a regular sock bun, but instead of just spreading it all over evenly take that and divide it into 5 parts, with an elastic just below where the hair would end. Then take that part and fluff it out a little, pull out to make it bigger. I think they use a comb and some hairspray to. Then take the tail of each five sections and make pincurls.

plainjanegirl
June 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I love the look of that, but kinda confused how exactly to do it.

DMARTINEZ
June 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Nice look, but WAY too much work for me. :)

Deb

Bunnyhare
June 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
This looks really nice,a way to look like you have a really full bun..but I had to watch it in slo-mo about 3 times!LOL Alot of work alone..maybe for prom or a night out?

JKRBeloved
June 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Now that I've watched it again, it looks like there are a lot more curls showing at the end that are not explained in the video. Since you hide all the ends, where did the curl come from?

enfys
June 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I love that at one point there are three hands on display.

You actually have to have an extra arm or two to be able to do this!!!!

I wouldn't do this, it looks a bit unhairfriendly pulling the strands back through the band to fluff it.

Dreamernz
June 16th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Wicked!!! Thanks a lot!!!
:D:D:D

misstwist
June 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I LOVE the Sharon Blaine videos.

I like a slightly overdone, elaborate, retro updo for days when I'm going to be out and about. They are interesting and make me feel polished.

I started by looking at Fox's directions for retro updos on the Long Hair Loom and have played with it from there. http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/message/1047267071/Retro+Twist

JKRBeloved
June 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I started by looking at Fox's directions for retro updos on the Long Hair Loom and have played with it from there. http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/message/1047267071/Retro+Twist

This is interesting. I tried the up do that started this thread, but it looked nothing like the photo. Using the technique for one strand of hair from this site that MissTwist posted (pinning the end of the segment as loops), I think maybe it would come closer if I did that with each of the strands, instead of totally hiding them.