PDA

View Full Version : Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner and other things.

patreeka
June 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
first off, i wanted to say a huge OMG THANK YOU to everyone on this board. i've been browsing the articles and youtube videos and reading all sorts of bulletins posted here and so far it's helped tremendously! now, the past two days i've been on a "no-elastic" method, so i've bought the hairagami. but i haven't been able to find hairsticks. :( and when i look on some websites, they're so expensive for nothing special.

i've read that coconut oil/creams/conditioners are amazing for your hair. so i went out and bought the Organix brand Coconut Milk Conditioner. has anyone here used it? what are your reviews? it smells freakin' WONDERFUL but i have yet to use it. i will tonight.

Nevermore
June 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I looked up the ingredients, it doesn't sound like anything really special to me :shrug: The coconut ingredients are pretty far down the list.

Fractalsofhair
June 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Plain coconut milk works well on my hair(The cheap $2 a kind can of full fat). It really seems to like it. Though, it is high in protein, so it depends on your hair. I still get scary hair days with it, but not quite as many.

AJoifulNoise
June 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I like the Organix conditioner a lot. I use it as my 'every now and then treat conditioner.' But, it is not going to give you the same benefits of coconut oil or soaks.

Plain refined coconut oil has worked wonders on my ends, so I would definitely suggest that.

patreeka
June 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
hmm, plain coconut oil huh? nice to know! thanks :D

SummerRuby
June 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
When I was trying out co-washing, I wanted to use Organix conditioners so much because they all smelled so delicious (especially the Vanilla one), but the conditioners have 'cones in them and my veganism doesn't allow it. Oh well, que sera sera :p

theshadowpuppet
June 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I'm trying to avoid cones, which is a shame, because that conditioner smells sooo goood. And v05 scents are pretty bland in comparison.