PDA

View Full Version : Poodle Perm?

Catladyintown
April 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hello need some advice on Perms. My mom is nearly 70 and takes a lot of medication. She also has fine hair that is around 2 to 3 inches long. She will never be a long hair Lady. So my question is does anyone know what is the best type of perm for older Ladies. I am happy she getting one because she just recently got out of the hospital 2 months ago. And feels a lot better so she can get a perm. The last perm she got was around six years ago. But she really like poodle perms.:p Any help of what type of perm she should get will be appreciated. Catladyintown

lora410
April 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
All you have to tell the stylist is that she wants a tight curl perm.

k_hepburn
April 9th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I would have thought getting them to do a poodle perm is not really all that difficult, since that is the one of the standards for older ladies at a lot of hairdressers. Getting them to do a perm that will create bigger sized curls is the tricky bit...

That said, I hope the visit to the hairdresser will be a thoroughly pleasant and pampering experience for your mother and that she will be happy with the result! So perhaps the best advice to give you is to try and find a hairdresser that will listen to what your mother wants and that provides an environment your mother will feel comfortable in.

Greetings

katharine

Catladyintown
April 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thank you Lora410 I will be interviewing stylist for her. Thank k_hepburn she looking forward to the visit. And I am happy she finally wants to get out of the house. By the way I also love Katherine Hepburn she was such a Lady.:)