PDA

View Full Version : New hairs - Growth spurt??

MimiKeki
June 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm happy because I've noticed that all over my scalp are new hairs that stick up goofily. Some are a couple of inches in length, and some are a couple of centimetres. They are clearly new, and not due to breakage, because the tips are tapered and healthy.

What does this mean? now I don't know much, but has it got something to do with this "anagen" phase, etc? Is it likely to do with the summer weather? there are so many, that I'm really hoping for increased thickness someday.
Is it possible that when I started to take my hair vitamins for the first time, that it simply kick-started dormant follicles? can vitamins do that?

I'd really like to know a little about the science behind it! :cheese:

enfys
June 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, I'm happy because I've noticed that all over my scalp are new hairs that stick up goofily. Some are a couple of inches in length, and some are a couple of centimetres. They are clearly new, and not due to breakage, because the tips are tapered and healthy.

What does this mean? now I don't know much, but has it got something to do with this "anagen" phase, etc? Is it likely to do with the summer weather? there are so many, that I'm really hoping for increased thickness someday.
Is it possible that when I started to take my hair vitamins for the first time, that it simply kick-started dormant follicles? can vitamins do that?

I'd really like to know a little about the science behind it! :cheese:

No science coming from me, but supplements gave me the same goofy hairs!

All I keep hoping is that they will give me loads more thickness. Never at any point do I remember noticing so many baby hairs.

Kunoichi
June 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I hope the vitamins help! I just started taking Biotin a few days ago.... *crosses fingers* :magic:

kdaniels8811
June 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM
My hair is healthier in general and is no longer as thin as it used to be, my ears used to stick out! So yea for baby hairs!