PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

bahannas
June 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Found an interesting tidbit on the Marie Claire website:

"Stop suffocating your strands. While silicone products (such as Silky Sexy Hair Frizz Eliminator) are great at preventing frizz and enhancing shine, do not apply them before heat-styling, or they can fuse to your hair and have a "shrink wrap" effect, sapping all the moisture from your strands, notes Nawrot."

(http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/articles/healthy-hair-2)

I never considered that! I always used to slather on the 'cones right before I heat styled. No wonder my hair got fried. :?

andrea1982
June 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Wow, I wonder if this is true! It's kind of interesting, the product they recommend (Tresemmé Instant Heat Tamer) probably contains cones too.

Nevermore
June 16th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Imo, cones are needed to protect your hair from heat styling and ANY heat styling, cone or conefree, will fry your hair. After all, you can cook bacon on flat irons and hair dryers can burn your ears or set your hair on fire (speckla has this happen recently), it's a no brainer that they'll trash your hair eventually.

Madame J
June 16th, 2009, 05:47 AM
After all, you can cook bacon on flat irons

Oh man, I totally want to try this now.

ChrissieM
June 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM
haha....I'm imagining all sorts of new methods of dorm room cooking......want bacon and a grilled cheese sandwich? No problem, just get out the flat iron.

bahannas
June 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-to-cook-the-bacon.jpg

RancheroTheBee
June 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Wait, wait, wait. You mean, I put away my flat-iron, and I could have been using it this whole time to COOK BACON? I could have been eating bacon at work, damn it!

Nevermore
June 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Just make sure you get any product residue off first if you decide to try it O.O

teela1978
June 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coney bacon

Laurenji
June 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hahahahaha!!!

:rollin:

I love you guys.

(And if I had a straightener, and some bacon, I would totally be trying this right now....)

Fractalsofhair
June 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Oh gosh, I know what I'm bringing to the next party! Bacon and a flatiron! (I'm vegetarian, but would possibly eat bacon once if it was cooked in such a manner! XD(Jking, unless it was coated in cones! XD)) Cones hide damage on heat styled hair, which is beneficial, since most people don't grow their hair long enough to have to worry about repairing/preventing everyday damage.

andrea1982
June 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Oh gosh, I know what I'm bringing to the next party! Bacon and a flatiron! (I'm vegetarian, but would possibly eat bacon once if it was cooked in such a manner! XD(Jking, unless it was coated in cones! XD)) Cones hide damage on heat styled hair, which is beneficial, since most people don't grow their hair long enough to have to worry about repairing/preventing everyday damage.

Hmm, I wonder if cones would hide damage on Bacon!:cheese:

teela1978
June 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm kinda wondering what effect pork fat would have on split ends.

Curlsgirl
June 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I am thinking the cones would SUFFOCATE the poor bacon. :shrug: