PDA

View Full Version : For the curly girls.

ttubabe
June 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Has anyone tried the Jessicurls products? I have between a 3a/3b hair type and I hate the dreaded "CRUNCH"! I noticed the plopping technique on her website and I'm really interested in her products. I just wanted to see if anyone has had good or bad results with these products?;)

Curlsgirl
June 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I like them pretty well. You ARE scrunching out the crunch after your hair dries aren't you? If you are, then you should get soft defined curls instead of crunchy stiff curls. I don't plop, never worked that well for me but I just let my hair dry with a curl cream and sometimes a gel over it and then when it is COMPLETELY dry, I start from the ends and scrunch up in sections like an accordian. Jessicurl actually has a demo video or used to on the website.

curls2grow
June 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
They are nice products. I used a bunch of them when I first started following the CG routine, when my hair was shorter. But then my hair started feeling dry (which is a continuing battle for me), possibly due to the magnesium sulfate in a few of the products.

I still love the Weekly Deep Treatment.

GlassEyes
June 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM
They've been 'meh' for me overall, though I'm a curly -guy-.

I've used the rockin' ringlets, confident coils, and the 'Too Shea' deep conditioner. Not my favorites, but I'm still experimenting with them.

I much prefer Curly Hair Solutions thus far.

Cassi
June 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I am curious about her products, too. I just (tonight) read what plopping is. Where have I been? It looks cool and I want to try it and maybe the product line, too if other curly guys/gals have good luck with them.

GlassEyes
June 16th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I'm going to try using them again today after watching the videos.

curly girl fla
June 16th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I used to use her products exclusively. They are very nice quality and natural, but some have issues with the mag sulfate in the RR & CC drying out their hair. The conditioners, especially the weekly deep treatment, are great. I actually loved that as a leave-in, too. I ultimately didn't get enough hold from the stylers, and sometimes ended up with stringy curls after awhile, so I started trying other lines. It's nice that you can get sample sets to experiment with :).
ETA-I plop or plunk exactly as she says to (I use a CurlEase or Flour Sak towel)...good instructional videos...

GlassEyes
June 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Okay. COMPLETELY CHANGED MY MIND. THESE PRODUCTS ARE AWESOME. AT LEAST TODAY, ANYWAY. xD;

I guess I didn't apply them properly before...or I might've had buildup.

MountainGypsy
June 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
They are all I use, I love them!

Forest
June 17th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I like the Rocking ringlets gel, it gives me nice shiny curls everytime, but it does not give me second day hair. Confident coils styling solution - I have to try it more before I say anything.
Weekly deep treatment - a really good deep treatment.

Hope that helps someone. :)

Curlsgirl
June 17th, 2009, 06:56 AM
The Too Shea is good for a deep treatment I forgot to mention. I have a big pump bottle of it that I use only for that. To me it's not thick enough for a daily conditioner and too expensive. I also don't get good second day hair with the leave-in products like Rockin' Ringlets and confident coils.

abritta3
June 17th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Personally, I have never tried them. I am a broke college student so for my 3a curls I stick to coconut oil/evoo/and jojoba oils :) they seem to give my curls the right amount of moisture and it's natural! Alcohol and other ingredients in curly products used to dry my hair out.